What kind of case do yall use???

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't really slide off the phone like totally, it just comes loose on the edge, which makes the screen stick out of it a little...just annoying to me.
I know what you're talking about, but I've not had that problem with mine (day one purchase). Maybe you got a bad one? ...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
What's everyone's thoughts I the otter box defenders? I ask because I am going on a hunting trip next week and will be out in the woods for a week and would have a high chance of dropping my phone or whatever else. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with these cases?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What's everyone's thoughts I the otter box defenders? I ask because I am going on a hunting trip next week and will be out in the woods for a week and would have a high chance of dropping my phone or whatever else. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with these cases?

My son has the the newer one with tougher rubber and it holds up pretty well!! He's dropped it a million times and his phone is in mint condition.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know what you're talking about, but I've not had that problem with mine (day one purchase). Maybe you got a bad one? ...

It did it on the red one I had on the gold 5S's I had too...maybe I'm just being overly anal about it, but it was enough to make me search out another case (when I bought the Spigen case pictured above).

I also noticed a few other issues with the leather case...

- When propping the phone between my cheek and shoulder (talking on the phone while doing something else), people said they couldn't hear me talking at all or that my voice was very faint. This hasn't happened at all with the Spigen case (my guess because of the open design around the mic vs. Apple's little holes).
- Some 3.5mm headphones jacks would not fully engage the input and would cause crackling and audio distortion from playback...I found this to happen with my friends tape adapter in his old truck and the headphones we rented on a delta flight (tried them out of curiosity more than anything).

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the otterbox defender for the 5s and I must say they are a very well designed case. I've made fun of friends who had them in the past because they looked ugly but now that I have tried this out I'm kind of liking it.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
no case at all

iphone isnt made for a big bulky ugly case

if i ever use a case, i'll use the leather apple one
or if i'm outside I use a life proof so it won't get water damaged

but 98.9% of the time its naked

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
no case at all

iphone isnt made for a big bulky ugly case

if i ever use a case, i'll use the leather apple one
or if i'm outside I use a life proof so it won't get water damaged

but 98.9% of the time its naked

I have to use cases. I can't imagine how I can keep my phones blemish-free without one.

Life Proof Fre
Speck Candy Shell
Mall kiosk Special

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro