I have been using Android for the last few years, however the 5S has tickled my fancy. This afternoon I spent a couple of hours playing with a friends iPhone 5S just to see how it works and how it would suit my needs.

After weeks of research, reading forums and today having a fondle of a 5S I have decided to jump from Android and to an iPhone 5S.

My only problem now is to choose a color, it's either the Space Grey or Silver but i just can't make my mind up so I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on colors, do any of the colors easily wear, chip or discolor?
    EmceeGeek and nikkisharif like this.
    01-31-2014 04:44 PM
    Space Grey shows nicks more than silver but it's still nice.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊
    01-31-2014 04:46 PM
    Space Grey shows nicks more than silver but it's still nice.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Decisions, Decisions & More Decisions .....
    01-31-2014 04:52 PM
    I went from a black/slate 5 to a white/gold 5s.

It's entirely a matter of taste, especially if you go with one of the Apple leather cases.

I quite liked both. So I'm of the view you can't go really wrong here. Space Grey probably wears easier, as my slate 5 certainly picked up its share of nicks.
    01-31-2014 05:02 PM
    I went from a black/slate 5 to a white/gold 5s.

It's entirely a matter of taste, especially if you go with one of the Apple leather cases.

I quite liked both. So I'm of the view you can't go really wrong here. Space Grey probably wears easier, as my slate 5 certainly picked up its share of nicks.
    Thank you for your reply .... I always like to keep my phones in pristine condition so the Space Grey does worry me a little.
    01-31-2014 05:12 PM
    I have the space Gray, it's my first dark color phone from apple l the previous generations i had the silver or white. I have had my space Gray color iPhone 5s for almost 5 months since it's launch and I have had no problems with it, still looks brand new

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-31-2014 05:15 PM
    I have the space Gray, it's my first dark color phone from apple l the previous generations i had the silver or white. I have had my space Gray color iPhone 5s for almost 5 months since it's launch and I have had no problems with it, still looks brand new

Thanks for your reply, do you use a case?
    01-31-2014 05:22 PM
    Both colors are great...it really comes down to it you want a white or black faceplate.
    01-31-2014 10:14 PM
    I'm a space grey kinda guy. I just love the sliq darkness. The silver and gold are great too though. The gold is a little dressy for my tastes but it looks quite nice. The silver is quite nice too, it really is. It's just a matter of taste. I do hope you'll put a case on it to keep it in great shape (think of the phone, she'll thank you).

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    01-31-2014 10:28 PM
    Got space grey and it's in perfect condition, use official apple leather case and no screen protector.

01-31-2014 10:39 PM
    Thanks for your reply, do you use a case?
    Ya the black leather one by apple

02-01-2014 04:16 AM
    I'm a space grey kinda guy. I just love the sliq darkness. The silver and gold are great too though. The gold is a little dressy for my tastes but it looks quite nice. The silver is quite nice too, it really is. It's just a matter of taste. I do hope you'll put a case on it to keep it in great shape (think of the phone, she'll thank you).

I am OCD when it comes to phones so i will 100% be using front & rear protectors with a case.
    02-01-2014 08:43 AM
    I am OCD when it comes to phones so i will 100% be using front & rear protectors with a case.
    Amen!

Sent from my Titanium 5s
    02-01-2014 09:06 AM
    Both colors are great...it really comes down to it you want a white or black faceplate.

Thanks for your reply. I am swaying towards the Space Grey, but the Silver does look great....
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-01-2014 08:27 PM
    I currently have the Space Grey 32gb. I really wanted the White/Silver one but I didn't feel like being phone-less until the phone came in when I upgraded in November so I opted for the Space Grey. I would still take a White/Silver one but the Space Grey is really growing on me! But I put it in a LifeProof case....so I'm done with my search for another colored iPhone. I can't see the color through the phone anyways Now it's Magenta! Haha, good luck in your decision!!
    02-01-2014 08:57 PM
    After hours of deliberation I have finally decided to go with the Space Grey .... Who would have thought what a hassle it would be choosing a color. It was bad enough deciding to jump from the Android bandwagon to iOS.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my thread, your input has been very helpful.
    02-02-2014 07:42 PM
    After hours of deliberation I have finally decided to go with the Space Grey .... Who would have thought what a hassle it would be choosing a color. It was bad enough deciding to jump from the Android bandwagon to iOS.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my thread, your input has been very helpful.
    It can be a hard choice since they all look so so good. ...but after buying and returning platinum and gold iPhones I settled on 2 space greys...64 and 32GB. Batman like black. :-)

02-02-2014 07:56 PM
    My choice was the Silver as I though the grey was too dark for me and the Gold was nice looking but just didn't have the looks I wanted, so I got myself a otterbox case and now it looks really awesome and protected!
    02-02-2014 10:39 PM
    Silver love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-03-2014 04:33 AM
    I had choice of three and did same love the silver it just matches my cases and stuff more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-03-2014 04:34 AM
    For me it was either space gray or gold........so glad that I went with the 64gb space gray, after looking at the gold, it just didn't fit me. My last iphone was a white 4s and a couple of my friends had the black which I really wanted after some time.
    02-06-2014 01:24 PM