Anyone thinking of jumping to S5?

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
If these are things you want then you should give Apple feedback about it. If it is requested by many people, I'm sure they would consider it.
As for me, those features are not something I have a need for except maybe some sort of accessible file system to have apps share files. The call waiting, conferencing, ringtones are features that I don't care if the phone has because I wouldn't use them.

You said you wouldn't use them. Actually those features are kind of a experience. You ll never know how useful they are until you use them. It's like a 2 side mirrors of a vehicle. Something very simple but we all know how useful they are when it comes to driving.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You've posted these features several times in the forums but have you sent these suggestions to Apple?

Yes I have suggested them to apple. Actually Before I bought my apple iPhone in 2013 jan, I was a very happy Symbian fan for a very long time. I started using nokia 6600 in 2003. I had an android device as well but didn't like the OS much.

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Nope.
Although sometimes I'm still find iOS confusing, I'm happy with my 5s and my LG G2 (Android)
Firstly, as a girl I especially dislike the plastic casing...it's ugly
Secondly, does the "dust and water resistant" really working?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Please refrain from making disparaging remarks about other platforms. We have community guidelines that state our goals to be a polite and welcoming community, regardless of what platforms others are using around here. If you want to make criticisms, do try to make considered ones and not 'jabs.'

Thank you:)

Since that is the case, I hope and expect to see this very statement made to each person who comes into this community making the very same 'jabs' at the iphone platform and its users.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've always liked Samsung phones. However, I'm not impressed with the last two Galaxy S phones. I'm happy with my Note 3 but I don't think I'll be moving up to a Note 4 (I might but I'm anticipating the iPhone 6 more). I'm definitely a bit disappointed in Samsung over a few issues. It's killed my drive to drop big dollars....

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
S5....no.

I'm thinking for me, it is time to quell my continued high expectations with smart phones. The product category has matured. With Samsung, my feelings have been an on-going contradiction. I dismissed most of the 'features' packed into the S3 and S4 as gimmicks. But then the S5 comes along, did very little of that, and I left the unveiling feeling slighted lol.

For me personally, I would like to see the bulk of attention given to the camera, battery, and housing. And I'd like that attention to be given to the next iphone ;)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've always liked Samsung phones. However, I'm not impressed with the last two Galaxy S phones. I'm happy with my Note 3 but I don't think I'll be moving up to a Note 4 (I might but I'm anticipating the iPhone 6 more). I'm definitely a bit disappointed in Samsung over a few issues. It's killed my drive to drop big dollars....

What issues are you referring to? Just curious...

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
S5....no.

I'm thinking for me, it is time to quell my continued high expectations with smart phones. The product category has matured. With Samsung, my feelings have been an on-going contradiction. I dismissed most of the 'features' packed into the S3 and S4 as gimmicks. But then the S5 comes along, did very little of that, and I left the unveiling feeling slighted lol.

For me personally, I would like to see the bulk of attention given to the camera, battery, and housing. And I'd like that attention to be given to the next iphone ;)

Specially the battery. What's the point of having a smartphone with all the all cool features disabled just because of its crappy battery. Most of the Background app refresh, location based reminders, 4G data etc etc turned off due to iPhone's poor battery performance. The #1 complain of iPhone.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Agreed!! Zero intentions on getting any android device.

I have every intention of getting further android devices but they must prove worthy of my dollars (spelled LG G2, G Pro 2, perhaps G 3, or Note 4 (if it doesn't follow the S5's design queues)).

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No. I have all mobile OS devices, don't ask me why, but Samsung is just not my cup of tea. As for Android, I am waiting to see what new Moto X brings to the table.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
A phone to me is a tool, I don't get excited about one nor do I switch because I feel I may be bored.

I played extensively with the s4 and it is really cool, however I have no desire to go out and buy one. A new phone with different tech won't really make my life much better.

YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Specially the battery. What's the point of having a smartphone with all the all cool features disabled just because of its crappy battery. Most of the Background app refresh, location based reminders, 4G data etc etc turned off due to iPhone's poor battery performance. The #1 complain of iPhone.

I'm thinking you just pull these thing you feel are "facts" out of your a$$...#1 complaint about iPhone? Screen size...in fact, if you check online, within most surveys, battery life doesn't even register within the top 10 complaints, lol. Why is that? Because the iPhone doesn't have a battery life problem...never has.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Some people see cars the same way. Many don't.

Exactly. I see cars in a totally different light than my mom...doesn't mean that her view is any more or less valid...it's just different. Just because you see a phone as a simple tool doesn't mean that everyone does, nor does it mean that people who view it as more are doing something wrong or right.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking you just pull these thing you feel are "facts" out of your a$$...#1 complaint about iPhone? Screen size...in fact, if you check online, within most surveys, battery life doesn't even register within the top 10 complaints, lol. Why is that? Because the iPhone doesn't have a battery life problem...never has.

I don't even complain about the screen size. I thought the iPads were for the bigger-screen needs. Different strokes....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods