Tech 21 Impactology Impact Shell case

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I love the look of this case. The clear TPU with the orange D30 dohicky running through it just looks sick...to me. One problem though. It doesn't seem to be compatible with ANY screen protector. :-( I've used Zagg Invisible Shield (dry install), the Tech 21 screen protector, and BodyGuardz and zNitro tempered glass screen protectors. The Tech 21 case comes in on the screen too much (I guess) and makes the screen protectors either peel or, in the case of the tempered glass sheets, makes them pop off.

Does anyone use the Tech 21 Impact Shell with a screen protector that is not molested by the case?

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Last edited:

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
My screen protector never did that with my tech21 case. Some protectors touch edge to edge & some don't.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issues, I stopped using the case.

Fooey, I really like the case but I guess I'm gonna have to take it back. It messed up the seal on my $40 zNitro tempered glass screen armour.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It only buckles a few screen protectors but I typically get spigen protectors that don't.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Tempered glass is usually raised so maybe that's why. Most screen protectors are flush with the screen and have a very good adherence. That cases edges press flat against the screen.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think it was that the tempered glass covers the entire screen and the case comes in on the screen and is pushing on the glass...forcing it to come unsealed and pop up.

Sent from my liberated iPad Air LTE 

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The impact 21 cases are tight. I tried numerous times to pull the case up over the screen protector but after using it and in and out of the pocket it eventually comes off. I use the Zagg screen protectors and they are not cheap.