Will you upgrade from the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I know. My contract will be up by the time 6S comes out. I'm happy with the 5S for now.

I'm done with contracts. The iPhone, generally speaking, has the best resale value of any smartphone out there. I can sell my 5S and buy the 6 at retail pricing with the difference being buying the 6 with a contract........ except I wont have a contract. And you will. :raised-eyebrow:

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yup, it's a day 1 purchase for me. I love T-Mobile's JUMP! feature. I just purchased a 5S and I'm eligible to upgrade in May.

iFuerza

Banned
May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi fokes, I had and iPhone 5 that went out under my 2 year contact. The Apple store gave me a decent deal on an iPhone 5s upgrade. I didn't want to do Verizon Edge at the time but ended up doing it anyway when my wife's iPhone 5 started acting up.

iPhone 5 left a really bad taste in my mouth about changes in iPhone Products. As much as I want a 4.7 inch screen (love the HTC One screen size) I don't think I would jump back into a new product.

I think I'll sit out iPhone 6 till 6s comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I think I may wait until the iPhone 6S.
1. I can't really afford it (full-time college student) even though I have JUMP! from T-Mobile
2. I'm tired of upgrading to every phone LOL. As long as the phone lets me keep in contact with people without any issues.
3. I think iOS 8 will be excellent on the 5S until I wait for the 6S (or whatever it will be called).

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I will for sure. I want the bigger screen. Plus I upgrade every yr anyway so lol....

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I will be upgrading from the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6. Now that I have the iPad Mini I will get the 4.7 inch model and not the 5.5 inch model.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I told myself I wouldn't but than one of my lines on my at&t account is eligible for the next program so I'm taking the opportunity to get the new iPhone 6 definitely. was just going to stick it with the 5s until the 6s but the new bigger screen has me thinking otherwise it'll be nice to compete with all my android friends. a lot of them are planning on switching to the 6 because apple is finally coming out with a big screen.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Apple fanboy - had all the models of the iPhone since 2007 so probably will get this one too...

I hear a lot of people asking for more battery juice, but with bigger screen and more sensors we might just get the same amount of juice even with a bigger better battery. Probably increase the stand by time by hours but operating time will be the same. Let's wait and watch!

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am no Apple Fanboy but have had every model of the iPhone, except the 5c, since they started and will most likely continue to try them out. I rarely stay on the same phone for more than 6 months because I like to have the most recent phone, yes it can get costly. But I do love trying everything out.

I want to go back to Windows Phone sometime this year. I don't know about going back to Android. Too much junk software installed and am done rooting phones. I want updates and to get them in a timely manner I have to stay with iPhone and possibly Windows Phone.

I think the 4.7 inch iPhone will be exactly what I need and might slow me down from upgrading so often.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So I just picked up an iphone 5s yesterday, 64GB on the Verizon Edge program with the sole plan of trading it in once the iphone 6 comes out. Then I will be on a yearly upgrade cycle with Apple & Verizon and it won't cost me anything yearly. I get a $25 credit and pay $35.41 so really I am paying $10.41 each month for an iphone that I can keep at the end if I want but will just trade in.

I had a mophie Space Pack but took it back once I decided I wouldn't keep this more than 4 months, no sense is tossing $145 out the window (corp discount) on the case. I expect Mophie will offer new Space Packs in the fall with the new phones. Unless we get a 128GB iphone, do we think that will finally happen?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's going to be hard to resist a new iPhone...for me, even if budget constraints are going to cause problems for me.

I am going to be using a contract upgrade, most likely.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2