Questions for Android Converts

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a permanent convert; I still use Android as my daily driver, but love to dabble in all four major platforms.

I use the Google ecosystem a lot, use apps like Tasker and Swype extensively to boost productivity, and while Android is a dig eat dog world, I kind of like the OEM battle.

But Apple is just smooth. The pieces just fit together so well. It has, IMHO, the best ecosystem, and it just feels like if it can be done, iOS will do it.

The customer service us nothing to sniff at either.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a Nexus 4 a few months back when the iPhone 5S came out. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with my experience with the iPhone, but to be perfectly honest, I find myself itching to switch back. There's just something about the stock android experience that I find hard to beat. In a sense, I feel like having a Nexus in my pocket is much closer to having a pocketable computer than using an iPhone. But it all just depends on your preferences. You have much more control over your phone with Android, and depending on now tech savvy you are, certain features could be a deal breaker to you. For example, little things like app placement on the home screen is restricted, deletion of application cache data on iOS is practically non-existent unless you like to delete and reinstall apps (which I don't).

On the flip side though, you can get a lot of Google's services now on iOS as well. Play Music, google now, google maps. They're all there and present, but coming back to the restrictions, I feel like their functionality is just a bit more limited than their Android counterparts (for obvious reasons).

For me, it boils down to this: what do you see yourself needing more out of your device? The way that I always explain and talk to people about iOS vs Android is usability vs utility. iOS is incredibly usable. It's easy to just pick it up and go. But there's Android on the other hand. I feel like it's a more utilable OS.

That's just a question you'll have to answer for yourself. I hope I helped, though!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 4 -> Nexus S -> iPhone 3GS -> HTC Amaze -> iPhone 5 -> iPhone 5s.

No real advice to give other than to sync your stuff --contacts, etc.

Also, if you hate using iTunes, as I do, use the Google Play Music app (US-only) to keep your non-Apple music on your phone. It works nicely.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I am a very newbie here..just convert from android to ios..im not a customization kind of guy..im leave my android stock as possible..not change anything from the day i buy it..for me android i like it mostly cause it can easily integrate with my window PC..i do a lot of my university work on android and synch it with my Window PC..i just bought this iphone out of curiosity last 2 week..im now taking long break holiday after final exam..not sure how its going to work after im started back my study next month..will let you know my experience with iphone when my class started back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SolarPlexus

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
New convert from an HTC Evo. It was a great phone. And there many things I prefer about the Android OS. iOS7 sold it for me.(And to be fair I have been using ipads and ipod touches for years so the transition is pretty easy for me. And Google apps on the iphone are pretty good! So I have the same Gmail experience (I don't mess with Apple's mail app) I also have Google Now. :) I DO wish the screen were bigger, but I bought a Galaxy Tab LTE as a stand in. :)
Looking forward to a long relationship with the 5S. :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
New convert from an HTC Evo. It was a great phone. And there many things I prefer about the Android OS. iOS7 sold it for me.(And to be fair I have been using ipads and ipod touches for years so the transition is pretty easy for me. And Google apps on the iphone are pretty good! So I have the same Gmail experience (I don't mess with Apple's mail app) I also have Google Now. :) I DO wish the screen were bigger, but I bought a Galaxy Tab LTE as a stand in. :)
Looking forward to a long relationship with the 5S. :)

I loved my Evo so much LOL...I hated Sprint thought!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2