so i am a new iphone user. i had the galaxy s2 with tmobile since it came out and i decided to switch to at&t with the 32gb gold iphone 5s. its been almost three months now, and i cant decide if i should jailbreak or not. i know there are alot of threads out there with this topic, but i personally wanted to see and talk to ppl that has their iphone jailbroken.

with that being said, why should i jailbreak my phone? is it worth it? does it affect the phone's performance(battery, speed)?
    thank you so much!
    03-12-2014 10:41 AM
    I don't know if anyone can truly convince you one way or the other. I usually always jailbreak my iPhone for BiteSMS (quick reply to messages) and Activator (gestures trigger certain actions). It hasn't affected the speed or battery of my iPhone. I think it's worth it but that's just my opinion.
    rodeTrip and nikkisharif like this.
    03-12-2014 10:44 AM
    If you already updated to 7.1 then you cannot jailbreak right now. If you are still on 7.0.6 or lower, you can.
    rodeTrip and nikkisharif like this.
    03-12-2014 10:47 AM
    i did hear about this bitesms and how conveneint it is, theres no need to convince me, i am about 80% sure that i will jailbreak i am just still fairly new to all this so i am just wanting to talk to more people about jailbreaking before i do it.

and yes, i did update to 7.1, do you know how long will till i can jailbreak? thanks
    03-12-2014 11:44 AM
    Well supposedly 7.1 fixed some of the jailbreak exploits. So unless the jailbreak devs find other exploits, there won't be one. And even if they do find more, they may hold on to them until iOS 8 because otherwise apple will patch them.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-12-2014 11:48 AM
    I have jailbroken many of my iphones in the past...mostly to install a tweak or two, or to have the option readily available if I wanted to explore more. I fooled around with some themes and tweaks, but I always ended up restoring my phone to stock. Jailbreak has never been something I need like some people, and that has a lot to do with how you use the phone, how you want it to work, etc. Many people on these forums are way more tech-savy than I am, and use their devices for things I will never use it for. Stock works perfectly for me.

At the same time, I say if you can jailbreak (when/if it is available), then do it. Check it out for yourself, see if you enjoy or want it, and if not then go back to stock.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-12-2014 12:36 PM
    I have modded other OS devices and decided NOT to do that with any of my iOS devices. They do what I need them to do, and while yes I'd like to organize icons differently, it doesn't bother me to the extent of going through the vast amount of time I would spend tinkering in the past.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-12-2014 01:22 PM
    If you're already 80% sure then I say do it. You can always undo the jailbreak if you don't like it. Just make sure you read up on it and follow the directions so you don't brick your phone. Good Luck and Enjoy!!!
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-12-2014 02:50 PM
    I will stop buying iPhones if there's no jailbreak.. A jailbroken iphone= the best smartphone in the world . Trust me
    rodeTrip and Tanbam like this.
    03-13-2014 04:46 PM
    nice! this convinced me a little more! im hoping they willl release one for 7.1
    03-13-2014 09:25 PM
    iOS has evolved to a point where I don't feel jailbreaking is worth it to me anymore. I did jailbreak my 5S for about a day, and found that the only tweak I actually used on the device afterwards was the 5 icon dock...such a trivial thing for a very real risk of stability sacrifice (in the case I do any other customization to it later on a whim). Also, the recent jailbreak of iOS 7 has, to me, seemed like the most underdeveloped version I have ever seen...so many bugs, so many issues from simple modifications and a real lack of support from the developers that provide these customizations. Not to call them lazy...but it seemed like a lazy effort.

I, for one, will be joining the no jailbreak crowd from now on unless something presents itself as being a worthwhile excuse to do it.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-14-2014 08:36 AM
    I jailbroke and unlocked my old iPhone 3G, but I just didn't really get the appeal because I like iOS as is and thus never did it again. Different strokes for different folks, though.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-14-2014 12:11 PM
    I'm on a Verizon iphone 5 with ios 7.1
    If I jailbreak it could I still use to it call, text and social media like i would everyday? Or does jailbreaking restrict this? I've never jail broken any of my devices so I don't really know awhole lot about it 😀
    03-14-2014 02:28 PM
    If you jailbreak, yes, you can still call, text, use social media, etc as you would normally.

However, if you are running IOS 7.1, there is not a jailbreak available for you. It is anyone's guess if a jailbreak method will be released for IOS 7.1 or if the Devs will hold their cards until IOS 8 comes along.

Lastly, if you are new to the jailbreak process, it would be a good idea to browse this forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com to eductate yourself on the ins-and-outs of jailbreaking.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-14-2014 02:53 PM
    Jailbreaking is great but if your tring to jail freak now you will be unsuccessful
    rodeTrip likes this.
    03-16-2014 01:01 PM
    There is no jailbreak for iOS 7.1.
    03-16-2014 01:13 PM
    There is no jailbreak for iOS 7.1.
    Nope
    03-16-2014 02:35 PM
    Did someone come up with a jailbreak for 7.1 yet? If so, where can I find it? I've never jailbroken before but I'm ready to take the leap with my 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-05-2014 02:50 PM
    Did someone come up with a jailbreak for 7.1 yet? If so, where can I find it? I've never jailbroken before but I'm ready to take the leap with my 5S.
    Check the post right above yours...Still true...
    04-05-2014 02:53 PM
    No I saw it but that was over two weeks ago.

04-05-2014 02:53 PM
    No I saw it but that was over two weeks ago.
    You'll see it covered extensively in the forums and the iMore blog when it is...
    04-05-2014 02:55 PM
    Thanks! I'll keep my eyes open.

04-05-2014 02:56 PM