I never said there was anything wrong with it, I just said you know why the minis and air didn't have the scanner.

Also, samsung does the complete their philosophy is to get the latest and greatest in the hands of its supporters as soon as possible. Additionally, they try and design new features rapidly, if there isn't anything must have that they aren't implementing. For example the non touch tech.

I personally dislike apples mode of business in this way. But no one says they can't do it. I still remember the MMS fiasco, there was no good reason the original iphone shouldn't have had it, yes, MMS was new then but literally every phone on the planet had it. Apple baited and waited on a virtually ubiquitous feature in the mobile industry.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    The bolded part pretty much defines your blind assumptions when it comes to this conspiracy that you're following. Go back and read why MMS wasn't included with the first iPhone...it wasn't Apple that didn't allow it, it was Cingular wireless that did, and it was because they knew the amount of data that was going to move across the iPhone with the camera it had was going to be substantial. In fact, if I remember correctly, the file system on the original iPhone showed the ability for MMS messaging but it was reverted to a non-usable piece of the OS until Cingular gave them the green light.

Yet you sit and spit this crap out about how Apple kept it behind for the next iteration of iPhone. LOL! Seriously...take off the tin foil hat every once in a while.
    Fausty82 and swarlos like this.
    02-13-2014 12:29 AM
    Motorola has top tier LTE radios, always have since the Droid Razr to the Droid Maxx.. Send a MMS while talking on the Phone at the same exact time? iPhone still cant do that.
    You are wrong...the iPhone on AT&T and Tmobiles network can certainly send MMS while talking on the phone, I do it all the time.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-13-2014 12:32 AM
    You are wrong...the iPhone on AT&T and Tmobiles network can certainly send MMS while talking on the phone, I do it all the time.
    I think there's a lot of confusion with that. I can certainly remember that you could not do this with CDMA iPhones... Is that right?
    02-13-2014 01:54 AM
    I think there's a lot of confusion with that. I can certainly remember that you could not do this with CDMA iPhones... Is that right?
    I believe that is correct

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-13-2014 01:55 AM
    LTE, NFC, MMS were gimmicks. Retina was a gimmick. Come on now, stop the blind lust. These are features they added well after the industry, and none of them were gimmicks, they are ubiquitous .

Just admit apple holds onto features everyone else has to create buzz and desire .

First of all, there's no blind lust. I don't buy Apple products just because its made my Apple. I buy them because they work for my lifestyle and if you read my previous post, I said I believed they do hold on to features. Secondly, I never said LTE, NFC & MMS are gimmicky nor are they Samsung exclusive features. I specifically said Samsung, which is only one of the many companies that manufacture Android devices!!! I came from Android and I still love what the OS has to offer but SAMSUNG, IMO, uses gimmicks (Air Gestures, Smart Scroll...etc) to sell devices. They'll get used in the first few days or weeks, then they get turned off! You always get your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you. Its a forum and people post their opinions...get over it!!! Not everyone is biased!
    taz323 and Speedygi like this.
    02-13-2014 02:53 AM
    First of all, there's no blind lust. I don't buy Apple products just because its made my Apple. I buy them because they work for my lifestyle and if you read my previous post, I said I believed they do hold on to features. Secondly, I never said LTE, NFC & MMS are gimmicky nor are they Samsung exclusive features. I specifically said Samsung, which is only one of the many companies that manufacture Android devices!!! I came from Android and I still love what the OS has to offer but SAMSUNG, IMO, uses gimmicks (Air Gestures, Smart Scroll...etc) to sell devices. They'll get used in the first few days or weeks, then they get turned off! You always get your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you. Its a forum and people post their opinions...get over it!!! Not everyone is biased!
    Nice!

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    nikkisharif and taz323 like this.
    02-13-2014 02:55 AM
    I'm a grown axx man I don't wear panties, so they certainly don't get bunched!

02-13-2014 03:09 AM
    Here we go again .....

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-13-2014 06:55 AM
    Why must every single person who defends their opinions somehow draws the worse out of the other parties? Why can't everyone just accept that different people view tech differently? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    bgl321 and nikkisharif like this.
    02-13-2014 07:29 AM
    Why must every single person who defends their opinions somehow draws the worse out of the other parties? Why can't everyone just accept that different people view tech differently? Lol

Where's the fun in that?

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    02-13-2014 07:37 AM
    Where's the fun in that?

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    My idea of fun is playing games on the PS4 or something like that, Thank you..
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    02-13-2014 08:23 AM
    Yeah, I see that but a lot of the youngsters come to these forums to argue. I guess that releases some tension or something.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Last edited by iRiidium; 02-13-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    02-13-2014 10:08 AM
    Yeah, I see that but a lot of the youngsters come to these forums to argue. I uses that releases some tension or something.

It's the anonymity of online. Where most people aren't generally running around starting fights outside the internet, they can easily do it here. Opinions are the only thing we really know each other by in a forum...

I'm holding myself in control. I'm on the verge of spending more money to get a 5s (Which I absolutely, positively, don't need).
    taz323 and Speedygi like this.
    02-13-2014 10:45 AM
    There's nothing wrong in being disappointed in a device that you purchase but you gotta do research on it before you buy. Wait a few weeks after initial release to see what the reviews are.

Try to make a decision in the 14 day return period. Especially if you drop $800 plus on a something or even if you do a contract.
    If you go outside the return window live with your decision.

Initially try to make the best choice for what you need and like to do with a mobile device.
    02-13-2014 10:52 AM

Because we have certain members on this website that, instead of logically and factually discussing Apple related news and topics, decide to spout off about whatever negative thing they can find, even if it isn't true or remotely relevant.
    Fausty82 and Speedygi like this.
    02-13-2014 11:46 AM
    Because we have certain members on this website that, instead of logically and factually discussing Apple related news and topics, decide to spout off about whatever negative thing they can find, even if it isn't true or remotely relevant.
    That's unfortunate.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64
    kataran likes this.
    02-13-2014 12:54 PM
    It's the anonymity of online. Where most people aren't generally running around starting fights outside the internet, they can easily do it here. Opinions are the only thing we really know each other by in a forum...

I'm holding myself in control. I'm on the verge of spending more money to get a 5s (Which I absolutely, positively, don't need).
    Go ahead, get one!! You know you want one. It'll be so sleek, so fast and so new and shiny

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-13-2014 03:10 PM
    Go ahead, get one!! You know you want one. It'll be so sleek, so fast and so new and shiny

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Get an iPad Air instead

02-14-2014 12:28 AM
    Get an iPad Air instead

I just don't have time to use tablets/iPads. I'm generally always at work. That's probably why I'm eyeing the 5s, since I sell them, they are always right there in my face.... I lasted 4 days before getting the 5c. Let's see what happens.
    02-14-2014 07:10 AM
    So you don't want to play games on the go? Gameboys were great for that too.

This post was made by Tiffany
    02-14-2014 07:30 AM
    So you don't want to play games on the go? Gameboys were great for that too.

This post was made by Tiffany
    Have a Vita for that, and a 3DS XL soon. I'm a big gamer/fan.
    thatgirl87 likes this.
    02-14-2014 07:32 AM
    I just don't have time to use tablets/iPads. I'm generally always at work. That's probably why I'm eyeing the 5s, since I sell them, they are always right there in my face.... I lasted 4 days before getting the 5c. Let's see what happens.
    Go with a silver or space grey 5s. No reason to fight it any longer. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

02-14-2014 08:02 AM
    I've read that some people don't keep or keep access to any personal or sensitive data on their phones. So, perhaps the OP is in that category.
    But if you lose your phone or someone steals it they can very easily use it. I take some comfort in knowing that if my phone falls into the wrong hands it'll at least be next to impossible for them to use it.

As for the OP, you knew it was an incremental upgrade. I skipped the 5S and will probably skip all S upgrades in the future. I've not used the 5S but I feel like a lot of it now is just marketing and hype from Apple (or Apple focused blogs, etc), not really something the average user would really want or need or miss if they didn't have it. My guess is you're more mad at yourself for falling victim to the hype.
    02-14-2014 10:05 AM
    Gone from the 5 to the 5s and haven't regretted at all.
    02-14-2014 10:14 AM
    The s models have always been good in my eyes
    taz323 likes this.
    02-14-2014 10:38 AM
309 ... 23456 ...