Hello all, I've read some threads and hate to ask a repeat question but - what is taking up my free 5gb of space on my icloud backup?
    The only things I have checked off are Contacts, Calenders, Notes, Find My iPhone. I do not use my icloud email. I do not backup photos/camera roll, mail etc. My last icloud backup 2 months ago was 4.8 gb. It says my next backup requires 5.7 additional gb.

What am I missing??!

Thanks in advance!
    02-25-2014 04:12 PM
    Any other devices using you iCloud account?

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

iCloud: Managing your iCloud storage

Backup

When you back up your iOS device to iCloud, the most important data on your iOS device is backed up automatically, including your Camera Roll photos and videos and your third-party apps (for example, Facebook apps). For more information, read about iCloud storage and backup.
    To control how much iCloud storage you want to use for backups, you can select the specific application data you would like to back up, delete entire device backups from your iCloud storage and turn off Backup for that iOS device, or save photos and videos from your Camera Roll locally to your computer to reduce the size of your iCloud storage backup. You can manage your backups from an iOS device (iOS 5 or later), Mac (OS X v10.7 or later), or a Windows computer, as described below.
    Selecting which iOS applications to back up
    Deleting backups and turning off Backup for your device
    Reducing the size of your Camera Roll backup
    Documents in the Cloud

You can manage your stored iCloud documents from an iOS device (iOS 5 or later), Mac (OS X v10.7 or later), or a Windows computer that meets the iCloud system requirements. iWork documents for iOS apps are also accessible on iCloud.com. Follow the steps below to delete an existing document.
    iOS 5 and later
    OS X
    Windows 8 and Windows 7
    iCloud.com (iWork documents only)
    Mail

You can free up additional iCloud Storage space at any time by deleting email messages from your iCloud email account. You can also move email messages from your iOS device to the local folders on your Mac or PC, where they no longer count against your iCloud Storage. For more information, read how to archive or make copies of your iCloud data (see "Mail & Notes" section).
    Follow the steps below to delete messages from your account, and remember that messages with large attachments will free up more space than simple text emails.
    Desktop email applications
    iCloud.com
    Phone, iPad, iPod touch
    Additional Information

iOS Gravity likes this.
    02-25-2014 04:20 PM
    I have an iPad using 66MB of space. A drop in the bucket of my 5 GB.

Thanks.
    02-25-2014 04:24 PM
    How many old backup's do you have.

Go in and view iCloud Storage. Having 4-5 back ups on iPhone can add up.

iOS 5 and later
    1. Tap Settings, then tap the iCloud icon.
    2. Tap Storage & Backup.
    3. Tap Manage Storage.
    4. Tap your iOS device in the Backups area.
    5. Tap Delete Backup.
    6. You will be asked to confirm this change. Deleting this backup will also turn off Backup of your iOS device. Choose Turn Off & Delete if you want to turn off Backup and remove all backups for this iOS device from iCloud.
    02-25-2014 04:32 PM
    I have an iPad using 66MB of space. A drop in the bucket of my 5 GB.

Thanks.
    If you have had previous devices then they get separate backups .. Go in and delete all the old backups

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-25-2014 05:32 PM
    I have no other old backups or devices other than the iPad at 66MB?
    02-26-2014 08:33 AM
    I have no other old backups or devices other than the iPad at 66MB?
    Hook your phone to iTunes how much " other " is taking up space .. My daughters ipad seemed to be lacking a ton of space almost unable to install apps .. I restored and loaded from backup and it fixed the issue

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-27-2014 04:18 AM
    I have almost 10 free GB on my iphone that is unused. No trouble installing new stuff.
    02-27-2014 09:50 AM
    Any ideas?
    02-28-2014 10:44 AM
    If you don't back up music, photos and videos yourself to iCloud, the only thing it could be are backups. I know you said you only have one, but you should probably double check to make sure there aren't any older saved backups from either device. You should be able to see any of the backups regardless of which device you use to check the storage management.

If there simply aren't any in there, contact Apple...you're still within your year of warranty, so I would certainly have them do a more legitimate check.
    02-28-2014 05:55 PM