Verizon iphone 5s question for jailbreak users

sox08

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
hey i have a vzw 5s with jailbreak and i know that Verizon didn't offer talk and surf on this handset {which i don't understand why when most androids already do} but i was wondering if anyone knew of any jailbreak tweaks to fix this?? any info would be much appreciated. thank you

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is built such that it can only use one of its antennae at a time. Verizon's calls revert to CDMA for voice. The CDMA radio and the data radio can't be active at the same time... Doesn't matter where the iPhone was purchased. It's a physical technological limitation... That will go away when Verizon rolls out VoLTE. It's coming...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone is built such that it can only use one of its antennae at a time. Verizon's calls revert to CDMA for voice. The CDMA radio and the data radio can't be active at the same time... Doesn't matter where the iPhone was purchased. It's a physical technological limitation... That will go away when Verizon rolls out VoLTE. It's coming...

I didn't know that the OP was talking about using them at the same time.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
YES you can, just called my Wife in the other room to test this theory. While talking to her on speaker, I was "surfing" the web. Our iphones (5s) are Verizon. We are NOT jailbroken

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
But only because you were on wifi. What doesn't work is cellular data and a call at the same time.

Yes I was on WiFi...that makes sense. I stand corrected ...THANKS for the info

Edit; come to think of it I'm always on wifi except in my car. I don't surf while driving and talking.

Last edited:

sox08

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks looks like ill be waiting was hoping it would work so i could tether since i have unlimited data but would be kind of pointless if i loose connection when calls come in

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2