First your post is still up on Modmyi so saying I won't approve it is just funny.
    2nd by the time you made this post and filed a claim you were already refunded.

Thanks
    Still a bit preposterous that it took this long in the first place, am I right? Out of curiosity, what's wrong with just refunding him as soon as requested?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    03-28-2014 10:23 PM
    Nothing, other then on the 26th he sent 3 emails before opening a claim 2 of which I was asleep, I am human just like everyone else, so then by his 3rd I just hadn't had a chance to respond two, he kept replying to the same email as well and anyone familiar with gmail knows that it threads conversations and pushes new emails to the top with the 2 older ones. I get a lot of emails, I have a lot of website traffic, and I try my best to answer emails in the order they are received but if you keep responding to the same email thread, 30,45, an hour apart it keeps moving you up on the list. So by the time i got to his third email he opened a claim. I saw what happened got the order canceled and with in 5-10 minutes of the claim I went a submitted the refund.

Now lets talk about few things I want to touch on.
    Everyone in this game is a middleman I dont care if you go to Me(IDeviceGuys), Chronic, SwiftUnlocks, etc we are all middlemen. Some of us have good connections with a source some dont, some unlocker go through multiple middleman its just crazy, anyone claiming to be "direct" I can almost guarantee there lying. Anywho my point to this is lets say you want to cancel an unlock. (Keep in mind most unlockers won't do this) I go ok I go to my source and go hey i need to cancel 0133XXXXXXXXIMEI. As soon as I get the OK its cancel i can refund, often times what happens though is my source will try to get it pushed up and done, but at times it doesn't happen. But to keep my self secured I got to make sure I get it confirmed canceled. Then I can submit refund usually its pretty quick depending on the time of day

Now I am not going to down play this at all, but what I am going to say is because of what happened today I made some huge changes to my site to better help my customers and myself, to help set better expectations and hopefully overall give a better experience. I am not perfect I don't claim to be I make mistakes this business is a hard business, because i am not selling a physical or even digital good, I am providing a digital service. Which as far as I know there is really only a few things i can think of that are digital services, and its a hard market.

But i dont run and hide I confront most things if I can see them or they are brought to my attention because I want to be active and I want my side to the reason why something happened or didn't happen to be heard. And i know what you all are thinking going well this is the third person in this thread too have a bad experience, well one had a bad experience and i wouldn't even say bad experience just not what he wanted turn good, I try to make things as right as I can. I don't like wasting people time, and even more I hate refunding because that means I am losing money, and I know no one likes losing money.

Thats all I have for know

thanks,

Logan Westerman
    Owner Of IDeviceGuys,LLC
    03-28-2014 11:26 PM
    Nothing, other then on the 26th he sent 3 emails before opening a claim 2 of which I was asleep, I am human just like everyone else, so then by his 3rd I just hadn't had a chance to respond two, he kept replying to the same email as well and anyone familiar with gmail knows that it threads conversations and pushes new emails to the top with the 2 older ones. I get a lot of emails, I have a lot of website traffic, and I try my best to answer emails in the order they are received but if you keep responding to the same email thread, 30,45, an hour apart it keeps moving you up on the list. So by the time i got to his third email he opened a claim. I saw what happened got the order canceled and with in 5-10 minutes of the claim I went a submitted the refund.

Now lets talk about few things I want to touch on.
    Everyone in this game is a middleman I dont care if you go to Me(IDeviceGuys), Chronic, SwiftUnlocks, etc we are all middlemen. Some of us have good connections with a source some dont, some unlocker go through multiple middleman its just crazy, anyone claiming to be "direct" I can almost guarantee there lying. Anywho my point to this is lets say you want to cancel an unlock. (Keep in mind most unlockers won't do this) I go ok I go to my source and go hey i need to cancel 0133XXXXXXXXIMEI. As soon as I get the OK its cancel i can refund, often times what happens though is my source will try to get it pushed up and done, but at times it doesn't happen. But to keep my self secured I got to make sure I get it confirmed canceled. Then I can submit refund usually its pretty quick depending on the time of day

Now I am not going to down play this at all, but what I am going to say is because of what happened today I made some huge changes to my site to better help my customers and myself, to help set better expectations and hopefully overall give a better experience. I am not perfect I don't claim to be I make mistakes this business is a hard business, because i am not selling a physical or even digital good, I am providing a digital service. Which as far as I know there is really only a few things i can think of that are digital services, and its a hard market.

But i dont run and hide I confront most things if I can see them or they are brought to my attention because I want to be active and I want my side to the reason why something happened or didn't happen to be heard. And i know what you all are thinking going well this is the third person in this thread too have a bad experience, well one had a bad experience and i wouldn't even say bad experience just not what he wanted turn good, I try to make things as right as I can. I don't like wasting people time, and even more I hate refunding because that means I am losing money, and I know no one likes losing money.

Thats all I have for know

thanks,

Logan Westerman
    Owner Of IDeviceGuys,LLC
    It's safe to say that your stock just went up....
    lwesterman01 likes this.
    03-29-2014 11:00 AM
    It's safe to say that your stock just went up....
    Thank you
    Just_Me_D and GA Plugz like this.
    03-29-2014 11:21 AM
    I placed orders with iDeviceGuys on April 3rd to get my iPhone 5 and 5s unlocked for an upcoming trip to Asia. Too early to comment on their success of course, but their responsiveness on this forum definitely influenced my decision to give them a shot. I bought the slightly slower 100% success service for both.
    lwesterman01 likes this.
    04-06-2014 05:29 PM
    I filled out the AT&T request for unlocking my iPhone 5s last week and after a couple days I got declined because I am still on contract. Yesterday, I did an online chat with AT&T and within a couple hours, they unlocked my phone. It is worth trying this route, which is free.
    04-08-2014 08:41 PM
    Care to update sickchilly?
    04-09-2014 08:19 AM
    I filled out the AT&T request for unlocking my iPhone 5s last week and after a couple days I got declined because I am still on contract. Yesterday, I did an online chat with AT&T and within a couple hours, they unlocked my phone. It is worth trying this route, which is free.
    I recommend trying the carriers first sometime you get a nice rep but for a lot of people its not always that easy especially if they dont have an account with the carrier the phone is locked to often times.
    04-09-2014 11:40 PM
    Care to update sickchilly?
    Are you asking me or him?
    If its to me I can't because I am not sure what his IMEI or Email is based off a username on this forum to look up an order.

Side note guys if you have a question about an order or questions before placing an order, I would recommend emailing me other then pm'ing if at all possible. I try to check the forums as much as I can but I just started working a second job on top of doing all this and a few side projects i got going so its hard to find the time especially during the week. So if you pm me I am not attentional ignoring you I just havent had the time to check and respond.
    Thanks
    04-09-2014 11:45 PM
    I have submitted for a 6 day unlock about 8 or 9 business days ago and yet have no gotten my unlock. Or have I heard back from anyone when trying to contact them.
    04-13-2014 04:34 PM
    I recommend trying the carriers first sometime you get a nice rep but for a lot of people its not always that easy especially if they dont have an account with the carrier the phone is locked to often times.
    On your site you say 80 percent done what's that mean ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-13-2014 06:14 PM
    On your site you say 80 percent done what's that mean ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    The success rate of unlocks using that specific service.
    04-16-2014 02:14 PM
    I have taken 100% unlock service 3 times and everytime there was no luck. Service really sucks and you dont get email reply easily.. You have to mail him at least 5 times to get a response. At the end of waste of time..
    04-23-2014 05:54 AM
    I haven't gotten an unlock yet but I've emailed with questions and gotten a quick reply each time.
    04-23-2014 06:38 AM
    Hi all, after reading the good reviews for IDeviceGuys I decided to go ahead to purchase an unlock. Sad to say, the service I've received thus far has not been up to my expectations based on these reviews. Here's my service experience:

TL;DR: I purchased a 1-6 business days unlock but have yet to receive an outcome or a refund on the 11th business day. You have to reach out to IDeviceGuys for a reply; they do not always reply consistently if at all.

1. Purchased "At&t (All Models) Speedy Unlock (1-6 Business days) 100% Done Item" on 24 April.
    2. Did not hear anything for 5 business days. Sent a follow-up email on 2 May (6th business day).
    3. Received a reply on the same day: "I will take a look shortly".
    4. Did not receive a reply and followed-up again on 6 May (8th business day).
    5. Received a reply on the same day: "If i dont know by morning i will refund".
    6. Did not receive a reply or receive a refund. Sent another follow-up email on 7 May (9th business day).
    7. Did not receive a reply. Sent a PM to "lwesterman01" on this forum on 8 May (10th business day).
    8. Have yet to receive a reply; it is now May 9 (11th business day).

Will post updates on the unlock as soon as I receive them.
    05-09-2014 04:45 AM
    Update: Was refunded the full amount as of May 9 (11th business day) as the unlock failed.
    05-11-2014 01:23 PM
    I wanted to get an unlock from these guys so I messaged them here, Facebook, and 3 times on twitter asking about their service. No response at all. Even saw the Logan guy was tweeting last night about basketball but couldn't tweet me back about business. I find it funny because not to many days ago he was on twitter crying about his site not working right and losing money. Well here I am with money wanting an unlock done, but no response at all about my inquiry. Cool. I'll take my business to chronic or cellfservices as they actually respond to people.
    05-13-2014 04:03 PM
    Used them to unlock my FILs 3GS. Worked like a charm.

That being said, they don't answer because they have a no refund policy. They'll keep your payment whether the unlock works or not.

Edit: I guess they changed the policy as someone in this thread for a refund, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    05-24-2014 06:43 AM
    I placed an order a week ago for 1-3 day service, the tracking page still says "in progress", trying to find out how I can get an update on where things stand. I've emailed the address that came with the Paypal receipt and via the contact page.
    06-18-2014 02:32 PM
    Quick update, after ordering the 4/4S/5 unlock two weeks ago from ideviceguys I finally got a message saying my order has been rejected as the phone is not the correct model. A little absurd as I'm typing this in the very same iPhone 5. I'm hopeful for a refund but the process is painful, I needed this done for an upcoming international trip and now have less than two weeks after wasting two weeks waiting for my 1-3 Day unlock.

I don't think they're a scam but the process and customer service leaves a lit to be desired.
    06-22-2014 09:25 AM
    I read the reports on ripoffreport.com

Ripoff Report | ideviceguys Search of Complaints & Reviews

Service was supposed to be provided in 10-15 days. After 25 days and being strung along with no unlock for the iphone 5, it's refund time.

No response on the refund request through emails. After reading the claims on that site and seeing correspondence about other users that haven't gotten their phones unlocked or refunded on a few different forums, I sought the advice of the post on the ripoffreport.com and filed a paypal claim while I still can.

Perhaps the service is legit, perhaps not.

I don't care to find out at this point. If you can't unlock the phone within the specified time as stated on the website, the refund should be automatic. Since it is not, the process needs to be revised before advertising a service!!!

AT&T will unlock my phone after it has been in service with AT&T for 60 days, so I'm going that route.
    06-22-2014 07:45 PM
    I ordered the 1-3 day service from Cowboy's ideviceguys.com over one week ago. Despite many messages (email, Twitter, Facebook) requesting an update I have received zero response. This is either a scam or the worst run business operation I've ever experienced. Further, I learned that any low-star testimonial attempts on their website are considered "invalid" and the form will not accept them.

I will update if there are any changes.
    06-23-2014 05:45 PM
    I finally got a response from Cowboy last night after a personal Twitter message. He was polite, and my phone was unlocked within one hour of our communication. I can confirm that their service does work. However, after paying $140 for the express 1-3 day service, and then only getting what I paid for nearly 8 days later after 3 messages through their website, 3 Tweets, 2 Facebook posts and 1 email, I'm not sure I could recommend this service. What would have happened if I never sent all those messages?

Its a shame, because if the customer service component and execution was better, they would have a killer business with a steady stream of customers.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    06-24-2014 06:22 AM
    I have an iPhone 5 that i bought from a friend who now has an iPhone 5s. Both under At&t. How does the $30 Unlock work? I Want to use my T Mobile Sim Card
    07-03-2014 11:58 PM
    I have an iPhone 5 that i bought from a friend who now has an iPhone 5s. Both under At&t. How does the $30 Unlock work? I Want to use my T Mobile Sim Card
    Can I suggest that you ask your friend to call AT&T to have the iPhone unlocked? You might be able to do it yourself since you have AT&T as well. However, your friend has had it registered on their account for a while (I assume).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-04-2014 08:34 AM
61 123