Disappointed in iPhone 5s

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the iPhone 6 is going to be all that over the 5s, even if it sports a bigger screen. The 5 wasn't all that over the 4s. Okay sarcasm over.

The 5s is the biggest upgrade ever of one iPhone model to the next. One can dismiss the upgrade as irrelevant, in the same way the iPhone 6 upgrade can/will be dismissed as irrelevant over the 5s.

Much ground breaking technology was introduced in the 5s, which will be refined in the 6. Tick, tock. Apple's strategy is the same as Intel's.

The success of the real groundbreaking user upgrades along with the chipset updates will have competitors scrambling to catch up.

I'm guessing the 6 will be a huge leap and hopefully more than just screen. The 3GS to 4 was big, the 4 to 5, not so much, so Apple is about due to make a bigger splash.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the 6 will be a huge leap and hopefully more than just screen. The 3GS to 4 was big, the 4 to 5, not so much, so Apple is about due to make a bigger splash.

We'll see. I think, 5 to 6 big update. In the vein of other thoughts on this forum, 5s to 6 not so much. It's gonna have to be more than a slightly bigger screen with more resolution. That would be a minor upgrade. :)

Apple has already done the 64 bit thing, so that's out. If it's compelling enough, I will upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey seanhrcc, ok I think my opinion is pretty well researched not only through well being in the industry myself but because Heck I have to research this stuff for a living, but hey don't take my word for it I think another poster presented a really well thought out article that examined this very question.

Mobile phone evolution: Story of shapes and sizes - GSMArena.com

So...you're implying your opinion is some how more relevant than another persons? LMFAO! I'm done with you.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So...you're implying your opinion is some how more relevant than another persons? LMFAO! I'm done with you.

When an opposing view is posted isn't that taken by default that the opposing viewpoint is more relevant?

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
When an opposing view is posted isn't that taken by default that the opposing viewpoint is more relevant?

I think an opposing view independent researched and supported assertions. Is more relevant, I'm just saying I asked him not to take my opinion on it but to go through an article that examines the history of cell phone form and function. Ironically, if he had bothered to read the article , he would have found plenty of corroborating evidence to support his claims. Especially, the fact while touch screen phone slab format had been selling since the early 90s with increasing growth each year, the apple iphone was a game changer in that the sales while showing steady growth since the 90s, more than doubled after 2007, to become the dominate form factor in 2010. While Id still argue the trend was happening regardless the iphone certainly hastened the process. And while the original iphone lacked much in function it made up for it in form , being considered one of the most stylish phones on the market at the time, and ease of use was the best to date in this form.

But he didn't bother reading the article which dedicated a whole section to the iphone. Oh well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Opinions are one thing...if acadia11's opinion was all of the things he is representing (and he represented it as such when discussing it), you wouldn't hear a peep from me, because we're all entitled to have whatever opinion we want (even if others disagree)...problem is, the guy/gal tries to represent these thoughts as more factual based because they have "independent research" and apparently have examined these things more "thoroughly". I could go out and rent a car today, drive it for a a few hours and consider that "independent research"...I could represent my opinion as something more thorough and feel entitled to more respect for what I'm saying...doesn't mean that any of it means jack squat because it is, in fact, opinion.

In the end, we have a small group of members that like to try and MAKE people see their "logic" on things. Nobody asked for him to qualify anything regarding the iPhone, nobody asked him to give his "independent research" results in relation to the iPhone (or any Apple device really), but he clamors on and on about how it needs to be respected. To be honest, the posts these people make might as well be **** *** **** ***** ******** ******* *** ($*#%&(#*&$%(*&#$(*%&(*&#$% because that is about all they amount to.

I mean when you go to someone's house that you've just met and you don't know the company well...and you automatically start negatively reflecting on what they've built or what they like or what they prefer...do you really think they're just going to sit around and be like "You know, you're right, thanks for pointing that out!" I mean come on...you'd get the eat sh*t and die look and nobody would want anything to do with you within the community, even as small as conversation. It's the same thing here...but these people, as obvious as their agenda is here, keep requesting respect for their negative thoughts on whatever.

Personally, I just think it's funny to get them riled up and posting novels about non-sense.

And no...I didn't read the article. I didn't need to, and you can go back and see that what I was saying he wasn't even arguing really, he just wanted to be stand offish with me because that is what he felt he needed to do, but then he would address things other people said and direct them towards me...why he did it? I still have no clue honestly. And you can see from his last post that the article he posted apparently even supported my claims, so I mean I don't waste my time reading redundancies for fun...why would I start now?

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Seanhrcc, do you have the abridged version of that novel? I mean weren't you just talking about losing people. We we're talking about the history of cell phones ... But now we've veered off into homes, opinions, the etiquette of company, .... Please let me know when you re ready to talk about apple products and iphone , after all this is iMore forums ;)

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
qara8apy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Seanhrcc, do you have the abridged version of that novel? I mean weren't you just talking about losing people. We we're talking about the history of cell phones ... But now we've veered off into homes, opinions, the etiquette of company, .... Please let me know when you re ready to talk about apple products and iphone , after all this is iMore forums ;)

You say that, but you know you read it, and you read every word...lol.

I'm always ready to talk about iPhones and Apple products...and I'm always ready to correct you when you try to pass off opinions as facts. Let me know when you're ready to step off that "well researched" high horse of yours and can discuss the products without your odd desire to try and "teach" people something.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You say that, but you know you read it, and you read every word...lol.

I'm always ready to talk about iPhones and Apple products...and I'm always ready to correct you when you try to pass off opinions as facts. Let me know when you're ready to step off that "well researched" high horse of yours and can discuss the products without your odd desire to try and "teach" people something.

Last word! You win :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry wasn't exclusive, got a while there they were #1 in the smartphone space, people forget this? Much larger than iPhones placing, mobile email hands down is blackberry bread and butter, and they still gave quite a large margin terms of actual features in this space. Remember the first iphone was 600 and that was on contract.

Apple brought its desktop experience to mobile OS, is one wrong, that's not what they did at all, and it's been overtime you seem some convergence but not in the way you are describing, it's rather an integration where by your mobile device compliments your desktop, the initial phone isn't remotely close to the form and function you see now, and the reason why it's happened has far more to do with capabilities of hardware to be low power consumption and far more powerful.

My point about the razr was its form, thin and large screen, again small lcds becoming cheaper . Which is the trend you see in phones today.thin , large screen this is natural progression.

Windows convergence started well before iphone with their tablets early in the 2000s. And Mac OS and iOS are entirely different beast, what Apple recognized is in fact they could not simply move Mac OS to the mobile space, and better to build a new OS, that recognizes one glaring point, your finger isn't precise like a mouse. The mistake MS made was they tried to shoehorn windows into the mobile space. I think this was apples actual genius, they didn't try to bring the desktop to mobile device, because you can not interact or don't at all interface with your desktop the way you do your mobile device.

When the market was 40 million smartphones a year?

Apple sold 50 million+ last quarter alone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You must not have a 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I'm replying from the 5s I've had since release month.

I also own several android devices. All have their pros and cons. But the 5s is not a huge improvement over the 5...which I traded in to cover the costs of the 5s. Sometimes we can be blinded by our allegiance. I'm just being honest to myself and my observations.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

I also own several android devices. All have their pros and cons. But the 5s is not a huge improvement over the 5...which I traded in to cover the costs of the 5s. Sometimes we can be blinded by our allegiance. I'm just being honest to myself and my observations.

As an outsider with no allegiance, the 5s was the biggest iPhone upgrade ever. The 6 won't be as big an upgrade. Having said that big upgrades do not guarantee happiness and people have their own barometers. The finger print reader is easily the usability improvement of the year, those who dismiss it are short sided to the bigger picture.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I pledge allegiance to no OS. Since last August I've had 3 androids, 2 WPs and a 5s. Today is likely to be my last day, at least for a while, using an iPhone. I have a new WP arriving today.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2