Will you upgrade from the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's going to be hard to resist a new iPhone...for me, even if budget constraints are going to cause problems for me.

I am going to be using a contract upgrade, most likely.

I really, REALLY want a 6c. My heart hurts at the thought that they'll all be aluminum. If it was glass coated I'd be okay too...

*Sighs*

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I will. I'll trade in my iPhone 5s and iPad Air to either Apple or Verizon and pay the difference. I also might get the iPad Air 2, but I'm not sure. I hope to get the 5.5" version, but if it doesn't come out until after November, then I might get the 4.7" version or a Galaxy Note 4. I'm itching for a phone bigger than 5.5".

Also, if my MBP needs to be replaced, then I'll get just one new device (4.7" or 5.5" iPhone 6 or Galaxy Note 4) and I'll trade in my iPad Air and iPhone 5s and pay the difference. The iPad Air is my first iPad, while my iPhone 5s is my third smartphone. I don't use my iPad Air as much as I thought I would, especially the cellular capabilities, since I use my iPhone 5s the most.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Not me. I'm pretty happy with the '5' form factor, plus I already have the features I need. Maybe the 6s, but not the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would jump at a 5.5" iphone and still might, but honestly I think a 4.7-4.8" iphone would be ideal for my daily needs combined with my iPad mini Retina. Currently using a Note 3 and honestly the 5.7" screen is huge and not what I want, but storage and battery size were key for my temporary phone needs. Verizon Edge, trading in Note 3 in 4 months to get iPhone 6.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 is bigger and taller or same height as the HTC One M8, nope. I think the likes of the SGS5 and M8 are getting on the big side for one handed use. More importantly the height. Even the iPhone 5s seems a little stretch to get to the top of the device (using one hand)...

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
More than likely, yes. The only two reasons that I would not are: if it has a significantly larger screen (nothing bigger than 4.5") or if it has a blinky LED notification light. If either of those turn out to be true, I will pass. We?ll have to wait and see.

I'm looking forward to a 4.7" screen and, being a LONG TIME BlackBerry user, I hope for the "blinky LED" notification. Being notified of an incoming message it the ONLY thing that I miss from my BB.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
To consider it would have to have a bigger screen. The ability to answer calls via voice while driving and automatically go to speaker phone like on my X would be helpful also.

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I will eventually, but I just got a 5S in April and I wanna wait awhile after the 6 comes out since it'll almost surely be riddled with software and hardware bugs in the first months like the 5 and 5S have been.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I will eventually, but I just got a 5S in April and I wanna wait awhile after the 6 comes out since it'll almost surely be riddled with software and hardware bugs in the first months like the 5 and 5S have been.

That's a slight over statement when you say the devices where riddled with bugs maybe a random issue or two

sc00bz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I got a 5 at launch as well as a 5s (shortly after launch). Being as happy as I have been with my 5s, I can't say yes or no. I've had it longer than any of my last 5 phones and still dig it quite a bit. The battery life is awesome, it flat out works and does exactly what I want it to. Heck, I burned through almost 7 gigs of data on it this past month. Being a 32 gig model (and me not needing near that much space), if I like what I see with the 6, I very well may see if I can sell it for enough to almost cover the lowest capacity 6 (within a couple hundred bones). If I don't like what I see, I'll wait for a 6s.

The other big factors are I'm currently saving for a first house purchase and have a decent bit to pay off on a credit card due to some upgrades to one of my other hobbies outside of mobile devices (my Jeep). :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
i just got the 5s on january, so most likely i am not gonna get it. but maybe the 6s, i think i am going to like the s models. i am still enjoying and loving the 5s! i dont mind keeping it for a year and a half :)

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I got so many other things to do with my money but it's very tempting my 5s is working great can't believe I almost used up 32 gigs !!

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro