Is there a way to change the stock keyboard?

indydrummer

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, I traded my note 3 for a 5s space grey. Plus I ordered my wife and I both the golds. So I'll have two 5s only 16 gigs but I'll have one of each space grey or gold to swap as I need to for whatever reason. I think all I'll need to do is swap the SIM card. Two big issues for me is I feel like I was much more productive on the android especially with the note 3 along with its s pen. But I welcome the tiny screen in ways as for throwing in pockets or just not being a brick and the iphone keyboard bites without a swype or swiftkey type of functions. Those are the hard things for me to get acclimated to and that I gotta find some decent normal ringtones and alerts for these iPhones lol. I really want to give the iPhones a fair shot but I am a tech junky so I change phones and electronics constantly but hope I can simmer that down and be more consistent with something as a go to everyday device that is real practical. Do you guys know of anyway to change stock keyboard, have any tips for a new 5s user coming back for another try from androids?

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I feel you. I picked up a gold 5S. I've been a longtime Android user and have dabbled with iOS. The Note 3, as big and clunky as it is, is calling out to me, and I'm fighting the urge to get it again. I like iOS. I like how fluid it is. I like how stable it is, and I love the hardware. Just gotta fight the urge.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I traded my note 3 for a 5s space grey. Plus I ordered my wife and I both the golds. So I'll have two 5s only 16 gigs but I'll have one of each space grey or gold to swap as I need to for whatever reason. I think all I'll need to do is swap the SIM card. Two big issues for me is I feel like I was much more productive on the android especially with the note 3 along with its s pen. But I welcome the tiny screen in ways as for throwing in pockets or just not being a brick and the iphone keyboard bites without a swype or swiftkey type of functions. Those are the hard things for me to get acclimated to and that I gotta find some decent normal ringtones and alerts for these iPhones lol. I really want to give the iPhones a fair shot but I am a tech junky so I change phones and electronics constantly but hope I can simmer that down and be more consistent with something as a go to everyday device that is real practical. Do you guys know of anyway to change stock keyboard, have any tips for a new 5s user coming back for another try from androids?

As of now there aren't any keyboard alternatives for the iPhone other than changing how it looks but in terms of ringtones you can get any ringtone your android has just search for it and if you jailbreak you can use unlimtones for your ringtone needs. Even let's you make ringtones from your songs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I too came from a Note 3. Using a 5S 64GB. I am not a fan of android tablets except for the N7. Anything bigger and I feel the tablet is too oblong. I love my iPad Air and my Macbook Retina Pro. The iPhone works best with the rest of my gear.

Having said that, I really miss Swiftkey. The iOS's keyboard is, for lack of a better word... primitive IMO. I also pine for a larger screen... not necessarily Note 3 size, but bigger than the current size. I think the iPhone can be bigger and still be pocketable. Even with skinny jeans.

I know of one way to use a different keyboard, albeit in what some would deem a clunky way. I am using the Fleksy keyboard in conjunction with Launch Center Pro.

LCP is a fantastic app. I cant believe there isnt much discussion here about it. Its basically a macro app for iOS and 3rd party apps that support its API.

Check both of them out. You may not care for Fleksy, but I think you will love LCP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As of now there aren't any keyboard alternatives for the iPhone other than changing how it looks but in terms of ringtones you can get any ringtone your android has just search for it and if you jailbreak you can use unlimtones for your ringtone needs. Even let's you make ringtones from your songs.

How do you change the way the keyboard looks?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel you. I picked up a gold 5S. I've been a longtime Android user and have dabbled with iOS. The Note 3, as big and clunky as it is, is calling out to me, and I'm fighting the urge to get it again. I like iOS. I like how fluid it is. I like how stable it is, and I love the hardware. Just gotta fight the urge.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

I have both a Note 3 and iPhone 5c. I think I'd be pretty bad off if I had to choose one or the other....

They are both great in their own ways.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There's no other options unless you jailbreak. I don't have a problem with the native keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Zedge just made its way to iOS recently and it works great but can be somewhat confusing.