Does the glass thickness get in the way of the fingerprint sensor? I've used the spigen Glas.tr with my old iphone 5 and loved it but haven't tried any glass ones with the 5s. And zagg is having a site wide sale so I want to grab one.

Oh so, if I screw up installation, will I be able to try again or is it a one and done deal?
    Last edited by eyecrispy; 05-27-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: blah
    05-27-2014 07:41 PM
    The Zagg Glass doesn't interfere with the fingerprint scanner at all because the edges are tapered and it feels very natural. And as far as installation, you can retry if the protector partially sticks and you immediately replace it; but after it's been on for a while then it's nearly impossible for it to stick again if you peel it off.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    05-27-2014 08:47 PM
    The Zagg Glass doesn't interfere with the fingerprint scanner at all because the edges are tapered and it feels very natural. And as far as installation, you can retry if the protector partially sticks and you immediately replace it; but after it's been on for a while then it's nearly impossible for it to stick again if you peel it off.
    Thanks for the quick response! I've ordered one for $17. Not too bad for a glass protector. Hope it's at least as good as the spigen one I had on my 5.
    05-27-2014 10:08 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! I've ordered one for $17. Not too bad for a glass protector. Hope it's at least as good as the spigen one I had on my 5.
    No problem. You got a great price and don't worry, you won't be disappointed. It's the best tempered glass screen protector on the market.
    05-27-2014 10:27 PM
    but after it's been on for a while then it's nearly impossible for it to stick again if you peel it off.
    Not true actually... as long as it's not damaged you can take the glass off and re-install fairly easily.
    05-28-2014 10:50 AM
    Not true actually... as long as it's not damaged you can take the glass off and re-install fairly easily.
    That's good to hear. Have you tried it?
    05-28-2014 11:01 AM
    He is Zagg... So yes he knows...
    eyecrispy and nikkisharif like this.
    05-28-2014 11:10 AM
    Yes you can but it's a lint magnet underneath. You take it off, it won't look so pretty when you put it back on. You better get the install right on the first try.
    05-28-2014 01:05 PM
    Yes you can but it's a lint magnet underneath. You take it off, it won't look so pretty when you put it back on. You better get the install right on the first try.
    You're right. I recommend a piece of scotch tape rolled up to remove any lint before re-applying. I train my employees how to install glass. We rarely waste a shield. If someone messes it up (alignment error or dust underneath), we can fix it 95% of the time.
    05-29-2014 12:02 PM
    You're right. I recommend a piece of scotch tape rolled up to remove any lint before re-applying. I train my employees how to install glass. We rarely waste a shield. If someone messes it up (alignment error or dust underneath), we can fix it 95% of the time.
    Thanks! I can't wait to get mine.
    05-29-2014 03:03 PM
    I have used many many Zagg protectors before tempered glass protectors came out and that's when I started using Spigen's glass protectors and have used them on many of my phones and tablets. I switch phones and tablets often, maybe ever few months, and found that buying them often got expensive so I decided to start looking at the generic glass protectors on eBay. I ordered a few and have been testing them out and I would say they work just fine for 1/4 of the price, sometimes you can't even see or feel a difference. And installation is easy on the generic ones also.

Nothing against Zagg or Spigen they make great products but $40 to $60 each can add up when you switch phones and tablets often.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    05-29-2014 03:49 PM
    Think the thickness of the off brand ones is what matters.. The thicker they are the more noticeable they are... Most want good but also thin, like it's not even there.
    05-29-2014 03:59 PM
    I have found generic ones that are just as thin as the name brand ones and also have the rounded corners like the name brand ones.

I always look for ones that are .3mm thick with rounded corners. Anything thinner and you lose some of the protection that tempered glass will give your screen. Anything thicker and it starts to show. Also .3mm thick glass works great without or with a case on the phone.

05-29-2014 05:51 PM
    Do the generic ones have a lifetime guarantee? I have found out over the years that you usually get what you pay for (not always though). The generic (less expensive) usually have less clarity, less adhesive properties, less smudge proof coating ...ect.
    05-30-2014 10:28 AM
    Anker does. They are sold on Amazon.. Not bad screen protectors, a tad thick
    05-30-2014 10:32 AM
    I think I'm going to pick up the Zagg tomorrow. Looks really nice
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-02-2014 12:10 AM
    I think I'm going to pick up the Zagg tomorrow. Looks really nice
    I highly recommend the Zagg GLASS.
    nikkisharif and anon(73368) like this.
    06-02-2014 12:24 AM
    I highly recommend the Zagg GLASS.
    Thanks Spencer, that's exactly what I'll be getting.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-02-2014 12:59 AM
    Very true! I went through 2 of them! 3rd one was perfect!
    06-04-2014 09:04 AM
    I have used many many Zagg protectors before tempered glass protectors came out and that's when I started using Spigen's glass protectors and have used them on many of my phones and tablets. I switch phones and tablets often, maybe ever few months, and found that buying them often got expensive so I decided to start looking at the generic glass protectors on eBay. I ordered a few and have been testing them out and I would say they work just fine for 1/4 of the price, sometimes you can't even see or feel a difference. And installation is easy on the generic ones also.

Nothing against Zagg or Spigen they make great products but $40 to $60 each can add up when you switch phones and tablets often.

I always tell my customers that you can buy a cheaper glass screen protector, but it won't look and feel nearly as nice as a brand name one (like ZAGG). If you have a generic one and a ZAGG one side by side, you can defintely see and feel the difference. Also, you will probably end up going through 3 or 4 generic ones which means you'll have to keep spending $15 dollars every 4-6 months for a new one. With ZAGG's you can get unlimited lifetime replacements for a one-time $40 fee. I believe you always end up paying more for generic screen protectors in the end... However, I have heard of people using the same generic screen protector for the life of their phone (it just never looked really good).
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-07-2014 10:00 AM
    I finally picked up the Zagg Glass for my 5S & after 5 minutes I'm in love LOL. It feels amazing & the screen is just beautiful I never put screen protectors on my iPad but I'm thinking about getting one for the rMini & for each of my kids mini's.
    zerog46 and Spencerdl like this.
    06-07-2014 01:04 PM
    You get what you pay for. And they are definitely worth it. A co worker of mine dropped his phone and broke the screen protector, that's what's supposed to happen. Called Zagg and they sent him out a new one. That's also the way it works with a good company.
    Last edited by zerog46; 06-08-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    06-07-2014 02:02 PM
    Zagg Glass has been amazing. Their customer service is also fantastic. I have had you are mine replaced a few times and they have done it. It's been a fantastic product that's is recommend to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 11:16 PM
    Buying out right it's fine... Fast shipping.....

But this is going on two weeks for my replacement..... Still showing In-Processing
    06-09-2014 09:12 AM
    Buying out right it's fine... Fast shipping.....

But this is going on two weeks for my replacement..... Still showing In-Processing
    Same here I ordered my replacement on the 23rd of May. I contacted customer service to see what was happening. Received an email saying the glass is on back order and looking to ship around the 20th. The customer service agent sent me an original screen protector with 3 day shipping to hold me over until the glass ships.
    06-09-2014 01:28 PM
219 ... 56789