Hello, I recently received the Lifeproof nuud for my 5s, and the screen protector that came with it didn't work to well, so I was wondering if a normal one would work with this case or would it mess the seals up? I'll include the link including the brand of protector im using, Thank you!

Amazon.com: meOne iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium HD Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector [6-Pack] + Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    01-22-2014 09:32 PM
    A screen protector will mess up the seal. That is the reason why they include a screen protector that only covers a certain part of the screen.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-22-2014 10:19 PM
    A screen protector will mess up the seal. That is the reason why they include a screen protector that only covers a certain part of the screen.

Dang..thank you for responding.
    01-22-2014 10:28 PM

Not entirely true....it still seals, just does so against the screen protector and not the actual screen. Source: I've done it, dunked my phone and it didn't get wet inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LuckRocks likes this.
    01-23-2014 01:35 PM
    Not entirely true....it still seals, just does so against the screen protector and not the actual screen. Source: I've done it, dunked my phone and it didn't get wet inside.

Make sure you tell that to life proof if it fails because of you and your phone is ruined. Won't be their fault, they said not to use one with the case.

01-23-2014 01:49 PM
    Make sure you tell that to life proof if it fails because of you and your phone is ruined. Won't be their fault, they said not to use one with the case.

If that happened, I wouldn't be crying to lifeproof anyway ...

01-23-2014 01:50 PM
    If that happened, I wouldn't be crying to lifeproof anyway ...

You might not but there will be someone else who will. Point of these forums is to inform people, not steer them in the wrong direction. Lifeproof tells tells us not to use third party protectors.

taz323 likes this.
    01-23-2014 02:14 PM
    You might not but there will be someone else who will. Point of these forums is to inform people, not steer them in the wrong direction. Lifeproof tells tells us not to use third party protectors.

True, but if the op was concerned with what life proof "tells us to do" then he/she would have already had their answer and wouldn't have even considered doing this in the first place.

01-23-2014 02:16 PM

What kind of screen protector did you use?
    01-25-2014 08:39 AM
    What kind of screen protector did you use?
    Just a generic anti glare from amazon...amFilm (TM) Premium Screen Protector Film Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) for Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 (3 Pack) [Lifetime Warranty]
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009EJBBVU...mUvbUpU2178516

01-25-2014 08:41 AM
    Just a generic anti glare from amazon...amFilm (TM) Premium Screen Protector Film Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) for Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 (3 Pack) [Lifetime Warranty]
    Amazon.com: amFilm (TM) Premium Screen Protector Film Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) for Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5 (3 Pack) [Lifetime Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

You just put the whole screen protector on and put the case on?
    01-25-2014 08:04 PM
    Yep.

LuckRocks likes this.
    01-25-2014 08:08 PM
    Yep.

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot !
    01-25-2014 08:51 PM
    No problem!

01-25-2014 08:53 PM
    I've also done this. If I mess up the phone than it's my fault.
    01-25-2014 08:55 PM
    I've also done this. If I mess up the phone than it's my fault.
    Or IF that happens, take the screen protector off. No one will ever know

LuckRocks likes this.
    01-25-2014 08:56 PM

And that, friends, is called fraud.
    anon8383645 likes this.
    01-26-2014 02:58 PM
    And that, friends, is called fraud.
    Yep, I'm a terrible person

LuckRocks likes this.
    01-26-2014 02:58 PM
    Hello, I recently received the Lifeproof nuud for my 5s, and the screen protector that came with it didn't work to well, so I was wondering if a normal one would work with this case or would it mess the seals up? I'll include the link including the brand of protector im using, Thank you!

Amazon.com: meOne iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium HD Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector [6-Pack] + Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I installed the included screen protector with my 5S Nuud and it lasted for about 30 minutes before I removed it. It's pointless and it looked sloppy. You buy a Nuud case so you can have uninterrupted access to your screen.
    01-27-2014 12:57 PM

And LP will still tell you to pound sand with your broken phone. They don't cover phones.
    01-27-2014 12:59 PM
    And LP will still tell you to pound sand with your broken phone. They don't cover phones.
    Well that just makes my method sound like an even better idea since they won't cover your phone anyway

zerog46 likes this.
    01-27-2014 01:00 PM
    I called Lifeproof and they admitted to me that the Nuud will work with a Glass screen protector, .2mm or thinner. Thye tell me that people use the Belkin Invisishield all the time (.2mm). MIME makes a .15mm glass shield.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    05-18-2014 12:26 PM
    I found a glass screen protector that works well with the nuud case from a company called Teqii. It was the only one I could find that is made to fit the case. It actually fits in the opening and doesn't cover the whole screen, works great so far! It's the Teqii Glass2 Mini, hope this helps. Now I don't have to worry if the case is completely sealed, and I've already tried it in the water! I found it at teqii.com
    06-09-2014 11:26 PM
    Every ZAGG screen protector except our Extreme invisibleSHIELD seems to work and reportedly does not mess up the waterproof seal.
    06-12-2014 09:28 AM
    Dang..thank you for responding.
    Hello so a regular screen protector will not mess up the seals burn it will make it so that you cannot press the home button -A jk. -carys
    10-30-2016 08:39 AM