I've had enough of the 5S

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't stand Sprint when I was with them. I went with AT&T and am completely happy. With Sprint, there seemed to always be a problem.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina w/Zagg bluetooth keyboard.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Seems like T-Mobile is becoming better than Sprint. Sprint needs to step up their game. Not sure if this will work, but you should try restoring the device. Another carrier might be your best bet if you want to stick with the iPhone and not have those issues.

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love the iphone. I was hellbent on getting the 5S when it came out even if I had to wait.

I'm going to try sprint and see what I can get out them. If nothing else, I'll be switching to a new carrier. But only as a last resort.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love the iphone. I was hellbent on getting the 5S when it came out even if I had to wait.

I'm going to try sprint and see what I can get out them. If nothing else, I'll be switching to a new carrier. But only as a last resort.

Problem is the sprint 5s will not run on the other three major carriers

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
As someone else mentioned - for the crashes, at least wait until 7.1 is released, which is apparently 'very soon' (in the next week or so).

Lots of folks commenting that 7.1 fixes the crashing issues on the M7 processor devices (5S and this year's iPad's).

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
In the mean time go into Settings>Cellular and toggle off LTE and toggle on Roaming if your plan supports it

That way you don't miss any calls or text hopefully

I see you also mentioned you had warranty replacements already this is strange my 5s works perfect on the sprint network better than my i5

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I have ever known one person who has been happy with Sprint. Like everyone has stated above, that seems to be your issue.

I have really good service from Sprint on my 5s, but like I said above Sprint is hit or miss depending on area.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry that you're having this issue. Its rare for someone to have so many problems. I haven't personally witnessed it myself. Sounds like it is your carrier, not the phones.

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Well i tried one of my other phones and lo and behold no problems.

I didn't turn the lte off though which I just read above. Maybe that was causing problems. I don't know.

The crashings though were getting on my nerves.

I'll see what 7.1 bring but until then there's no way in hell I'm going back to my iPhone until the issues are sorted out.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Well i tried one of my other phones and lo and behold no problems.

I didn't turn the lte off though which I just read above. Maybe that was causing problems. I don't know.

The crashings though were getting on my nerves.

I'll see what 7.1 bring but until then there's no way in hell I'm going back to my iPhone until the issues are sorted out.

Did you see if you can get a replacement? Perhaps your exact phone is defective. I've had no problems of the sort with my 5s.

However, I did do one exchange for a dead pixel.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Here in Michigan Sprint is really sporadic. Even with full bars you can drop calls and data. I had to use it at work for a while. But as stated, customer satisfaction with Sprint is in the cellar from what I hear.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Sprint seems to work better in the suburban areas than the urban areas. That's my experience with it here in the San Antonio area and all the smaller towns surrounding it.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
As someone else mentioned - for the crashes, at least wait until 7.1 is released, which is apparently 'very soon' (in the next week or so).

Lots of folks commenting that 7.1 fixes the crashing issues on the M7 processor devices (5S and this year's iPad's).

I haven't had any restrings since updating to 7.1...its been very solid.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You get what you pay for. You pay much less and you get much less. I paid $1,250 in ETFs to switch from Sprint and it was money very well spent. I've been with Verizon for years now and service has been incredible. I have to pay just over $200 per month for such stellar service, but that's the name of the game.

I hope you get your issue resolved, but as everyone else has said, it's highly improbable that it's the device since you've already had it swapped out. My guess would be that Sprint's LTE network is public enemy number one and you'll continue to have problems until you cut the cord.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In NJ/NY Sprint was good, not great, but good (8330/9650 and regular cell phones). When I moved to GA 3 years ago, I had to change to Verizon because I could only talk/data from one room in my house with Sprint, with Verizon I talk anywhere I damn well please (GREAT reception and service). I haven't had any issues with Verizon on any of my phones (9930, Z10, 5s and Note3). I also haven't had any of the problems with my 5s that you speak of. Maybe an exchange is in order....It won't hurt to try a different 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro