Best phone yes

Color OK 😬

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    02-17-2014 08:56 PM
    This is my 1st ios phone..nope..not dissapointed at all..i do admit mine note 3 which i still keep it is awesome..but overall, with all that awesome feature samsung put in it had become just a gimmick feature to me..im not use it much..im better off with ios which have just what i want as my daily driver..😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-17-2014 08:56 PM
    This is my 1st ios phone..nope..not dissapointed at all..i do admit mine note 3 which i still keep it is awesome..but overall, with all that awesome feature samsung put in it had become just a gimmick feature to me..im not use it much..im better off with ios which have just what i want as my daily driver..😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could never really live without my Note 3. However, I'm happy to be part of both ecosystems.

Sent from something awesome using Tapatalk.
    02-17-2014 08:58 PM
    In what was is the 64 bit chip relevant other than because Apple told you it was? The phone is nearing 6 months old and I haven't seen a single use for its inclusion. And the iPhone 6 will be released in the next 6 months. So where is this future you speak of? Let's be honest. The OP is right. The 5s is a great phone. But coming from a 5 I personally don't see a huge improvement. Sure the slow mo camera is cool...but does it require a whole new phone? No. Same with the touch ID that only has 2 uses.
    paul-c likes this.
    02-17-2014 11:20 PM
    Just because a car has more horsepower than a person would remotely use in the real world doesn't mean the power is useless. The same logic can be applied here.
    Are you going to purchase a new car soley based on its inclusion of horse power that you will never use?? Seems silly if so.
    02-17-2014 11:24 PM
    Are you going to purchase a new car soley based on its inclusion of horse power that you will never use?? Seems silly if so.
    The fp reader is the single best update of all time. Apple said it needed 64 bits for this feature. 64 bit registers provide a needed computational update, which IMO is why there are some 5s specific features. The iPhone 5s also blows the doors off of some quad core phones in certain benchmarks. Apple must have some rational behind this upgrade even if it is not for you.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-18-2014 12:45 AM
    There's nothing wrong with the 5s having a 64-bit CPU and FP reader. Samsung needs things to copy.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    02-18-2014 06:16 AM
    There's nothing wrong with the 5s having a 64-bit CPU and FP reader. Samsung needs things to copy.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    Honestly, I think all companies tend to copy each other. It's hard to really be as innovative as everyone wants when there are patent wars and CEO budgets. If you really pick and pull apart smartphones now a days, there is always going to be similarities.

I love both my Samsung and Apple phones. I think if they stay at war, they'll both be forced to continue to compete. This may bring about a little more innovatively competitive spirit!
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-18-2014 06:36 AM
    In what was is the 64 bit chip relevant other than because Apple told you it was? The phone is nearing 6 months old and I haven't seen a single use for its inclusion. And the iPhone 6 will be released in the next 6 months. So where is this future you speak of? Let's be honest. The OP is right. The 5s is a great phone. But coming from a 5 I personally don't see a huge improvement. Sure the slow mo camera is cool...but does it require a whole new phone? No. Same with the touch ID that only has 2 uses.
    You must not have a 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-18-2014 08:01 AM
    I find it comical when people talk about who copied who in the smartphone world. Sure, they all do it but Apple is the only company that can claim that they single handedly revolutionized the cellular phone industry. Before the first iPhone was released there was nothing like it. Apple didn't copy anything or anybody with that design. Both the hardware and the os were revolutionary. The standard b4 the iPhone was the blackberry style. Apple invented the touchscreen slab. Everything since then has been someone copying someone else.

iRiidium likes this.
    02-18-2014 08:06 AM
    You must not have a 5s.

I wish I had a black iPhone 5 in absolutely OEMs-sealed new condition. I'd love to be able to compare its performance with my 5s'. I know my wife's iPhone 4 is very slow...painfully slow. I have a lot of respect for the fact she can tolerate using it. One day the 5 will be as slow and a lot of folks will be wishing they at least had a 5s with a 64-bit CPU.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-18-2014 08:07 AM
    I find it comical when people talk about who copied who in the smartphone world. Sure, they all do it but Apple is the only company that can claim that they single handedly revolutionized the cellular phone industry. Before the first iPhone was released there was nothing like it. Apple didn't copy anything or anybody with that design. Both the hardware and the os were revolutionary. The standard b4 the iPhone was the blackberry style. Apple invented the touchscreen slab. Everything since then has been someone copying someone else.

Very true. Why was Samsung, Palm, HTC, LG, or Motorola not first with this design?

02-18-2014 08:09 AM
    Touchscreen has actually been around a long time...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...en-technology/
    02-18-2014 08:13 AM
    Touchscreen has actually been around a long time...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...en-technology/
    Apple didn't invent touchscreen tech. They invented the touchscreen "slab" form factor. Now, perhaps they just got to it first and if there was no iPhone at all android and all of his devices would be exactly where they are today.

02-18-2014 08:24 AM
    I'm just saying that in a lot of cases there was someone else first and the idea was modified for something else.

I'm not hating on them, I just think all companies get their ideas from somewhere....

kataran and iRiidium like this.
    02-18-2014 09:19 AM
    I'm just saying that in a lot of cases there was someone else first and the idea was modified for something else.

I'm not hating on them, I just think all companies get their ideas from somewhere....

Very true. That's innovation. Modifying something that was already invented and improving on its use. Apple just improved on the use touchscreen in a mobile device.
    Same with Touch ID a improvement in the use of finger print scanning.
    02-18-2014 09:38 AM
    Starting in 1996 I've had every style of phone available. Bricks, flips, Nokia Symbians, WinMo, blackberries, blackjacks,etc...When the iPhone came out everything changed.

02-18-2014 10:15 AM
    Starting in 1996 I've had every style of phone available. Bricks, flips, Nokia Symbians, WinMo, blackberries, blackjacks,etc...When the iPhone came out everything changed.

For sure. By far it's the most significant electronic mobile device since the cell phone itself.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    02-18-2014 10:22 AM
    For sure. By far it's the most significant electronic mobile device since the cell phone itself.
    The original prototype Android looked just like a Blackberry before the original iPhone was released. They reworked it to be touch screen only without a physical keyboard before the first Android phone was released to the public.
    02-18-2014 12:35 PM
    The original prototype Android looked just like a Blackberry before the original iPhone was released. They reworked it to be touch screen only without a physical keyboard before the first Android phone was released to the public.
    I read about that. The Android team pretty much scrapped the entire project and started over when the iPhone was released. There is no doubt that the basic concept of android is a copy of iOS.

02-18-2014 01:11 PM
    Completely disagree and would argue the landscape of the smartphone would evolve as is with or without the iPhone,the iPhone was not the first all touch screen, wasn't the first smart phone, wasn't first to combine mp3 with phone. It did however have one really good innovation buttons that were the size of a finger to open apps.

In any case, the smartphone world would still choose the same paradigm as screens became larger and the tech to implement all touch smartphones became cheap. Prior you needed stylus. I believe the revolution happened much earlier with palm, and others. And the smartphone evolution was inevitable.

02-18-2014 03:49 PM
    Completely disagree and would argue the landscape of the smartphone would evolve as is with or without the iPhone,the iPhone was not the first all touch screen, wasn't the first smart phone, wasn't first to combine mp3 with phone. It did however have one really good innovation buttons that were the size of a finger to open apps.

In any case, the smartphone world would still choose the same paradigm as screens became larger and the tech to implement all touch smartphones became cheap. Prior you needed stylus. I believe the revolution happened much earlier with palm, and others. And the smartphone evolution was inevitable.

He said the most significant. He didn't give it full credit to it for the smartphone evolution.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    02-18-2014 04:05 PM

The thing is that one can't make a cell phone mobile device assessment as if there never was a iPhone.
    We can't say where it would have gone because the reality is that the iPhone influenced every single smartphone on the market today.
    This is a cold hard fact.
    I'm not even going to go as far as saying it's the best phone because that's based on what the individual desires in a mobile phone.

It's not about being the first touchscreen device or the first smartphone. It's about taking these technologies and making them more functional that ever before. That is innovation.
    Influence and innovation is what the original iPhone is all about and continues to be about.
    Beyond Fire likes this.
    02-18-2014 05:10 PM
    The thing is that one can't make a cell phone mobile device assessment as if there never was a iPhone.
    We can't say where it would have gone because the reality is that the iPhone influenced every single smartphone on the market today.
    This is a cold hard fact.
    I'm not even going to go as far as saying it's the best phone because that's based on what the individual desires in a mobile phone.

It's not about being the first touchscreen device or the first smartphone. It's about taking these technologies and making them more functional that ever before. That is innovation.
    Influence and innovation is what the original iPhone is all about and continues to be about.
    What specifically? I think the biggest influence was the button finger paradigm . What do you think was the biggest influence??? Touch screen was happening regardless . I think the app ecosystem and it's importance also was greatly influenced by Apple. I don't think this transition wpuld have hapoened as quickly without iphone.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-18-2014 07:28 PM
    What specifically? I think the biggest influence was the button finger paradigm . What do you think was the biggest influence??? Touch screen was happening regardless . I think the app ecosystem and it's importance also was greatly influenced by Apple. I don't think this transition wpuld have hapoened as quickly without iphone.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    You say that things like touchscreen were going to happen regardless but the reality is that there was and is a iPhone no other reality scenario exists.

Touchscreen had already happened way before the iPhone of course

It's Apple implementation of the touchscreen specifically multi touch.
    That's the influence in mobile devices.
    Apples implementation of mobile email that has been a influence.
    Apples implementation of wifi in a mobile device that's been a influence.
    Apples implementation of the virtual keyboard that's been a influence.
    A virtual keyboard they said no one would ever like.
    Apples implementation of the design fit and form of mobile devices that's been a influence on the current mobile phone landscape.
    It's not Apples invention it's their implementation.
    Last edited by iEd; 02-18-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    mikeo007, CardsFan314 and HAWK like this.
    02-18-2014 08:07 PM
309 ... 45678 ...