Back to iOS and have a question about calendar apps

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
So I'm back to iOS and my new iPhone 5s, have a question about Calendar apps? Whats the best app to use that works the best with Google Calendar? I've been using Calenmob which is great but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to display on the notifications menu a upcoming agenda.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the drop down menu under today in notification center? I believe that only works with the native calendar. Maybe add your google calendar to the native app and it will show.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There are lots of great calendar apps for the iPhone. Fantastical is probably the most popular among users here, but I myself use Sunrise. I also have Cal by AnyDo installed, and it's nice, but I use Sunrise as my primary calendar. It's also free, a plus! :)

Here's a screenshot of it in action:
photo.jpg

Oh, and Sunrise does work with your Google Calendar, that's what I'm using.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Fantastical is very good. I use the native app. It works well for me. Good luck finding an app that works for you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The native calendar works fine but I am really appreciating Fantastical 2 after using it about a week. I don't think I could go back to the native calendar.

Sent using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the Native app as my go to everyday calendar app and Fantastical 2 for business just to seperate makes it easier for me.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You really should try WeekCal, it's really the best calendar, offers you any possible view and is high configurable AND it just looks damn awesome! Most people think that it just offers a week view because of its name but it's really outstanding. It can also handle Google calendar and you can add other calendars too, like sport and holidays etc.

It's available for iPhone and iPad, but the look of the iPad version isn't finished for iOS 7. It also has any thinkable feature like TextExpander support, templates, actions, in-line editing, automatically setting icons (emojis) for entries and a lot more.

Here are some screen shots of the iPhone version:

3y2a8e3u.jpg

3a8e9uqu.jpg

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
One problem are the restricted views. For example the month view of the iPhone is poor and the week view for iPhone doesn't even has a portrait week view 😱
You can't see all events at a glance and have to scroll a lot :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods