Will you upgrade from the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I have two lines on my AT&T account with one contract up every year so I get a new iPhone every Fall. Hoping for a bigger screen and better battery life (I want to go a solid day without even having to think about plugging in).

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I have two lines on my AT&T account with one contract up every year so I get a new iPhone every Fall. Hoping for a bigger screen and better battery life (I want to go a solid day without even having to think about plugging in).

If you have 2 phones, like me, don't you already have that ability?

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No idea, depends how much bigger they make it (I already think its too big) and what features they put on it.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that makes me believe that I wouldn't need to upgrade to the new iPhone 6 or whatever its going to be called is the fact that I use my iPhone sparingly now. I generally use my iPad for multimedia purposes and just my iPhone when I'm away from home or on the go. An upgrade really wouldn't do much for me. I may just upgrade because I have an upgrade available, but it wouldn't matter much, because I would still use my iPad for most of the fun things. Also, is the reason why I'm not hard pressed for a bigger screen, because I really don't need one. Currently, I have the iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina, and iPad Air. I believe that I am thoroughly covered.

LowRentTechGuy

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I will if it actually moves up to the 4.7 inch screen like the Galaxy S 3, that was a decent sized phone honestly. I just got the 5s and I would consider buying a new one if the screen size is worth it. I am not a fan of the 4 inch tall screen of the 5 and 5s personally.

Delroy Nedd1

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well for me it's all about if I'm able to afford it at the time it comes out. But if you go by my iPhone history you would think that I carefully plan and wait for each "s" version to come out. But that's just me being able to afford it at the time. Lol #teamapple

Donnie Smith

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind a slightly bigger screen, but if it's the size of a Galaxy S4, then no i'll keep my 5s. I like the size of the 5s it's pretty much perfect and easy to manage when multitasking

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The day the 5S was announced, I came on here and said I wouldn't be upgrading from the iPhone 5. I went out and got a 5S in October, anyway. So, yeah, I'll probably get the iPhone 6 even if I say out of the gate that I won't.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I bet that if the iPhone 6 is EXACTLY the same size as the Galaxy S4 those that said "Ney" before would be saying "Yea" once they saw Apple's version of a larger phone. It think it depends a lot on weight and how the phone is optimized to be used with, say, a larger 5" screen. Say, you could shrink the whole UI down to iPhone 5-size or less on demand with a gesture. That would solve the one-handed use thing for those that wanted that and it doesn't seem like it'd be hard to implement. Say the iPhone 6 only weighed as much as a 5C? Say the iPhone 6 had a nearly scratch-proof sapphire front and rear. These things wouldn't please everyone but they'd please whole heck of a lot of people that don't think they want a bigger iPhone now me thinks.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
More than likely yes. However, just like any other product, Apple will have to earn my business. I will look at the iphone 6 and its competition and will determine what I want the most. I am not going to blindly commit to upgrading to the iphone 6.

Well stated.

The box said "requires Windows XP or better". So I got a Mac.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
LOL, I don't carry two iPhones ... one is my sons. I need ONE iPhone to last a solid day and I don't think that is asking too much of Apple...

Yeah, I guess it depends on usage but but a higher capacity battery would be welcomed if it would not make the phone too thick or too much heavier than, say, a 5c. I don't really want an iPhone that weighs as much as a 5s with a Mophie on it.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Probably. It will be a substantial upgrade over my iPhone 5, but I won't know for sure until I see what the iPhone 6 is all about.

Main concerns are how big it is, and what develops in the Android world in the next 7-8 months.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
More than likely, yes. The only two reasons that I would not are: if it has a significantly larger screen (nothing bigger than 4.5") or if it has a blinky LED notification light. If either of those turn out to be true, I will pass. We’ll have to wait and see.

MatttMN

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
5S is best phone I've ever had, very happy with it after a couple Androids. That said, if I can somehow sell it and get a 4.5 - 5" screen for $100 or so out of pocket, I'm definitely all over that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2