5s or Nokia 1520? Why must I be such a phone junkie?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I agree. If I were going to sell one it would be the Nokia. I listed it on eBay but ended the sale b4 anyone bid on it. It's currently worth about 450 but won't be for long. I'm having a hard time parting with it. It is such an awesome device. If Nokia releases a 5" device with the same specs as the 1520 or better on AT&T I'm getting it!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 is a seriously nice piece of hardware and also has a great camera. When I auditioned the 1520 it did quite well except that the app ecosystem left too much to be desired that could not be mitigated with web browser use. I recommended to it to not give up or become discouraged but to be patient why the app ecosystem grows.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't use a ton of apps so I don't see the app shortage as a problem for WP. It has all the apps I need. I do like the way WP handles your contacts. If you set it up right and link all the info for each contact it really is superior to iOS or android.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I spent the last 2 days using the Nokia. Came back to the iPhone this morning. I think I will keep the 1520 but use is as a mini tab on wifi. I don't really need it since I have nexus 7 and Lenovo Miix 2 8" windows tab but I don't want to sell it either.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I spent the last 2 days using the Nokia. Came back to the iPhone this morning. I think I will keep the 1520 but use is as a mini tab on wifi. I don't really need it since I have nexus 7 and Lenovo Miix 2 8" windows tab but I don't want to sell it either.

Definitely a 1st world dilemma.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Selling the Nokia 1520, HTC 8x and the Lenovo Windows 8.1 tab. Keeping the 5s and buying either an Air or Mini w/RD.

Sent from my white 5s

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm simplifying. I have gathered too many toys running too many operating systems. I'm going go all apple for a while. I'll have the mini w/rd, a 5s and a 5th gen touch.

Sent from my white 5s

That's why and how I ended up back on iOS. I'm very glad I did.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I've enjoyed all of my devices recently but the bottom line is that iOS and Apple devices just work, period. Android and WP are good platforms but they just aren't as solid as iOS. Both of them have features and capabilities that iOS does not have but the overall user experience with iOS is better and that's what really matters.

Sent from my white 5s

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've enjoyed all of my devices recently but the bottom line is that iOS and Apple devices just work, period. Android and WP are good platforms but they just aren't as solid as iOS. Both of them have features and capabilities that iOS does not have but the overall user experience with iOS is better and that's what really matters.

Sent from my white 5s

If you decide to really sell, keep me in the loop. =]

I can never simplify. I prefer to diversify and convolute enjoyingly.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely selling the 8x, 1520 and Lenovo 8.1. Not sure what the Lenovo is worth. It retails for 299 and I've only had it a few weeks. Maybe a month. I'll have to do some research on eBay to see what they are selling for.

Sent from my white 5s

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Send pictures? $200 including shipping or?

At any rate, no pressure. If you decide to sell, I'm interested. If not, that's okay too. =P

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Me too.

techophile

"A person who loves technology a lot to the point that he/she wants to discuss technology with anyone around them including strangers.
A techophile readily skips meals to read and update on the latest tech gist!
He must be a techophile because he always knows where to get the answers to all these science and tech questions.

We have geeks, nerds, and techophiles and these never flop in science and technology exams!"

*High fives*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR