Disappointed in iPhone 5s

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
LOL. Well, I have absolutely no interest in participating in car forums. I'm a Japanese and German car fan (as far as what I would/could actually purchase). I'm sure that'd not sit well with the Ford/Chevy lov'n good 'ole boys.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
100% agree.

Try speaking logic between Ford and Chevy fans...Harley and japanese bike owners...Honda and...anyone else, LOL! The smart phone wars are more skirmishes in comparison.

It would be interesting to read the back and forth, however, it wouldn't affect me much because purchasing a vehicle is something I wouldn't do but every 10 years if everything goes well.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
It would be interesting to read the back and forth, however, it wouldn't affect me much because purchasing a vehicle is something I wouldn't do but every 10 years if everything goes well.

If I could get away with it I'd purchase a vehicle every year. I had a father who changed cars like people change socks. So that desire kinda rubbed off on me. I have a lot more freedom with technology though. Yea!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's horrible man, lol...you've seen some of the annoying, redundant bickering here about smart phones? Multiply that by about a million...and add to it the fact that cars have been around so long, you have the closed minded loyalists that go back for generations...at least our situations is less than a decade old now, haha!

If I could get away with it I'd purchase a vehicle every year. I had a father who changed cars like people change socks. So that desire kinda rubbed off on me. I have a lot more freedom with technology though. Yea!

That's me too...lol. I rarely keep a car more than 2-3 years at most...I just get bored, but they just aren't as swappable as an iPhone is, haha.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Is it not enough that they like their phone? Why do other people need to feel that my phone is the best? People don't do this as much when buying cars, and as you've noted previously, that's typically a more significant purchase.

I only wish this was my issue. Instead of wanting other people to agree that my phone is the best I can't even decide which phone I think is best. I'm typing this on a 5s while I compare it to a HTC 8x. I have a Nokia 1520 at home and I'm not opposed to picking up a new Android in the near future. Too many devices for one phone number.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I only wish this was my issue. Instead of wanting other people to agree that my phone is the best I can't even decide which phone I think is best. I'm typing this on a 5s while I compare it to a HTC 8x. I have a Nokia 1520 at home and I'm not opposed to picking up a new Android in the near future. Too many devices for one phone number.

Hey, its cheaper than cars. Right? Right?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey, its cheaper than cars. Right? Right?

My coworker buys cars like I buy phones. He lives with his family and is way more lucky than most.

However, I'm pretty lucky too. Perhaps not always in money but there are many ways to be rich!

And I'm still loving my 5s.

Sent from my something or another on Tapatalk.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
^ Right on! ...and after the letdown the the S5 is to me, I'm even more happy with my 5s'.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That s5... My gosh they blew it rushing into release like that. I'm so unimpressed it hurts. I use to be such a huge Samsung fan too...

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
That s5... My gosh they blew it rushing into release like that. I'm so unimpressed it hurts. I use to be such a huge Samsung fan too...

Maybe they're saving all the goods for the Note 4. Regardless the s5 will sell like hotecakes I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Samsung really blew it with the S5. Incrementalism at its finest.

I think that it is about the same upgrade from the S3 to the S4. I still don't know why people think that these smartphone manufacturers are going to make huge strides year over year. The S5 is exactly what it's supposed to be, a marginal upgrade over last year's model. I don't expect any of the new smartphones this year to be substantially better than anything that came out last year.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think that it is about the same upgrade from the S3 to the S4. I still don't know why people think that these smartphone manufacturers are going to make huge strides year over year. The S5 is exactly what it's supposed to be, a marginal upgrade over last year's model. I don't expect any of the new smartphones this year to be substantially better than anything that came out last year.

I'm not liking the puckered back. Looks...well...the design language looks cheap.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, the s5 has a snapdragon 800. I had that on 3 phones last year.

The software may not need a processor any stronger than the 800. I wonder if we are going to start seeing a slowdown in hardware? Smartphones and tablets are already really fast and capable of so many things. Hard to imagine smartphones getting that much faster. I already believe that we have reached the optimal potential of screen resolution for smartphones. Anything more than 1080p seems to be unnecessary. I don't see smartphone screen sizes getting much larger without having an adverse effect on tablet sales. The only areas where I see there is room for improvement are in battery life and cameras.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2