About the touch id sensor...

Alex Reotov

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I know that each sensor is paired to its cpu.
But what if something goes wrong and the sensor is not responding?!?!
I cant replacing it due to security issues...

Sooooo what should i do in that case?!?

Tnx guys

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yup I agree, contact Apple because sensor ID matters are things not to be messed with and better dealt with by the company itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I know that each sensor is paired to its cpu.
But what if something goes wrong and the sensor is not responding?!?!
I cant replacing it due to security issues...

Sooooo what should i do in that case?!?

Tnx guys

Apple would replace the phone if the sensor stopped working .The sensor is not user replaceable.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ed is right. Apple won't replace the sensor, only the phone. So if your sensor is truly defective and not something that they can get working for you and you also can't replace your phone, you're screwed. However, I don't really understand why you couldn't simply back the phone up into iTunes, wipe it before giving it to Apple, and then restore the new device as your old device in iTunes. Everything would be identical. That is, unless your work prohibits backing up of any kind, in which case, like I said, you'd be screwed.

Alex Reotov

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
We dont have apple stores in Israel :/

And what about the home button flex it self...
Its not problem to replace it?
Its not soldered to the flex or something like that wright ?!

Tnx

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
We dont have apple stores in Israel :/

And what about the home button flex it self...
Its not problem to replace it?
Its not soldered to the flex or something like that wright ?!

Tnx

I'm really not sure what to tell you other than it would be incredibly difficult to replace yourself, and that's if it's even possible because like you said, it could be soldered (I just don't know). I'd certainly advise against it, but hey, it's your phone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Touch ID sensor is tied to the CPU so if you replace the Touch ID sensor it won't work. This is suppose to be a security feature so if someone stole your phone and replaced the sensor your phone with a rigged one your phone will reject it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This all sounds like a hypothetical situation.
If something goes wrong with your home button contact Apple. Check the warranty for your country I know warranties can differ from country to country it's all on Apples website.
If something goes wrong with the Touch ID hardware why concern yourself with replacing the home button when the phone won't work properly if it's done.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So basically you need to keep the device covered by apple care for the lifetime of the device- because if the sensor ever goes faulty then you're screwed. Great way to keep the money coming in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So basically you need to keep the device covered by apple care for the lifetime of the device- because if the sensor ever goes faulty then you're screwed. Great way to keep the money coming in.

Aren't the phones covered by the industry-standard 1 year warranty?

0rbital  Halcyon

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Warranties differ from country to country. What the differences are for Israel are I don't know. The warranty for Israel on Apples site is in Hebrew.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

A one (or two year depending on country) manufacturing warranty is in effect. If you get AppleCare +, it'll be covered for not only manufacturer errors but human ones too.

How long do you plan to keep it that you'd need to replace a sensor multiple times? I'm just curious.

Sent from one of my toys using Tapatalk.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Possibly but every country has different laws concerning warranties Apple has to operate within those laws whatever they may be.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2