In the Netherland the police is warning for people using bluetooth and it also seems the ios7 turning on bluetooth on a low level. It seems that iphone's and ipad are easy to track and it could be ibecaon push.

What they do here in the Netherlands is that they break open only cars where they scan a iphone or ipad and other cars stay intact. They using a simple bluetooth scanner between 50-300 dollar. when a car is right the break open and sttealling the the ipad or iphone's.

They also using it also the check out if people have ipad's at home because that is an indication people could also have an airbook or imac.

Bluetooth always goes on and criminals in the Netherland knowing how to use it.-bluetooth_street_wifi_bt_shops_small.png

Inbrekers azen met €˜Bluetooth-tracker€™op waardevolle spullen | politie.nl
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    03-15-2014 07:39 AM
    A word of advice. Don't keep your valuable stuff in a car, unattended.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-15-2014 09:32 AM
    Good information. I don't leave BT on for power and security reasons, and turn on only when in one of our vehicles that supports BT Hands Free Calling.

On a related note, BT on all the time may be a desired state by Apple.

Apple Keeps Turning Bluetooth On When You Update Your iPhone - Forbes
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    03-15-2014 11:02 AM
    In the USA, we don't leave valuables in our cars because with BT detection or not, we don't want our valuables being stolen. Lol

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    iOS Gravity and nikkisharif like this.
    03-16-2014 09:59 AM
    Good way to lure criminals. Call all your friends, turn on Bluetooth, and have fun beating up some thugs.
    03-16-2014 10:13 AM
    Good information. I don't leave BT on for power and security reasons, and turn on only when in one of our vehicles that supports BT Hands Free Calling.

I'm like you and turn it on and off as needed to save power; inasmuch as I don't really know how much power is saved.
    03-16-2014 12:28 PM

Apple wants your devices to get stolen so you will buy new ones.
    03-16-2014 05:00 PM
    In the USA, we don't leave valuables in our cars because with BT detection or not, we don't want our valuables being stolen. Lol

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    Sadly, there are many people that do leave them in the car.
    03-16-2014 05:01 PM
    One of the craziest things in the world
    03-16-2014 11:26 PM
    Indeed, way too many people, like Julianne Hough. She left her car unlocked and had $100,000 worth of jewelry stolen that Seacrest gave her. Crazy people in the world.
    03-16-2014 11:59 PM

Thank you Dog5000 for your response the the original post. I also followed the link you posted and found the article quite interesting. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-17-2014 12:06 PM
    In the Netherland the police is warning for people using bluetooth and it also seems the ios7 turning on bluetooth on a low level. It seems that iphone's and ipad are easy to track and it could be ibecaon push.

What they do here in the Netherlands is that they break open only cars where they scan a iphone or ipad and other cars stay intact. They using a simple bluetooth scanner between 50-300 dollar. when a car is right the break open and sttealling the the ipad or iphone's.

They also using it also the check out if people have ipad's at home because that is an indication people could also have an airbook or imac.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluetooth_street_wifi_bt_shops_small.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	51669

Inbrekers azen met ‘Bluetooth-tracker’op waardevolle spullen | politie.nl
    Thanks for the info. This really is a downside to Apple''s iBeacon push which I find rather sneaky anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-17-2014 12:10 PM
    I never turn off BT. If its that serious for someone to steal my stuff then they obviously need it more than me.

I got insurance for a reason!
    03-17-2014 02:25 PM
    Leave your iPhone inside your car here in Italy---> go have a coffe---> go back to your car: glass broken, ta-da! You don't own an iPhone anymore.
    Obviously, you won't leave nothing valuable inside your car if you know what kind of people are actually walking in your town (even in the most central/rich areas)

Inviato da iPhone 5s con Tapatalk
    03-18-2014 10:35 PM