Don't get me wrong, I love the iphone. I was hellbent on getting the 5S when it came out even if I had to wait.

I'm going to try sprint and see what I can get out them. If nothing else, I'll be switching to a new carrier. But only as a last resort.
    Problem is the sprint 5s will not run on the other three major carriers

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    03-05-2014 05:06 PM
    As someone else mentioned - for the crashes, at least wait until 7.1 is released, which is apparently 'very soon' (in the next week or so).

Lots of folks commenting that 7.1 fixes the crashing issues on the M7 processor devices (5S and this year's iPad's).
    03-05-2014 05:16 PM
    In the mean time go into Settings>Cellular and toggle off LTE and toggle on Roaming if your plan supports it

That way you don't miss any calls or text hopefully

I see you also mentioned you had warranty replacements already this is strange my 5s works perfect on the sprint network better than my i5

03-05-2014 05:17 PM
    Try switching off LTE. That could at least narrow the issue down. If the problem goes away then the issue is Sprints LTE network in your location. If it doesn't go away you still won't know if it's the Sprint 3G network or the phone. Also turning off LTE should make a better comparison with the 4S since that phone didn't have it.
    03-05-2014 05:17 PM
    You reed my mind Karen 😃

03-05-2014 05:20 PM
    I don't think I have ever known one person who has been happy with Sprint. Like everyone has stated above, that seems to be your issue.
    I have really good service from Sprint on my 5s, but like I said above Sprint is hit or miss depending on area.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    03-05-2014 05:54 PM
    I'm sorry that you're having this issue. Its rare for someone to have so many problems. I haven't personally witnessed it myself. Sounds like it is your carrier, not the phones.
    03-06-2014 11:32 AM
    Let me take that troublemaker phone off your hands, I hate seeing people miserable over faulty hardware ...
    nikkisharif and Spencerdl like this.
    03-06-2014 11:45 AM
    Well i tried one of my other phones and lo and behold no problems.

I didn't turn the lte off though which I just read above. Maybe that was causing problems. I don't know.

The crashings though were getting on my nerves.

I'll see what 7.1 bring but until then there's no way in hell I'm going back to my iPhone until the issues are sorted out.
    03-06-2014 12:39 PM

I didn't turn the lte off though which I just read above. Maybe that was causing problems. I don't know.

The crashings though were getting on my nerves.

I'll see what 7.1 bring but until then there's no way in hell I'm going back to my iPhone until the issues are sorted out.
    Did you see if you can get a replacement? Perhaps your exact phone is defective. I've had no problems of the sort with my 5s.

However, I did do one exchange for a dead pixel.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.
    03-06-2014 12:45 PM
    Here in Michigan Sprint is really sporadic. Even with full bars you can drop calls and data. I had to use it at work for a while. But as stated, customer satisfaction with Sprint is in the cellar from what I hear.
    03-06-2014 03:46 PM
    Sprint seems to work better in the suburban areas than the urban areas. That's my experience with it here in the San Antonio area and all the smaller towns surrounding it.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.
    03-06-2014 04:09 PM
    As someone else mentioned - for the crashes, at least wait until 7.1 is released, which is apparently 'very soon' (in the next week or so).

Lots of folks commenting that 7.1 fixes the crashing issues on the M7 processor devices (5S and this year's iPad's).
    I haven't had any restrings since updating to 7.1...its been very solid.
    03-06-2014 05:43 PM
    Do those phones support LTE?
    03-06-2014 05:46 PM
    You get what you pay for. You pay much less and you get much less. I paid $1,250 in ETFs to switch from Sprint and it was money very well spent. I've been with Verizon for years now and service has been incredible. I have to pay just over $200 per month for such stellar service, but that's the name of the game.

I hope you get your issue resolved, but as everyone else has said, it's highly improbable that it's the device since you've already had it swapped out. My guess would be that Sprint's LTE network is public enemy number one and you'll continue to have problems until you cut the cord.
    03-06-2014 06:36 PM
    In NJ/NY Sprint was good, not great, but good (8330/9650 and regular cell phones). When I moved to GA 3 years ago, I had to change to Verizon because I could only talk/data from one room in my house with Sprint, with Verizon I talk anywhere I damn well please (GREAT reception and service). I haven't had any issues with Verizon on any of my phones (9930, Z10, 5s and Note3). I also haven't had any of the problems with my 5s that you speak of. Maybe an exchange is in order....It won't hurt to try a different 5s
    03-06-2014 06:50 PM
    Do those phones support LTE?
    That is the exact question I was going to ask.....and I'll bet I know the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    03-06-2014 08:54 PM
    I don't think I have ever known one person who has been happy with Sprint. Like everyone has stated above, that seems to be your issue.
    I had Sprint years ago and they were bad then too. I was getting calls directed to voicemail without any notification while the phone was on and in a full service area. It seems they haven't changed much.

Might want to consider switching carriers if you can.
    03-07-2014 04:44 AM
    I had Sprint years ago and they were bad then too. I was getting calls directed to voicemail without any notification while the phone was on and in a full service area. It seems they haven't changed much.

Might want to consider switching carriers if you can.
    Sprint is indeed less expensive. ...and I'm always a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    Spencerdl and dkhmwilliams like this.
    03-07-2014 07:11 AM
    I'm a former Sprint user and the service was awful. Dropped calls and at times no 3G (No LTE in the Tampa Bay at the time). Switched to Verizon last year and got much better service with little to no issues. Yes it's expensive but at least I get what I pay for every month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    pr1nce likes this.
    05-10-2014 12:09 AM
    Not the phone it's the service big difference
    In other words, it's not the car but the driver...
    serglb likes this.
    05-16-2014 03:10 PM
    Does sprint purposely not spend any of its cash to improve their service. Is it seriously that hard?
    05-17-2014 02:21 AM
    Does sprint purposely not spend any of its cash to improve their service. Is it seriously that hard?
    They're trying. Since the beginning of Spring they've been rolling out like its crazy. It was the intrusive winter weather that kept pushing them back.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    05-17-2014 02:27 PM
    Guess it depends on your area, have no problems with Sprint, all the towers have been updated and have LTE on my 5s.
    serglb, pr1nce and kataran like this.
    05-18-2014 08:56 AM
    As I stated in any earlier forum, I have been a Sprint customer for 17 years and have had no problem with them at all. Maybe 3 dropped calls in the last 17 years.I have 3 phones and a tablet on my plan and no trouble with any of them.

The customer service is excellant as well.
    taz323 and kataran like this.
    09-04-2014 04:44 PM
52 123