Disappointed in iPhone 5s

jaywill27

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the iPhone 5 and sold it got a nexus 5 for awhile and sold it too. For the same price I bought it! Then finally got an iPhone 5s and love it so much only because of touch ID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Motorola has top tier LTE radios, always have since the Droid Razr to the Droid Maxx.. Send a MMS while talking on the Phone at the same exact time? iPhone still cant do that.

Cause those android phones have a second antenna to do so.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You can do voice and data on a ATT iPhone. The voice rolls back to 3G or edge on the GSM network. On a CDMA network the iPhone can't do this roll back. All the iPhones have 2 antennas for better reception. If the CDMA iPhones had 3 antennas that would be a manufacturing issue. In a few years maybe sooner than later there will be voice over LTE so this won't be issue.
When I had a ATT iPhone it wasn't a big deal doing voice and data at the same time. Now I have a Sprint iPhone I don't miss it at all.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You can do voice and data on a ATT iPhone. The voice rolls back to 3G or edge on the GSM network. On a CDMA network the iPhone can't do this roll back. All the iPhones have 2 antennas for better reception. If the CDMA iPhones had 3 antennas that would be a manufacturing issue. In a few years maybe sooner than later there will be voice over LTE so this won't be issue.
When I had a ATT iPhone it wasn't a big deal doing voice and data at the same time. Now I have a Sprint iPhone I don't miss it at all.

Correct answer GsM based iPhones can do messaging and voice at the same.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Motorola has top tier LTE radios, always have since the Droid Razr to the Droid Maxx.. Send a MMS while talking on the Phone at the same exact time? iPhone still cant do that.

The LTE radio in the original Droid RAZR isn't really that great. That phone, I think, was released around the same time frame as the 4S.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
the 4S is a 3G phone. they don't compare

Not in that aspect. The other person was saying that Apple held off on bringing LTE to the iPhone until the iPhone 5 to have that feature in their back pocket while everyone else was releasing LTE phones. Since 2011 was pretty much the year manufacturers started releasing them and Apple didn't, that's why I reference that time. To further my point that Apple didn't necessarily hold off on putting LTE on the iPhone so they could use it for marketing on the next release. It was simply because it wasn't ready for prime time (the LTE radios).

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I think it was more then that also. I think at the time verizon didn't have the iphone either. and wasn't Verizon the first US network with true LTE, the carriers that did support the iphone at the time didn't have LTE anyways

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
One of the main reasons that Apple held up on some technology is battery life.
As far as I know iPhone is one of the first not to have a removable battery.

Battery life has always been a concern for Apple. Plenty of the 1st 3G phones with removable batts had terrible batt life. Same with the first 4G phones.
Now a few phone makers are doing non removable batts. I believe the the HTC One is non removable and I hear it's not that good with batt life.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think it was more then that also. I think at the time verizon didn't have the iphone either. and wasn't Verizon the first US network with true LTE, the carriers that did support the iphone at the time didn't have LTE anyways

Verizon did. They got the 4 earlier that year in February. But you're absolutely right about only Verizon having good support for LTE at the time. AT&T's had barely launched and didn't have much coverage. Remember when they were able to get the "4G" logo on the signal bars? Lol. They were pushing HSPA+ at the time. Sprint hadn't launched LTE either. T-Mobile still didn't have the iPhone either.

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
it's so fascinating seeing over the years how technology advanced it's almost a blur thinking that only a few years ago LTE was one of those things you actually got excited about especially with the thunderbolt supposedly the only phone to support LTE at the time but only had 5 hour battery life lol. phones used to be thick and crappy battery's

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I never said there was anything wrong with it, I just said you know why the minis and air didn't have the scanner.

Also, samsung does the complete their philosophy is to get the latest and greatest in the hands of its supporters as soon as possible. Additionally, they try and design new features rapidly, if there isn't anything must have that they aren't implementing. For example the non touch tech.

I personally dislike apples mode of business in this way. But no one says they can't do it. I still remember the MMS fiasco, there was no good reason the original iphone shouldn't have had it, yes, MMS was new then but literally every phone on the planet had it. Apple baited and waited on a virtually ubiquitous feature in the mobile industry.

The bolded part pretty much defines your blind assumptions when it comes to this conspiracy that you're following. Go back and read why MMS wasn't included with the first iPhone...it wasn't Apple that didn't allow it, it was Cingular wireless that did, and it was because they knew the amount of data that was going to move across the iPhone with the camera it had was going to be substantial. In fact, if I remember correctly, the file system on the original iPhone showed the ability for MMS messaging but it was reverted to a non-usable piece of the OS until Cingular gave them the green light.

Yet you sit and spit this crap out about how Apple kept it behind for the next iteration of iPhone. LOL! Seriously...take off the tin foil hat every once in a while.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You are wrong...the iPhone on AT&T and Tmobiles network can certainly send MMS while talking on the phone, I do it all the time.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You are wrong...the iPhone on AT&T and Tmobiles network can certainly send MMS while talking on the phone, I do it all the time.

I think there's a lot of confusion with that. I can certainly remember that you could not do this with CDMA iPhones... Is that right?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
LTE, NFC, MMS were gimmicks. Retina was a gimmick. Come on now, stop the blind lust. These are features they added well after the industry, and none of them were gimmicks, they are ubiquitous .

Just admit apple holds onto features everyone else has to create buzz and desire .

First of all, there's no blind lust. I don't buy Apple products just because its made my Apple. I buy them because they work for my lifestyle and if you read my previous post, I said I believed they do hold on to features. Secondly, I never said LTE, NFC & MMS are gimmicky nor are they Samsung exclusive features. I specifically said Samsung, which is only one of the many companies that manufacture Android devices!!! I came from Android and I still love what the OS has to offer but SAMSUNG, IMO, uses gimmicks (Air Gestures, Smart Scroll...etc) to sell devices. They'll get used in the first few days or weeks, then they get turned off! You always get your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you. Its a forum and people post their opinions...get over it!!! Not everyone is biased!

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
First of all, there's no blind lust. I don't buy Apple products just because its made my Apple. I buy them because they work for my lifestyle and if you read my previous post, I said I believed they do hold on to features. Secondly, I never said LTE, NFC & MMS are gimmicky nor are they Samsung exclusive features. I specifically said Samsung, which is only one of the many companies that manufacture Android devices!!! I came from Android and I still love what the OS has to offer but SAMSUNG, IMO, uses gimmicks (Air Gestures, Smart Scroll...etc) to sell devices. They'll get used in the first few days or weeks, then they get turned off! You always get your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you. Its a forum and people post their opinions...get over it!!! Not everyone is biased!

Nice!

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner