Hello guys,

I am galih from indonesia and i will be studying in Japan from april this year and i think i'm going to buy iphone 5s in Japan but i'm not sure the procedures to get iphone in Japan for foreigner. I heard that we have to sign a contract first and finish the contract in 2 years. Do they provide just 1 year contract? since i;m just study there for 1 year. And also do you know information about how much we have to pay to get iphone 5s when we get the phone, and monthly bill? Please give me some information. Thanks guys.
    03-11-2014 01:01 PM
    I'd like to think buying in Japan would be like buying many other places - either via a subsidy (on contract for a period of time) or via cash (Yen or dollars). Other than that, it will be a tad difficult to completely answer your questions, especially without knowing what carrier you plan to do business with.
    03-11-2014 02:04 PM
    so in that case i also can get the iphone buy cash payment at once? i mean without contract.. i'll just find out about more detail when i arrive at Japan soon. Thank you very much for the information.
    03-12-2014 12:32 AM
    so in that case i also can get the iphone buy cash payment at once? i mean without contract.. i'll just find out about more detail when i arrive at Japan soon. Thank you very much for the information.
    Yes, you should be able to. That is, if Japanese carriers are anything like US and Canadian carriers.

By the way, for being your (at least) second language, you speak English well.
    03-12-2014 10:51 AM
    Okay. now i'm considering to sell my iphone 4 and get the new ip 5s in Japan. Haha, thank you Jake.
    Yes, you should be able to. That is, if Japanese carriers are anything like US and Canadian carriers.

By the way, for being your (at least) second language, you speak English well.
    03-13-2014 10:33 PM