Zagg tempered glass screen protector ...

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Finally got mine in the mail yesterday and installed today! Took like 30 seconds to install and it feels amazing and doesn't have any smudges or prints on it. Loving it so far. Wishing their smart buds were as high quality. I'm gonna have to email their management about just how many sets of smartbuds I've been through the last 3-4 years. It's a shame that those are such pitiful quality, but I digress.

Have you received the smartbuds that have the new rectangle packaging? They are much better quality and the volume slider isn't nearly as loose.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you received the smartbuds that have the new rectangle packaging? They are much better quality and the volume slider isn't nearly as loose.

Yes. I've had them all. I got a new pair for Christmas (triangle package) and they were broken within a month and a half. I was ordering something from zagg and they offered smartbuds for $10 with purchase so I had a backup pair. Those broke two weeks ago so I requested a replacement for those. I've had them for a week and they work fine except the mic doesn't pickup sound. The only reason I use these is because I like the "hang tight" configuration. Never again. Shameful quality. You can't say I didn't give these a chance. I'll will take a pic of the graveyard of smartbuds I've had and you'll see. SMH.

Last edited:

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I've had them all. I got a new pair for Christmas (triangle package) and they were broken within a month and a half. I was ordering something from zagg and they offered smartbuds for $10 with purchase so I had a backup pair. Those broke two weeks ago so I requested a replacement for those. I've had them for a week and they work fine except the mic doesn't pickup sound. The only reason I use these is because I like the "hang tight" configuration. Never again. Shameful quality. You can't say I didn't give these a chance. I'll will take a pic of the graveyard of smartbuds I've had and you'll see. SMH.

That's unfortunate. I used the same pair for 2 years and they finally quit on me. The new ones have a firmer volume slider and come in a very nice magnetic box. They feel and look better quality than the older ones and come in more metallic colours. I would try to get another replacement because the newer ones are made better.

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that tempered glass screen protectors which are 0.3 thick do not give you the same level of protection as 0.4. I'm rocking sir Lancelot holy grail screen protector and I'm not worried about dropping my iphone at all

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I love this screen protector I had the Lifeproof fre for a while, but I am very OCD with seeing dust or little hairs on the screen and I always had to take out the case to clean it inside, then next day again see dust or something behind the lifeproof screen protector.. So I decided to go back to a screen protector and my red mophie case... I went to best buy on Monday and they installed it for me due to I don't install the screen protectors too good lol I am like cursed when I put them, always find dust or something behind the protector, well after they installed it I didn't check but soon found some small dusts.. I really don't like to put them down, so I took it off and went back hopefully another person was there and yea a girl put it on today and he did a perfect job! no dusts nothing awesome!! I use to use the Zagg HD on my IP5S but within time it started getting yellowish that's why I left zagg, but once I saw they got a glass one well had to try it out and man its there best one yet!!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
That's unfortunate. I used the same pair for 2 years and they finally quit on me. The new ones have a firmer volume slider and come in a very nice magnetic box. They feel and look better quality than the older ones and come in more metallic colours. I would try to get another replacement because the newer ones are made better.

are you the one on the youtube channel of Zagg?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok weird thing happened, yesterday i saw a tiny piece of hair buttom part of the protector inside between the screen and protector, like this was my 2nd one i was like dang! But i did what i saw got a tape and pull up the protector where the saw hair thing it was in a shape of a "s" i did the tape both ways facing the protector and screen... But after letting the protector back in i still saw the S shape so i thought it didn't come out tried it again and nothing was still there, few moments later i saw it was the glass so my guess was a defect or something very small it didn't disturbed me like a black dust would lol but went on... Today i see thats it not there anymore... Maybe the tape got the hair but the shaped stayed on the glass till probably it sticked back totally to the iPhone screen... Weird. But totally happy with it!

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok weird thing happened, yesterday i saw a tiny piece of hair buttom part of the protector inside between the screen and protector, like this was my 2nd one i was like dang! But i did what i saw got a tape and pull up the protector where the saw hair thing it was in a shape of a "s" i did the tape both ways facing the protector and screen... But after letting the protector back in i still saw the S shape so i thought it didn't come out tried it again and nothing was still there, few moments later i saw it was the glass so my guess was a defect or something very small it didn't disturbed me like a black dust would lol but went on... Today i see thats it not there anymore... Maybe the tape got the hair but the shaped stayed on the glass till probably it sticked back totally to the iPhone screen... Weird. But totally happy with it!

That's really weird. But it's good to hear that you're happy! :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No, it's a completely new shield.. not made from glass though. There is however an "special" version of the glass shield coming out next year.. I don't think I'm suppose to talk about it yet though.

Humm, not GLASS....The Zagg GLASS has me spoiled. I can't imagine not using GLASS.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Humm, not GLASS....The Zagg GLASS has me spoiled. I can't imagine not using GLASS.

It's gonna be some super duper better than glass protector and gonna cost $159.99! I can't wait! J/K

I really wanna see this though. I'm in love with the glass just after a few days!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
It's gonna be some super duper better than glass protector and gonna cost $159.99! I can't wait! J/K

I really wanna see this though. I'm in love with the glass just after a few days!

It's actually out sooner than I thought.. It's the new ZAGG Glass - Privacy. The same feel, material, and touch except people can't look over your shoulder to see what you're typing.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's actually out sooner than I thought.. It's the new ZAGG Glass - Privacy. The same feel, material, and touch except people can't look over your shoulder to see what you're typing.

Yes I saw that online the other day. May try that on my next iPhone. Thanks!

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It seems the Zagg screen protector gets all the buzz today when it comes to glass screen shields. What's this one got that the ones from Spigen, Bodyguardz, iLoome, etc don't have?

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure it is but what I'm asking is what makes this one so special? What makes this one stand out from all the others?

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it is but what I'm asking is what makes this one so special? What makes this one stand out from all the others?

Maybe it's the no questions asked lifetime warranty.

I know Spigen has a limited lifetime warranty that doesn't include glass screen protectors. Not sure about Bodyguardz and the others.

Outside of the screen protectors that came with my Otterbox Commuters, I've only used Zagg.