How durable is the iphone 5S?

JBoen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am wondering how strong/durable is the iPhone 5S without a case. I personally like it naked, but i had a bad experience with my iPhone 5, it was scratches all over the iPhone (more at the bezel), so i decided to buy a case (Apple leather case) for my 5S.

Anyone using iphone without a case?

Case sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using mine without acase and it's pretty durable. I have a couple of knicks on my silver part (which I guess is called the bezel). No scratches on the back or screen though. My black iphone 5 scratched with a fingernail.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty durable. I've seen my best friend drop his on a wooden floor and the phone didn't have any damage.
It's better than the iPhone 5 that's for sure.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
What make it more durable than 5? Did apple change the body material? Display material? Anyone had source about this??

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The black 5 was prone to scratching and chipping. The 5S doesn't have this problem. Had mine for close to 5 months no wear even though I use a case 96% of the time.
No drops with out a case.

JBoen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using mine without acase and it's pretty durable. I have a couple of knicks on my silver part (which I guess is called the bezel). No scratches on the back or screen though. My black iphone 5 scratched with a fingernail.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

How bad were the knicks? I would protect the back with the zagg leather, it will be kinda slippery if i dont.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBoen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It is so pretty without a case, i really dislike cases so i guess i will try taking off the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have seen my fair share of cracked iPhone 5s, so I wouldn't say "don't get a case for it" cause you do need it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JBoen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have seen my fair share of cracked iPhone 5s, so I wouldn't say "don't get a case for it" cause you do need it.

How did it happen? And wow you re on samsung now?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How did it happen? And wow you re on samsung now?

Most of my friends and relatives just dropped their iPhones and they cracked. Seems to be a trend as many of them had had an iPhone smashed.. Which is astounding to me...

darksora14562

May 26, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 5 was more prone to scratches and nicks because of the sides of the chamfered edges were anodized in black so it showed up big time on small scratches. For the 5s the finish is not black like the previous iphone 5 so it doesn't scratch as easily

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to be careful with any phone but it's durable. Only difference from the 5 is the paint for the blank model. Consider that part of durability?

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

Merthod

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I take care a lot of my phone. It's been years since I haven't dropped my phone to the floor or something. But I like to always see my phone as if it was new. That's why I use protective screens because of greasy fingers or such. However how durable is the phone really depends on what you do. I've got some friends that enjoy scaling and have had their iphones with special cases and it never ever scratches even from a 20-30 feet bouncy fall.

Just be realist on how are you using the phone and buy some insurance for yourself (a case) if you have slippery fingers or are prone to something. All phones tend to enhance their resistance from the last one but when it happens, it happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73