Is there a app similar to Dropbox or is Dropbox the best to use ?

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Dropbox and Box. The only difference between them for me so far has been how many apps have dropbox connectivity.

Same here. I use Dropbox primarily, but I limit my storage to documents so the small storage is a non-issue. I like Google Drive but there are some weird interactions with certain document types (something to do with Google's format or something). I have secured a 50GB Box account as well but have not dived into it at this time.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see your original question answered about Dropbox deleting files. My Dropbox storage expired and my files were not deleted. I could not upload any more files, but my existing ones were still there.

I prefer Dropbox over the others, mostly because of the unlimited file size (compared to box) and integration with a ton of different apps.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I use Dropbox primarily, but I limit my storage to documents so the small storage is a non-issue. I like Google Drive but there are some weird interactions with certain document types (something to do with Google's format or something). I have secured a 50GB Box account as well but have not dived into it at this time.

Not sure what interactions you mean. But what I found strange in GD, is when I save photos.
If I crop a photo in my camera roll, it somehow does not get saved in Drive the same way.
The original photo appears as though I never cropped it.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what interactions you mean. But what I found strange in GD, is when I save photos.
If I crop a photo in my camera roll, it somehow does not get saved in Drive the same way.
The original photo appears as though I never cropped it.

That's Apple's non-destructive editing at work

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
That's Apple's non-destructive editing at work

I figured that once I saved directly to Drive from my PC.
I think the issue is the interaction between the Drive app and IOS.
I experimented with Dropbox and Box. And the issue is non existent only with Dropbox.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am prejudice....I am a dropbpx person all the way. It does way too much and integrated into too many of my apps that I use daily that I can upload to dropbox to free space or keep safe.

Same here. I pay for extra but everytime I upload more or link something else to it I get more space. I use it for my business so I don't have plans to get rid of it, but I use it as a phone camera backup.

Zug3349

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Dropbox but just for small things, I have Bitcasa which I use to auto-upload photos. Flickr as well, but the auto-upload is less reliable than Bitcasa.
Also BOX (50GB) and Copy.com (40GB thanks to some referrals) for other stuff.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
have files scattered over dropbox, skydrive/onedrive and Google drive. Will probably consolidate into Drive just because the layout is great and you can toggle between accounts. Being a sole proprietor/small business owner I love that Google now allows you to jump between accounts from one dialog box so I have one for personal and another for work. Plus 5GB is better. MS does give you an extra 2GB allowance if you sync your cell phone pictures to onedrive so that's my free android photo gallery in addition to g+.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2