Disappointed in iPhone 5s

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As this is my first iPhone, I'm not the least bit dissappointed (except for that bottom dock). I would take it over my current and previous devices any day of the week ...SMILE

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'm about to see if I'm disappointed or not...

5a4yjyre.jpg

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't see how you could possibly be disappointed. You have the best phone in the best colour.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
This is my 1st ios phone..nope..not dissapointed at all..i do admit mine note 3 which i still keep it is awesome..but overall, with all that awesome feature samsung put in it had become just a gimmick feature to me..im not use it much..im better off with ios which have just what i want as my daily driver..😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
This is my 1st ios phone..nope..not dissapointed at all..i do admit mine note 3 which i still keep it is awesome..but overall, with all that awesome feature samsung put in it had become just a gimmick feature to me..im not use it much..im better off with ios which have just what i want as my daily driver..😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could never really live without my Note 3. However, I'm happy to be part of both ecosystems.

Sent from something awesome using Tapatalk.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
In what was is the 64 bit chip relevant other than because Apple told you it was? The phone is nearing 6 months old and I haven't seen a single use for its inclusion. And the iPhone 6 will be released in the next 6 months. So where is this future you speak of? Let's be honest. The OP is right. The 5s is a great phone. But coming from a 5 I personally don't see a huge improvement. Sure the slow mo camera is cool...but does it require a whole new phone? No. Same with the touch ID that only has 2 uses.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Just because a car has more horsepower than a person would remotely use in the real world doesn't mean the power is useless. The same logic can be applied here.

Are you going to purchase a new car soley based on its inclusion of horse power that you will never use?? Seems silly if so.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you going to purchase a new car soley based on its inclusion of horse power that you will never use?? Seems silly if so.

The fp reader is the single best update of all time. Apple said it needed 64 bits for this feature. 64 bit registers provide a needed computational update, which IMO is why there are some 5s specific features. The iPhone 5s also blows the doors off of some quad core phones in certain benchmarks. Apple must have some rational behind this upgrade even if it is not for you.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with the 5s having a 64-bit CPU and FP reader. Samsung needs things to copy.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with the 5s having a 64-bit CPU and FP reader. Samsung needs things to copy.

Honestly, I think all companies tend to copy each other. It's hard to really be as innovative as everyone wants when there are patent wars and CEO budgets. If you really pick and pull apart smartphones now a days, there is always going to be similarities.

I love both my Samsung and Apple phones. I think if they stay at war, they'll both be forced to continue to compete. This may bring about a little more innovatively competitive spirit!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
In what was is the 64 bit chip relevant other than because Apple told you it was? The phone is nearing 6 months old and I haven't seen a single use for its inclusion. And the iPhone 6 will be released in the next 6 months. So where is this future you speak of? Let's be honest. The OP is right. The 5s is a great phone. But coming from a 5 I personally don't see a huge improvement. Sure the slow mo camera is cool...but does it require a whole new phone? No. Same with the touch ID that only has 2 uses.

You must not have a 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I find it comical when people talk about who copied who in the smartphone world. Sure, they all do it but Apple is the only company that can claim that they single handedly revolutionized the cellular phone industry. Before the first iPhone was released there was nothing like it. Apple didn't copy anything or anybody with that design. Both the hardware and the os were revolutionary. The standard b4 the iPhone was the blackberry style. Apple invented the touchscreen slab. Everything since then has been someone copying someone else.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You must not have a 5s.

I wish I had a black iPhone 5 in absolutely OEMs-sealed new condition. I'd love to be able to compare its performance with my 5s'. I know my wife's iPhone 4 is very slow...painfully slow. I have a lot of respect for the fact she can tolerate using it. One day the 5 will be as slow and a lot of folks will be wishing they at least had a 5s with a 64-bit CPU.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I find it comical when people talk about who copied who in the smartphone world. Sure, they all do it but Apple is the only company that can claim that they single handedly revolutionized the cellular phone industry. Before the first iPhone was released there was nothing like it. Apple didn't copy anything or anybody with that design. Both the hardware and the os were revolutionary. The standard b4 the iPhone was the blackberry style. Apple invented the touchscreen slab. Everything since then has been someone copying someone else.

Very true. Why was Samsung, Palm, HTC, LG, or Motorola not first with this design?

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm just saying that in a lot of cases there was someone else first and the idea was modified for something else.

I'm not hating on them, I just think all companies get their ideas from somewhere....

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm just saying that in a lot of cases there was someone else first and the idea was modified for something else.

I'm not hating on them, I just think all companies get their ideas from somewhere....

Very true. That's innovation. Modifying something that was already invented and improving on its use. Apple just improved on the use touchscreen in a mobile device.
Same with Touch ID a improvement in the use of finger print scanning.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2