He got bored in two days. They're never gone for long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-09-2014 02:04 PM
    He got bored in two days. They're never gone for long

Apple can't release the ipjone 6 fast enough
    06-09-2014 02:16 PM
    Apple can't release the ipjone 6 fast enough
    Yeah, then all those people who left for Android will come running back home

AlexJ92 likes this.
    06-09-2014 02:17 PM
    Yeah, then all those people who left for Android will come running back home

September will mark the exodus from android.😆
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    06-09-2014 02:20 PM
    September will mark the exodus from android.
    Heh, yep! I can't wait to see all the reactions when people see the larger iPhones

the_tech_eater likes this.
    06-09-2014 02:22 PM
    I hope this post isn't serious?

What you're doing is the same as removing these from an iPhone:

Safari
    Messages/iMessage
    iTune Store/iBook/Newsstand
    Photos/Photo Stream
    Game Center
    Reminders
    Notes
    Memo
    AirPlay/AirDrop
    Siri
    Health kit
    AirPlay
    AirDrop
    iCloud Drive

See how that sounds? That's how your post sounds. Ridiculous...

Additionally, learn to distinguish between a full app preload and a link to an installer that isn't actually an app on the device. Several of the apps you mentioned aren't actually installed on Samsung devices. They just put the link there to set up permissions since the full all upgrades the link:

Knox
    Sketchbook
    S Translator
    Story Album
    Trip Advisor

Those are all links, not full apps in the FW.

You listed all the stock Browsers and SMS/MMS apps on the phone.

You listed WatchOn, which is a custom version of Peel developed to take advantage of the IR blaster which works fairly flawlessly.

You listed Google entire media ecosystem which actually is useful for people who aren't knee deep in Apple's when they get the device.

This cannot be taken seriously.

LINE, Evernote, Parent Dashboard, Kid's Mode aren't on Notes here in any form - not ad a preload anyways.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/gynuvuru.jpg

There isn't much else so I'll only post this screen. Yellow is from Verizon. Green is Google and most users will not disable those Google Apps. Pink is Samsung. Note the Gear manager icon. It has a Windows-like Link tag on it that means the app is actually somewhere else. Not on the phone and if you click it it will ask if you want to install it. Many of Samsung preload are like that. They actually have paired down on preload. The presence of the icon doesn't necessitate the app be baked in, clearly.

Also note the absence of many of the apps you listed.

The carrier bloat is a much bigger issue. Instead. You want people to believe you either neutered the phone into uselessness or replaced a bunch if stock apps with 3rd part alternatives - the latter of which isn't even possible on an iPhone [where the user experience crumbles as you switch to more and more third party apps due to the inability to set app defaults].

This cannot be taken seriously. If I wanted to do that to an iPhone (not possible, theoretical) people would ask me "why are you even getting the phone."

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
    Thank you for your candid post. Whilst I understand your viewpoint, I wholeheartedly disagree with almost everything you have posted. Let me clarify a bit more in hte hopes it will help explain my point of view, which may not have been clear in my first post.

To pick a few examples:

I dislike Evernote and S Note but I do like the iPhone Notes app.

I dislike Chrome and the stock Internet app on my old (now thankfully sold Note). However, I also dislike Safari, so have replaced it with another browser. If I don't like an app, I will search out an alternative where possible (note: Where possible are the key words here). For reference, I don't like Chrome on iOS either.

On my iPhone, Trip Adviser is optional. On my Note, it wasn't. Why?

With regards to your comment about Knox, Sketchbook et al, why even bother putting a link there in the first place? I will admit to never having opened the apps, as I clearly said in the first line of my post, so not knowing the difference between an app and an install is entirely forgiveable in my opinion. Your comment of 'learn to distinguish' is unhelpful, insulting and colours your entire post.

You mention the following apps:

Safari
    Messages/iMessage
    iTune Store/iBook/Newsstand
    Photos/Photo Stream
    Game Center
    Reminders
    Notes
    Memo
    AirPlay/AirDrop
    Siri
    Health kit
    iCloud Drive
    Apart form listing Airplay and Airdrop twice, which i've helpfully removed for you, I have highlighted in bold the apps on that list that I use. Of the others, I care not one jot about them.

Because some of the apps aren't listed on your device, does not mean they are not baked into mine. We are in different countries with different devices and different carriers. Please don't generalise. My Note 3 was bought unlocked, by the way.

Also, I jailbroke my iPhone, which means I CAN use third party apps instead of the stock ones, like Messages and Safari, and even set up defaults so that links open in the browser of my choice instead of Safari too.

If you are going to respond, I would humbly ask that you read back everything you type first just to make sure you aren't coming across as antagonistic. I would much rather discuss this with someone who isn't trying to get a rise out of me. Thanks for your understanding.
    06-15-2014 08:15 AM
183 ... 678