Would it be stupid to jailbreak my 5S solely for the biteSms app?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I jailbreak just to get the Pandora hack.

Some people jailbreak just to change the carrier logo.

I knew there was a member here who did it for one tweak. I remember reading your Pandora tweak in another thread but I couldn't remember your user name.

To the OP - if you hate the JB, you can always go back to stock. It's not like you got a hideous mistake of a tattoo that the guy on Bad Ink will have to cover up. :)

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
To the OP - if you hate the JB, you can always go back to stock. It's not like you got a hideous mistake of a tattoo that the guy on Bad Ink will have to cover up. :)

How do I go back to stock if I wanted to? I will probably stay jail broken until iOS 7.1 releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only tweak I ever actually truly loved 100% was 5 icon dock...and that was because, to me, the space looked better filled with 5 icons. It was never enough to make me want to risk stability on my device to have, but when the JB's used to be perfectly stable and clean, I didn't hesitate to do it simply for that customization (sometimes I'd dabble with other things but that was the primary).

I tend to agree though, if I need to get into the iPhone as deeply as many of the people who then complain about wonky performance do...I might as well go get another device that natively allows the kinds of things that you can only do on JB's (or allows a user to do it easier than waiting for a proper JB).

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
How do I go back to stock if I wanted to? I will probably stay jail broken until iOS 7.1 releases.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I tend to agree though, if I need to get into the iPhone as deeply as many of the people who then complain about wonky performance do...I might as well go get another device that natively allows the kinds of things that you can only do on JB's (or allows a user to do it easier than waiting for a proper JB).

What's wring with the current jail break? I'm asking because you said proper jailbreak.

I BEN I

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
What's wring with the current jail break? I'm asking because you said proper jailbreak.

Many of the tweeks that are in cydia are not designed for ios7 or the iPhone 5/5s. So people apply these tweeks and then complain because the modification doesn't work, or work properly etc etc...

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Not at all. i've been pondering doing the exact same thing but jailbreaks are too far apart these days

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

They used to have jailbreaks follow the firmware blow for blow...now, jailbreaks are released and "updated" far less commonly. This jailbreak felt rushed (though by the time frame it wasn't at all), it felt unstable and it seems to have A LOT of bugs and incompatibilities that just weren't present back in the day before the main JB'ers kind of fizzled in their focus. I know it's not easy to make these things happen easily these days with the new firmwares, but the negatives seem to outweigh the positives (to me anyways).

Also, to be honest, the iPhone pretty much DOES the things many people used to jailbreak for...and it does them natively now. So much of the hype around jailbreaking has been answered by native functionality on the iPhone in my opinion, so why risk the stability?

I still think its an awesome option for those who want it, but I don't think the recent jailbreaks are even a glimmer of what they used to be, nor are they as useful.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
biteSMS is the only reason i jailbreak, every time.

so yeah... its not stupid to jailbreak just for that app

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Is Bridge and Protube good to have and is it safe to use without messing up the iPhone 5s?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner