NO!!! Never jumping ship again. Learned from my mistakes.

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S
    I couldn't have said it better myself lol. Just took my S4 into Verizon and came out w a 64gb iPhone 5s....I've got to get it together lol

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    WildCatStud333 likes this.
    03-05-2014 11:19 PM
    Trying to get excited about a bloatware phone. Nope. Can't do it. Samsung has android so forked with crapware it takes up 8gb of space on a 16gb phone. This is definitely a mainstream phone for the clueless.
    This is exactly why I have written it off already. That is absolutely ridiculous to me. Eight GB's of the OS it takes up? That's unacceptable.
    03-06-2014 01:18 AM
    First things first, I love my iPhone 5S and love iOS for many reasons. It is the best ecosystem for my needs.

With that said, I love tech and phones, and usually have some high end Android or Windows Phone running on my second line in tandem with my 5S on my first. But this (the Samsung GS5) is one of the few times I have NOT wanted to try the "latest & greatest". I know some people think iOS gets boring, but after using Galaxy after Galaxy after Galaxy, I feel Samsung is getting boring (in my opinion). Sure, they cram a ton of features in their phones, but as much as I love tech and phones, I really never used any of those over-hyped features. Not to say that they are of no benefit or enjoyment for others. Also, I really, really hate TouchWiz with a passion out of any other OEM skin.
    03-06-2014 04:37 PM
    First things first, I love my iPhone 5S and love iOS for many reasons. It is the best ecosystem for my needs.

With that said, I love tech and phones, and usually have some high end Android or Windows Phone running on my second line in tandem with my 5S on my first. But this (the Samsung GS5) is one of the few times I have NOT wanted to try the "latest & greatest". I know some people think iOS gets boring, but after using Galaxy after Galaxy after Galaxy, I feel Samsung is getting boring (in my opinion). Sure, they cram a ton of features in their phones, but as much as I love tech and phones, I really never used any of those over-hyped features. Not to say that they are of no benefit or enjoyment for others. Also, I really, really hate TouchWiz with a passion out of any other OEM skin.
    Well, you could easily throw CM, Slimbean, or some other ROM on there and you'd have a fresh device and wouldn't likely be bored. I used to do all that but it got old but if you've not try custom ROMs it's certainly highly recommended.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    03-06-2014 04:41 PM
    S5? Hell no. If I had to pick an android phone it would be the nexus 5.
    03-06-2014 09:34 PM
    Please refrain from making disparaging remarks about other platforms. We have community guidelines that state our goals to be a polite and welcoming community, regardless of what platforms others are using around here. If you want to make criticisms, do try to make considered ones and not 'jabs.'

Thank you
    Now that I've had a couple days to absorb this response I wasn't attacking a platform which would be Android, a platform I used for 2 1/2 years and loved but Samsung who I think is a terrible OEM for Android. I was just responding to the question and why I wouldn't choose Samsung as my device of choice. If I decided to go back to Android (which I won't again) it would be for a device like the HTC One or Moto X. I personally don't care if someone uses iOS, Android, Windows, or BB of course I'll be biased towards Apple and iOS cause I find them to be a far superior choice for me.

Like Finn said I want to see other people who disparage iOS and the iPhone given the same response.
    03-07-2014 03:27 AM
    Now that I've had a couple days to absorb this response I wasn't attacking a platform which would be Android, a platform I used for 2 1/2 years and loved but Samsung who I think is a terrible OEM for Android. I was just responding to the question and why I wouldn't choose Samsung as my device of choice. If I decided to go back to Android (which I won't again) it would be for a device like the HTC One or Moto X. I personally don't care if someone uses iOS, Android, Windows, or BB of course I'll be biased towards Apple and iOS cause I find them to be a far superior choice for me.

Like Finn said I want to see other people who disparage iOS and the iPhone given the same response.
    It's my fault.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    03-07-2014 07:09 AM
    Not in my worst nightmare.
    03-07-2014 10:02 AM
    actually S5 is not get more showoff and more impressive as expected from people
    for more detail : The 'Galaxy S5' problem | iMore
    03-08-2014 01:50 AM
    Nah

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    03-08-2014 03:07 AM
    Specially the battery. What's the point of having a smartphone with all the all cool features disabled just because of its crappy battery. Most of the Background app refresh, location based reminders, 4G data etc etc turned off due to iPhone's poor battery performance. The #1 complain of iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    My 5s battery and I now have an understanding. I have almost every feature I want turned on and battery life is within acceptable for my usage.

Given the size phone apple is stuck. Bigger phone, potentially better battery life.

Phone calls and emails are never a problem, however getting on the phone in terms of browsing, streaming, app usage will deplete the battery much more rapidly than phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Last edited by i7guy; 03-08-2014 at 10:45 AM.
    03-08-2014 09:18 AM
    My 5s battery and I now have an understanding. I have almost every feature I want turned on and battery life is within acceptable for my usage.

Given the size phone apple is stuck. Bigger phone, potentially better battery life.

Phone calls and emails are never a problem, however getting on the phone in terms if browsing, streaming, app usage will deplete the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    My iDevices and I are best of friends, they always deliver more than expected.

{iRiidium} Sent from my liberated Titanium 5S 32
    03-08-2014 09:59 AM
    Ok I like samsung but not crazy for touchwiz but like the customizations and a lot if things you mentioned. Touchwiz is OK it's easy to change the launcher BUT sometimes lose the software esp on the note series .
    I stopped after the note 2... I have one friend who the s4 screen won't go ON but the phone is ON (makes no sense but it happened) than discovered it was a problem w many other s4 phones so s5 would be a better buy than the s4 unless a patch came in.
    They DO
    Push out software sometimes too soon which is probably why software glitches are happening.... It's a FUN device and the screens are beautiful n big to use indoors but that's where it separated for me anyways w the iPhone/iPad.
    My iPad 1 STILL works much better than let's say nexus 7 or my first Sammy tablet.. My iPhone is reliable I still have the 4S (my daughter does) and it's perfect for her...11yrs old and she loves it...and it works like it did day 1! That's where apple separated from the rest it works.
    It continues to work.
    Love that reliability and I find it hard to give up and I really do enjoy using it.
    I've tried the HTC one as well I loved the phone BUT the battery life was the worse I mean HORRRIBLE plus the purple tint but I used flash however it wasn't a 100% experience I get w iPhones.
    That's why I keep going back lol love my 5s and will keep
    It till the 6 or longer 💜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jaleesag88 and WildCatStud333 like this.
    03-08-2014 10:17 AM
63 123