5s or Nokia 1520? Why must I be such a phone junkie?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
This is not a comparison post, it's a dilemma. I've been using a Nokia 1520 for few months and recently decided that it is just too big. I haven't had an iPhone since 2011 so I bought a brand new 16gb white 5s. I've been using it for about a week and listed the 1520 on eBay. We'll today I had a moment of weakness and ended the eBay sale b4 anyone could buy the Nokia. I took it from the box and completely set it back up using wifi. They use the same SIM card and I'm pretty sure the Nokia will work perfectly fine on my AT&T iPhone data plan If decide to sim swap between the 2. Why must I be such a phone junkie?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(laughing)….Like the rest of us, you're a techie and enjoy using technological products that works to our benefit. Heck, go ahead and keep both devices. When you tire of one, you can put the SIM card in the other until you tire of it…:)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've always got two or three devices with me and in use. It's okay to enjoy more than one device. If you feel even a little bit uncomfortable selling your Nokia, don't do it. All the devices I've sold, I never doubted myself. The ones I did doubt myself on, they are sitting in my "Retired but still loved" drawer.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I've always got two or three devices with me and in use. It's okay to enjoy more than one device. If you feel even a little bit uncomfortable selling your Nokia, don't do it. All the devices I've sold, I never doubted myself. The ones I did doubt myself on, they are sitting in my "Retired but still loved" drawer.

What has been your experience sim swapping between iOS and WP or android? Does the iPhone data plan work on other smartphones?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
What has been your experience sim swapping between iOS and WP or android? Does the iPhone data plan work on other smartphones?

A data plan is a data plan, the iPhone does not require a data plan different from other smartphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
A data plan is a data plan, the iPhone does not require a data plan different from other smartphones.

On AT&T it does. When I set up my new iphone last week I had to change from AT&T's unlimited smartphone plan to the unlimited iPhone plan. The main difference is that FaceTime over cellular won't work unless you are using the iPhone plan. Other than that your iPhone will work fine with the "smartphone" plan. I've heard that androids and windows phones work perfectly using the iPhone plan.

You must not be with AT&T.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
On AT&T it does. When I set up my new iphone last week I had to change from AT&T's unlimited smartphone plan to the unlimited iPhone plan. The main difference is that FaceTime over cellular won't work unless you are using the iPhone plan. Other than that your iPhone will work fine with the "smartphone" plan. I've heard that androids and windows phones work perfectly using the iPhone plan.

You must not be with AT&T.

Thanks for that, I had no idea. I'm on Verizon and don't recall having to use a special plan for FaceTime over data. Then again I never tried to use FaceTime outside of wifi so that's probably why.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
With AT&T's data plans and different sized SIM cards having multiple devices isn't easy. At least my 5s and 1520 both use the nano sim.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea stick with both and enjoy! it can be a pain due to the constant having to switch data plans (as stated above), but other than that have fun!

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I own a 5s as my every day power driver, a galaxy s4 as my home tablet, a blackberry q10 as my vacation ( travel ) phone, and my old iPhone 5 as a spare just in case something happens to my 5s. Oh.. lets not forget my original iPhone sitting back in its retired box. lol we all are addicts to phones and technology. don't feel bad, there are worse things you could be doing and addicted too. KCCO

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yea stick with both and enjoy! it can be a pain due to the constant having to switch data plans (as stated above), but other than that have fun!

I think I am going to try and use the iPhone data plan with both devices. I think the 1520 will work fine with the iPhone data plan. The iphone work fine with the smartphone plan for a day b4 I changed it to the iPhone plan.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I own a 5s as my every day power driver, a galaxy s4 as my home tablet, a blackberry q10 as my vacation ( travel ) phone, and my old iPhone 5 as a spare just in case something happens to my 5s. Oh.. lets not forget my original iPhone sitting back in its retired box. lol we all are addicts to phones and technology. don't feel bad, there are worse things you could be doing and addicted too. KCCO

My current line up is the 5s and 1520 for phones and a Nexus 7 (2013) and Lenovo Miix 2 8 for home.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time deciding which device to use. I bought the iPhone because I felt like the 1520 was too big and I still feel that way, but I miss the big screen and WP8. The problem is I can't find a single thing I don't like about the 5s. I can't find a reason to go back to the 1520. Oh well, first world problems for sure.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time deciding which device to use. I bought the iPhone because I felt like the 1520 was too big and I still feel that way, but I miss the big screen and WP8. The problem is I can't find a single thing I don't like about the 5s. I can't find a reason to go back to the 1520. Oh well, first world problems for sure.

Personally, I'd keep both, but if you're not actually using both then it would be stupid to hold on to the Nokia as it continues to depreciate in value.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox