Camera (processing)
Organization
Touch wiz
Not as smooth
No iMessage or FaceTime
Uses to much data
Call quality

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

To add to that, various SIM problems, GPS taking up far more battery than in an IPhone, problems with SDcards...

Battery life poor on a Nexus 5.

The G2 and Note 3s basically needing far greater battery capacity to compensate for the (poorer) battery management in Android.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
To add to that, various SIM problems, GPS taking up far more battery than in an IPhone, problems with SDcards...

The G2 and Note 3s basically needing far greater battery capacity to compensate for the (poorer) battery management in Android.

Ditto

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
iPad is at least $500 on top of at least $650 for an iPhone.

Or you can pay $700 for a Galaxy Note III and only carry one device around which isn't too big or too tiny.

I also don't see the point in using two devices that run the same operating system since neither will really allow you to do anything the other is incapable of (granted, there are OBVIOUS advantages to doing so as well).

Some people want more than 6 inches for some uses, perhaps.

I personally think the Note 3 is a really impressive device, it is powerful and has a powerful framework with Android.

But other people prefer iOS for its simplicity, the ecosystem, the iTunes store, the apps. They don't mind the extra few steps to do the same things...and no one can fault them for that opinion. It's a compromise they are willing to take for other benefits.

Everyone has an opinion, but it doesn't mean any one person is wrong. Neither is any device or platform perfect. You could have an amazing platform with tons of apps, but not everyone's going to like it 100 %. We are human after all.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Lag
Wifi issues
Camera (processing)
Organization
Touch wiz
Not as smooth
No iMessage or FaceTime
Uses to much data
Call quality

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

I had the note 3 twice and honestly I never experienced lag at all and it was very smooth the most smooth android I ever had. And yea the camera processing is very bad on the note 3 and the call quality is bad on the note 3 sometimes. But it definitely does have a lot of nice features that work good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is a very interesting thread along with so many others. If you go to AndroidCenteral you here negativity about Androids, if you come to iMore you here negativity about iPhones...so on and so on. Honestly, I have a Note3 (Android) and 5s iPhone), and I don't have any of the so called problems that I read about (knocking on wood). I sometimes wonder if it's just "USER" error. Both of my devices are with/purchased thru Verizon and run smooth as a baby's bottom (Prestine condition). I am VERY selective with what goes on my devices (apps, cases...ect), as to keep problems minnimal or non existant. I am at a stage in life where I don't have to make excuses why I don't like a product/device, I just go buy what I like and not blame a product/device for me not doing proper research. I've read list on what an Android, iPhone and Blackberry can or cannot do. I haven't ran across any smartphone that TOTALLY satisfies the masses. I just choose what I like, need ,want ect., and not down a product because of my lack of RESEARCH......This is just my...02 cents

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is a very interesting thread along with so many others. If you go to AndroidCenteral you here negativity about Androids, if you come to iMore you here negativity about iPhones...so on and so on. Honestly, I have a Note3 (Android) and 5s iPhone), and I don't have any of the so called problems that I read about (knocking on wood). I sometimes wonder if it's just "USER" error. Both of my devices are with/purchased thru Verizon and run smooth as a baby's bottom (Prestine condition). I am VERY selective with what goes on my devices (apps, cases...ect), as to keep problems minnimal or non existant. I am at a stage in life where I don't have to make excuses why I don't like a product/device, I just go buy what I like and not blame a product/device for me not doing proper research. I've read list on what an Android, iPhone and Blackberry can or cannot do. I haven't ran across any smartphone that TOTALLY satisfies the masses. I just choose what I like, need ,want ect., and not down a product because of my lack of RESEARCH......This is just my...02 cents

SHAME on you for trying to use logic and solid thinking in the forums :p I agree with everything you said. We see all facets of folks come through here. Some are nitpickers. Some aren't content unless they are complaining. Some troll for reaction. Others simply do not try and think through their apparent phone issues. The rest are the those who either truly have a legitimate issue or don't have any complaints. The frustrating part at times is that it tends to be the first four of that list who do the most thread-creating and posting.

I enjoy my iPhone, and every one I have owned. It has shortcomings that, instead of complaining about, I have learned to accept because in my world, those shortcomings do not outweigh the things that bug me on other platforms. I am happy that I have had the luxury of trying each android phone that interests me when it comes out. I feel it gives me a solid perspective on how the various phones and operating systems work, what features exist, the pros and cons, etc. Through it all I have remained partial to IOS. I think the next iteration of the HTC One from a hardware standpoint looks excellent. But, running android, I am just going to pass.

Last edited:

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
SHAME on you for trying to use logic and solid thinking in the forums :p I agree with everything you said. We see all facets of folks come through here. Some are nitpickers. Some aren't content unless they are complaining. Some troll for reaction. Others simply do not try and think through their apparent phone issues. The rest are the those who either truly have a legitimate issue or don't have any complaints. The frustrating part at times is that it tends to be the first four of that list who do the most thread-creating and posting.

I enjoy my iPhone, and every one I have owned. It has shortcomings that, instead of complaining about, I have learned to accept because in my world, those shortcomings do not outweigh the things that bug me on other platforms. I am happy that I have had the luxury of trying each android phone that interests me when it comes out. I feel it gives me a solid perspective on how the various phones and operating systems work, what features exist, the pros and cons, etc. Through it all I have remained partial to IOS. I think the next iteration of the HTC One from a hardware standpoint looks excellent. But, running android, I am just going to pass.

I agree. I've had both devices. I'm back with the iPhone was with the note 3. Let me tell u there's nothing smooth about the device. I've listed all the problems I had with the device. Idk why I even left iOS never ever have I had a problem. Must have got a wild hair. I know next time if I get one I'll go buy an iPad. Never ever again will I b on android. It's horrible.

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

I can't say for the note 3 but for the g2 I am going to disagree. Since I have the device and have used it extensively. I would say the large battery is for you know making the phone last a long time. It isn't compensation. This phone can go into day 3 no problem with my average use. I know Android may not be efficient in some cases. I would argue the g2 is not one of those cases. The g2 is a very efficient phone. No mophie case needed here.

ಠ益ಠ

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The G2 (heck, any LG Phone as of late) is pretty awesome. I can't wait to see what the G3 has to offer even if I have switched over to good side of the Force.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't say for the note 3 but for the g2 I am going to disagree. Since I have the device and have used it extensively. I would say the large battery is for you know making the phone last a long time. It isn't compensation. This phone can go into day 3 no problem with my average use. I know Android may not be efficient in some cases. I would argue the g2 is not one of those cases. The g2 is a very efficient phone. No mophie case needed here.

ಠ益ಠ

I stand corrected but I also have been liking the G2 since it has been released, following it quite a lot on Android Central. It is a good phone, and better the S4 in many regards, I think...

Samsung phones aren't very efficient in my opinion although they can have the most amazing array of features...

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I stand corrected but I also have been liking the G2 since it has been released, following it quite a lot on Android Central. It is a good phone, and better the S4 in many regards, I think...

Samsung phones aren't very efficient in my opinion although they can have the most amazing array of features...

When I switched to the Note I was gonna get the G2 but it was sold out everywhere. If I were to leave I would def choose LG over Samsung.

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I had a note 2 for a while and dumped it. Samsung phones have a lot of features but touch wiz is very very heavy and you can feel it. The LG skin actually aims at being battery efficient and not just throwing as much stuff in your face at possible. While it still has the right amount great and useful features for me.

ಠ益ಠ

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The G2 (heck, any LG Phone as of late) is pretty awesome. I can't wait to see what the G3 has to offer even if I have switched over to good side of the Force.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

From the brief time I spent using the G2 I thoroughly liked it. I am not a fan of amoled screens so that was one plus, and the camera was excellent. But those buttons on the back.....I don't know that I could ever come to appreciate having the buttons on the back. It never felt natural to me, and the camera lense was always smeared because I would miss the button and press the camera lense by accident with my greasy mitts.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
From the brief time I spent using the G2 I thoroughly liked it. I am not a fan of amoled screens so that was one plus, and the camera was excellent. But those buttons on the back.....I don't know that I could ever come to appreciate having the buttons on the back. It never felt natural to me, and the camera lense was always smeared because I would miss the button and press the camera lense by accident with my greasy mitts.

For me the buttons on the back are an OK trade of for having such minimal bezel and keeping the form factor. I agree they are odd, but I never really change much volume on my phone since it is on silent most of the time. But I agree having a great camera is kind of hindered by the fact you keep touching it on accident.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For those that don't like Samsung. May I ask why? The Samsung product is a distant second only to Apple in the US, but a solid second in sales in the US.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394201585.936740.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR