Broke down and got the Product Red iPhone 5s case

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This case is the official case for the iPhone 5s from Apple, and I opted to get the Product (Red) one which proceeds do go towards helping People in Africa overcome Aids and HIV.

But more importantly I chose the Red because it looks the hottest of the Lot, it does look good along with the white bezels on my Gold iPhone 5s, which I can't say for previous phones I had which I had bought official cases for. Apple made a good premium leather case with this product, that feels really good to the touch, and you'd just want to pick it up just to feel the suppleness, the soft and warm feel.

The phone sits really tight in the case, and although it is difficult to get the phone out, you'd never want to get the phone out. The holes for the outlets give you access to everything you need, and you are good to go.

I wouldn't mind getting slightly black stains on it, which other people fear, because it just looks that badass. Love it to death.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This case is the official case for the iPhone 5s from Apple, and I opted to get the Product (Red) one which proceeds do go towards helping People in Africa overcome Aids and HIV.

But more importantly I chose the Red because it looks the hottest of the Lot, it does look good along with the white bezels on my Gold iPhone 5s, which I can't say for previous phones I had which I had bought official cases for. Apple made a good premium leather case with this product, that feels really good to the touch, and you'd just want to pick it up just to feel the suppleness, the soft and warm feel.

The phone sits really tight in the case, and although it is difficult to get the phone out, you'd never want to get the phone out. The holes for the outlets give you access to everything you need, and you are good to go.

I wouldn't mind getting slightly black stains on it, which other people fear, because it just looks that badass. Love it to death.

That's the one I got back in December and I absolutely love it!

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

A word of advice if you ever want to safely clean the case. Get a can of old fashioned Saddle Soap in a shoe dept.. With a clean moist sponge soap it up just a little and clean it of course phone removed.lol Then wipe with cool water and stuff light with newspaper to keep from shrinking and let dry 24 hours. Good as the day you bought it and puts a finish on it to keep first from penetrating.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
A word of advice if you ever want to safely clean the case. Get a can of old fashioned Saddle Soap in a shoe dept.. With a clean moist sponge soap it up just a little and clean it of course phone removed.lol Then wipe with cool water and stuff light with newspaper to keep from shrinking and let dry 24 hours. Good as the day you bought it and puts a finish on it to keep first from penetrating.

Jag do you do this immediately upon purchase as a preventative? Or as a cleaning agent after use? I ask because the original Apple case I bought was red (I have been using the black version for several months now). The red was simply gorgeous, but very quickly it began taking out a grimy look. I think it was from a combination of the oils in my skin, handling at my gym, being in pockets etc. While some may like the 'worn' look....it looked dirty to me and switched black. I would LOVE to move back to the red one again.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Leather is natural. It will age over time. Oils. Natural air will give it a different look no matter what. IMO. They are even more classy looking later on.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
One man's classy is another man's filthy lol
But darn did I ever love the look of that case. That's it I'm getting another one.

he4edahy.jpg

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's all in how you care for it. I've had mine since day one and I've had to dab one mark off of it with an alcohol swab but otherwise I clean it everyday when I'm using it by putting it in my UV sanitizer, and as you can see, it looks like the day it came out of the box. I couldn't be happier with it.

IMG_2983_zps2ffea902.jpg

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Jag do you do this immediately upon purchase as a preventative? Or as a cleaning agent after use? I ask because the original Apple case I bought was red (I have been using the black version for several months now). The red was simply gorgeous, but very quickly it began taking out a grimy look. I think it was from a combination of the oils in my skin, handling at my gym, being in pockets etc. While some may like the 'worn' look....it looked dirty to me and switched black. I would LOVE to move back to the red one again.
For sure it was from everything yo said although because of black you don't see it that much. I would use it when you start to see it getting a bit dirty as a preventative. Saddle Soap has been used for years and very mild. Just a bit will work and you will see the results you will get out of it. Good luck and it is inexpensive, Comes in a can like shoe polish.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's all in how you care for it. I've had mine since day one and I've had to dab one mark off of it with an alcohol swab but otherwise I clean it everyday when I'm using it by putting it in my UV sanitizer, and as you can see, it looks like the day it came out of the box. I couldn't be happier with it.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii252/JakesPhonePics/Mobile Uploads/IMG_2983_zps2ffea902.jpg

One word of advice...Don't ever use Alcohol of any kind on it. It will take out the natural oils of the leather and crack it and dry it out.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For sure it was from everything yo said although because of black you don't see it that much. I would use it when you start to see it getting a bit dirty as a preventative. Saddle Soap has been used for years and very mild. Just a bit will work and you will see the results you will get out of it. Good luck and it is inexpensive, Comes in a can like shoe polish.

I will probably just listen to your tips and get some soap for it. I think the care will really be worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm still planning on getting one! Best Buy didn't have red when I went to get one. I'll probably hit the local Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice