I only wish this was my issue. Instead of wanting other people to agree that my phone is the best I can't even decide which phone I think is best. I'm typing this on a 5s while I compare it to a HTC 8x. I have a Nokia 1520 at home and I'm not opposed to picking up a new Android in the near future. Too many devices for one phone number.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Hey, its cheaper than cars. Right? Right?

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-24-2014 01:18 PM
    Right!

02-24-2014 02:32 PM
    Hey, its cheaper than cars. Right? Right?

My coworker buys cars like I buy phones. He lives with his family and is way more lucky than most.

However, I'm pretty lucky too. Perhaps not always in money but there are many ways to be rich!

And I'm still loving my 5s.

Sent from my something or another on Tapatalk.
    02-24-2014 03:55 PM
    ^ Right on! ...and after the letdown the the S5 is to me, I'm even more happy with my 5s'.

02-24-2014 03:59 PM
    ^ Right on! ...and after the letdown the the S5 is to me, I'm even more happy with my 5s'.

Samsung really blew it with the S5. Incrementalism at its finest.

02-24-2014 04:18 PM
    That s5... My gosh they blew it rushing into release like that. I'm so unimpressed it hurts. I use to be such a huge Samsung fan too...

02-24-2014 05:02 PM
    That s5... My gosh they blew it rushing into release like that. I'm so unimpressed it hurts. I use to be such a huge Samsung fan too...

Maybe they're saving all the goods for the Note 4. Regardless the s5 will sell like hotecakes I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 06:03 PM
    Samsung really blew it with the S5. Incrementalism at its finest.

I think that it is about the same upgrade from the S3 to the S4. I still don't know why people think that these smartphone manufacturers are going to make huge strides year over year. The S5 is exactly what it's supposed to be, a marginal upgrade over last year's model. I don't expect any of the new smartphones this year to be substantially better than anything that came out last year.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 07:09 PM
    Wow, the s5 has a snapdragon 800. I had that on 3 phones last year.

02-24-2014 07:24 PM
    I think that it is about the same upgrade from the S3 to the S4. I still don't know why people think that these smartphone manufacturers are going to make huge strides year over year. The S5 is exactly what it's supposed to be, a marginal upgrade over last year's model. I don't expect any of the new smartphones this year to be substantially better than anything that came out last year.

I'm not liking the puckered back. Looks...well...the design language looks cheap.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    02-24-2014 07:32 PM
    Wow, the s5 has a snapdragon 800. I had that on 3 phones last year.

The software may not need a processor any stronger than the 800. I wonder if we are going to start seeing a slowdown in hardware? Smartphones and tablets are already really fast and capable of so many things. Hard to imagine smartphones getting that much faster. I already believe that we have reached the optimal potential of screen resolution for smartphones. Anything more than 1080p seems to be unnecessary. I don't see smartphone screen sizes getting much larger without having an adverse effect on tablet sales. The only areas where I see there is room for improvement are in battery life and cameras.

02-24-2014 07:34 PM
    I'm not liking the puckered back. Looks...well...the design language looks cheap.

I actually like it better than the battery cover for the Note 3. I thought that looked cheap.

02-24-2014 07:35 PM
    You like all those little dots? The gold looks especially chincy to me but hardware wise the phone is decent. Bezels are better on the G2 (which I'd rather have) to me. LG must be breathing a sigh of relief right about now.

02-24-2014 07:46 PM
    When kit kat was released it was touted as being able to run on 512gb RAM phones. So yeah.

02-24-2014 07:46 PM
    I think the back looks pretty good. Still not getting it though. I bet the G3 will kill this thing.

02-24-2014 07:47 PM
    The software may not need a processor any stronger than the 800. I wonder if we are going to start seeing a slowdown in hardware? Smartphones and tablets are already really fast and capable of so many things. Hard to imagine smartphones getting that much faster. I already believe that we have reached the optimal potential of screen resolution for smartphones. Anything more than 1080p seems to be unnecessary. I don't see smartphone screen sizes getting much larger without having an adverse effect on tablet sales. The only areas where I see there is room for improvement are in battery life and cameras.

I read the other day that WP doesn't fully utilize the snapdragon 800 in my 1520.

02-24-2014 07:48 PM
    I'm sure there will be nice looking after-market backs.

02-24-2014 07:49 PM
    It's horrible man, lol...you've seen some of the annoying, redundant bickering here about smart phones? Multiply that by about a million...and add to it the fact that cars have been around so long, you have the closed minded loyalists that go back for generations...at least our situations is less than a decade old now, haha!

That's me too...lol. I rarely keep a car more than 2-3 years at most...I just get bored, but they just aren't as swappable as an iPhone is, haha.
    While there are a lot of similarities in the purchase of cars and smartphones, cars, with the exception of exotics and collectables, are single purpose. One usually buys a car to drive from point a to point b, and it's the execution that is different. One for the most part doesn't buy a car to primarily sit in the car and listen to the radio.

A smartphone is different, I can see buying a phone primarily to play angry birds, with making a phone call secondary. Or buying a smartphone as an ipod++ and never making a call.

I'm glad there are choices, however, apple, imo, has the best overall execution and have a knack of imbuing their devices with useful, high tech features.. And I'm no apple fanboy. I would have gone z30 in a heartbeat if it were smaller; IOS drives me bonkers at times.

With the 5S, they have set themselves up for the future. Let's see how many phones have 64 bit and a finger print reader in the next year.
    02-24-2014 08:58 PM
    While there are a lot of similarities in the purchase of cars and smartphones, cars, with the exception of exotics and collectables, are single purpose. One usually buys a car to drive from point a to point b, and it's the execution that is different. One for the most part doesn't buy a car to primarily sit in the car and listen to the radio.
    I disagree with this...I think most people go out and buy cars with more than just the basic requirements in consideration, otherwise the most popular and commonly sold models would be the bare bones variants, and that simply isn't true in the US market at least. Luxury brands are thriving, and this is because people aren't just buying basic transportation. In that, I think my analogy is much more relevant.
    02-24-2014 10:09 PM
    I tend to equate my smartphone or mobile os purchases more with the purchase of vehicles in general than cars specifically.

I own a motorcycle, car and a truck. They are all modes of transportation but, each excel in certain areas depending on my needs at the time.

I view my mobile os ownership in the same manner. They are all capable "modes of transportation" if you will however, each excel in areas of that basic functionality that others do not and I adjust my usage accordingly.
    02-24-2014 10:49 PM
    God. Still at it... * rolling eyes

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-25-2014 06:35 AM
    God. Still at it... * rolling eyes

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    You're still here?
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-25-2014 07:03 PM
    I'll just throw in that I'm disappointed in iOS 7 on iphone 5S and the ipads. The hardware is awesome. No complaints. But 3 crashes today (and it's a daily thing) gets to me. I really hope iOS 8 refines things. And perhaps moreso that it doesn't take Apple 6 months to fix bugs. 7.1 will be here only a few months before the ios 8 preview.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    02-25-2014 07:34 PM
    I have 2 iPads and 2 5s'. I don't get resprings or restarts on any of them and they're all rooted. I wonder if it's an app that's causing this?

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    02-25-2014 08:31 PM
    I get random crashes of various stock apps, I've only seen one reboot/respring since I've had the phone.

The imore app crashes when replying to a lot if text.

Every once in a while wifi does not start and I have to turn it on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-25-2014 11:05 PM
309 ... 10111213