Disappointed in iPhone 5s

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
First of all, there's no blind lust. I don't buy Apple products just because its made my Apple. I buy them because they work for my lifestyle and if you read my previous post, I said I believed they do hold on to features. Secondly, I never said LTE, NFC & MMS are gimmicky nor are they Samsung exclusive features. I specifically said Samsung, which is only one of the many companies that manufacture Android devices!!! I came from Android and I still love what the OS has to offer but SAMSUNG, IMO, uses gimmicks (Air Gestures, Smart Scroll...etc) to sell devices. They'll get used in the first few days or weeks, then they get turned off! You always get your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you. Its a forum and people post their opinions...get over it!!! Not everyone is biased!

I'm a grown axx man I don't wear panties, so they certainly don't get bunched!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Why must every single person who defends their opinions somehow draws the worse out of the other parties? Why can't everyone just accept that different people view tech differently? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Why must every single person who defends their opinions somehow draws the worse out of the other parties? Why can't everyone just accept that different people view tech differently? Lol

Where's the fun in that?

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My idea of fun is playing games on the PS4 or something like that, Thank you..

Yeah, I see that but a lot of the youngsters come to these forums to argue. I guess that releases some tension or something.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I see that but a lot of the youngsters come to these forums to argue. I uses that releases some tension or something.

It's the anonymity of online. Where most people aren't generally running around starting fights outside the internet, they can easily do it here. Opinions are the only thing we really know each other by in a forum...

I'm holding myself in control. I'm on the verge of spending more money to get a 5s (Which I absolutely, positively, don't need).

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing wrong in being disappointed in a device that you purchase but you gotta do research on it before you buy. Wait a few weeks after initial release to see what the reviews are.

Try to make a decision in the 14 day return period. Especially if you drop $800 plus on a something or even if you do a contract.
If you go outside the return window live with your decision.

Initially try to make the best choice for what you need and like to do with a mobile device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Because we have certain members on this website that, instead of logically and factually discussing Apple related news and topics, decide to spout off about whatever negative thing they can find, even if it isn't true or remotely relevant.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Because we have certain members on this website that, instead of logically and factually discussing Apple related news and topics, decide to spout off about whatever negative thing they can find, even if it isn't true or remotely relevant.

That's unfortunate.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
It's the anonymity of online. Where most people aren't generally running around starting fights outside the internet, they can easily do it here. Opinions are the only thing we really know each other by in a forum...

I'm holding myself in control. I'm on the verge of spending more money to get a 5s (Which I absolutely, positively, don't need).

Go ahead, get one!! You know you want one. It'll be so sleek, so fast and so new and shiny;)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Get an iPad Air instead

I just don't have time to use tablets/iPads. I'm generally always at work. That's probably why I'm eyeing the 5s, since I sell them, they are always right there in my face.... I lasted 4 days before getting the 5c. Let's see what happens.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I just don't have time to use tablets/iPads. I'm generally always at work. That's probably why I'm eyeing the 5s, since I sell them, they are always right there in my face.... I lasted 4 days before getting the 5c. Let's see what happens.

Go with a silver or space grey 5s. No reason to fight it any longer. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've read that some people don't keep or keep access to any personal or sensitive data on their phones. So, perhaps the OP is in that category.

But if you lose your phone or someone steals it they can very easily use it. I take some comfort in knowing that if my phone falls into the wrong hands it'll at least be next to impossible for them to use it.

As for the OP, you knew it was an incremental upgrade. I skipped the 5S and will probably skip all S upgrades in the future. I've not used the 5S but I feel like a lot of it now is just marketing and hype from Apple (or Apple focused blogs, etc), not really something the average user would really want or need or miss if they didn't have it. My guess is you're more mad at yourself for falling victim to the hype. :)

Johnly

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So the 5s (or the s models) are the best versions right? So upgrading every s year or four always gets you the best iteration right? All reality, it is so dang good to be back on iOS! No matter what the version :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods