Zagg tempered glass screen protector ...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got one. Best screen protector ever. Can't even tell it's on there. Very smudge free. I tried a Bodyguardz tempered glass before on my S5. That was horrible.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
The Bodyguardz are excellent. Granted, they are double the thickness, which allows you to tell it's on there a lot more easily. But the Zagg install process allows for easier line-up and it adheres immediately and no bubbles or anything. Mine is perfectly lined up and I'm happy.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The Bodyguardz are excellent. Granted, they are double the thickness, which allows you to tell it's on there a lot more easily. But the Zagg install process allows for easier line-up and it adheres immediately and no bubbles or anything. Mine is perfectly lined up and I'm happy.

The bodygurdz don't seal the best around the edges which allows dirt and lint to get trapped along the inside of the edges. That to me is not excellent for a $35 screen protector. JMHO.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I've never had a problem where after install dust gets under but I have had a difficult time lining those up and noticing they're there. I also had the initial problem where a bubble persists for a few days after until the glass adheres completely.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I just received my replacement zagg clear glass after my first one was ruined and they even waived my shipping fee Go ZAGG !! Only thing that sucks is that the rounded edges that zagg does is only on the outside of the the protector not the home button like my first one which sucks

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a generic tempered glass screen protector on eBay for less than $10 and am very surprised at the quality. Went on nice and easy with no bubbles and feels good and doesn't scratch easy. Did it to try it out not expecting much but am happy that I saved $30.

I have had it for two weeks with no signs that it is cheap and generic. Will be buying more of them for friends phones.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Does the glass thickness get in the way of the fingerprint sensor? I've used the spigen Glas.tr with my old iphone 5 and loved it but haven't tried any glass ones with the 5s. And zagg is having a site wide sale so I want to grab one.

Oh so, if I screw up installation, will I be able to try again or is it a one and done deal?

Last edited:

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The Zagg Glass doesn't interfere with the fingerprint scanner at all because the edges are tapered and it feels very natural. And as far as installation, you can retry if the protector partially sticks and you immediately replace it; but after it's been on for a while then it's nearly impossible for it to stick again if you peel it off.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The Zagg Glass doesn't interfere with the fingerprint scanner at all because the edges are tapered and it feels very natural. And as far as installation, you can retry if the protector partially sticks and you immediately replace it; but after it's been on for a while then it's nearly impossible for it to stick again if you peel it off.

Thanks for the quick response! I've ordered one for $17. Not too bad for a glass protector. Hope it's at least as good as the spigen one I had on my 5.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response! I've ordered one for $17. Not too bad for a glass protector. Hope it's at least as good as the spigen one I had on my 5.

No problem. You got a great price and don't worry, you won't be disappointed. It's the best tempered glass screen protector on the market.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not true actually... as long as it's not damaged you can take the glass off and re-install fairly easily.

Yes you can but it's a lint magnet underneath. You take it off, it won't look so pretty when you put it back on. You better get the install right on the first try.

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can but it's a lint magnet underneath. You take it off, it won't look so pretty when you put it back on. You better get the install right on the first try.

You're right. I recommend a piece of scotch tape rolled up to remove any lint before re-applying. I train my employees how to install glass. We rarely waste a shield. If someone messes it up (alignment error or dust underneath), we can fix it 95% of the time.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You're right. I recommend a piece of scotch tape rolled up to remove any lint before re-applying. I train my employees how to install glass. We rarely waste a shield. If someone messes it up (alignment error or dust underneath), we can fix it 95% of the time.

Thanks! I can't wait to get mine.