Possible charging issue?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I put my 5S on charge at 3:56 PM it's now 5:57 PM and my phone is only 69% charged.

I'm using the wall charger and cable that came with my 5S when I got it new at bell.

I have cellular data off and wifi on, I don't use iCloud at all, I don't use the mail app.

I'm just wondering what can I do to narrow down what the issue is. Restoring is my last resort. I have a feeling it might be how cold I keep my room.

If there is anymore info you need just let me know.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Meaning did it shut off on you complete battery drain

Is the phone or brick really hot?

Two hours is long but not that long of a time frame I'm not sure what the charge time for a 5s is

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Meaning did it shut off on you complete battery drain

Is the phone or brick really hot?

Two hours is long but not that long of a time frame I'm not sure what the charge time for a 5s is

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

No it's not warm or hot.
After 2 hours it's suppose to be at 80%

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I use an Apple USB cord with the MacBook brick and it charges super fast.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe OP should start make some experiment..try charge again inside your cool room..note the time..and then outside warm room..note the time..take several reading..i suspect something is wrong with your wall charging plug? Does it share with many other plug? Cause current do reduce when its share too many charging plug on the same wall plug..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did some more testing and it's either my 5S or my wall charger than came with my 5S doesn't like how cool my room is. My iPod touch that is right beside it using the cable that came with it and my 4S charger are fine. Also my battery life is not being affected by how slow my 5S is charging.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I did some more testing and it's either my 5S or my wall charger than came with my 5S doesn't like how cool my room is. My iPod touch that is right beside it using the cable that came with it and my 4S charger are fine. Also my battery life is not being affected by how slow my 5S is charging.

Have you tried holding down both the power button and the home button at the same time until you see the apple logo? Then release both buttons ... I have had the charging problem in the past and this worked for me. I believe it may have been a iOS software process that happened to be gummed up.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After more testing looks like it's how cool the room is that's affecting how fast it's charging.

For the record I put a thermometer in that room and found out it was 10?C which helps my gaming PC stay cooler during the winter.

Also I'm in canada so I'm use to a room being 10?C :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2