is there a way to do this on ios 7? i'll admit I'm a convert from android to ios. (we'll leave that argument for another day)

I'm using to just dialing the numbers that correspond to the name of a friend, family member, etc.. and that name display and then call that contact (e.g. 323 would be "dad")
    is there a similar way to do this on the iphone?

thanks!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-20-2014 08:13 PM
    I don't think so. I know what you are talking about.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-20-2014 09:53 PM
    I use Siri and find it much simpler than number dialing. If you go to the App Store there are apps for what you are looking for.
    01-20-2014 09:54 PM
    is there a way to do this on ios 7? i'll admit I'm a convert from android to ios. (we'll leave that argument for another day)

I'm using to just dialing the numbers that correspond to the name of a friend, family member, etc.. and that name display and then call that contact (e.g. 323 would be "dad")

thanks!
    I miss that too but have since gotten used to using the contacts app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-20-2014 11:25 PM
    I use a app called Buzz Contacts to do this. I've been using since the summer of 2012 when I got a 4S on iOS 6.
    I tried finding it in the App Store and couldn't find it. I searched for it through my purchased apps but it's no listing in the App Store they must have removed it. It was made by Savvy Apps

Update:

I found this on Savvy Apps support page.

Why is Buzz Contacts no longer in the App Store?
    Buzz Contacts has always been limited on iOS by not having access to call history, voicemails, and similar items. With the arrival of iOS 7, we had hoped to see progress on these fronts. Since that is not the case, we unfortunately could not justify further investment into this app and decided to remove it from the App Store.
    Effective September 18, 2013, we will no longer be providing support for Buzz Contacts. The knowledge base will be left open for a period of time to assist answering the most common questions.
    01-21-2014 12:16 AM

thanks!
    And it would be incredibly prophetic if one dialed their ex wife (the kids' Mom) by dialing 666. #irony
    Last edited by Fausty82; 01-21-2014 at 08:41 AM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-21-2014 12:20 AM

thanks!
    I've been waiting on this feature since I left Android a year and a half ago. This mess still irks me to this day. I have hopes that 1 day it will happen...I won't hold my breath though
    kazp3r17 likes this.
    01-21-2014 01:18 AM
    I've been waiting on this feature since I left Android a year and a half ago. This mess still irks me to this day. I have hopes that 1 day it will happen...I won't hold my breath though
    I couldn't remember "dad" is 323 along with 15 other close family members...I use Siri much easier.
    01-21-2014 05:13 AM
    just set them as a favorite

iPhone doesn't do speed dial

that's old school
    Fausty82 likes this.
    01-21-2014 06:05 AM
    just set them as a favorite

iPhone doesn't do speed dial

that's old school
    He's not talking about speed dial really. He's saying for instance the name of the person is mom you would type the numbers that correspond with the letters of the name on the keypad. So it would be 666 for mom and t would also work if you started typing out the actual phone it would suggest the number you're trying to call so you don't have to finish typing it like you do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-21-2014 07:02 AM
    This is the app Buzz Contacts that use. Unfortunately it was discontinued.

01-21-2014 09:29 AM
    @iEd

Just thought I'd let you know that I know you stole the CrookedI/SlaughterHouse lyrics and remixed it as your own. I know Steve Jobs was into biting and jacking innovations but yo.. don't do that with Hip-Hop please.
    01-21-2014 11:57 AM
    I'm not aware of any. Check out App Store. Thank goodness for Siri.
    01-21-2014 12:13 PM
    I couldn't remember "dad" is 323 along with 15 other close family members...I use Siri much easier.
    Siri & I aren't really on speaking terms right now plus he (I changed the voice) never understands the last names and I have yet to add nicknames to everyone.

@iEd

Just thought I'd let you know that I know you stole the CrookedI/SlaughterHouse lyrics and remixed it as your own. I know Steve Jobs was into biting and jacking innovations but yo.. don't do that with Hip-Hop please.
    Anyone into Hip Hop knows those lyrics came from "The What" by Biggie. Its not like he's trying to sell them for profit, its just a signature.
    01-21-2014 02:56 PM
    Siri & I aren't really on speaking terms right now plus he (I changed the voice) never understands the last names and I have yet to add nicknames to everyone.
    Siri doesn't seem like a male name. Maybe the name should be changed to Steve for the male voice.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-21-2014 03:12 PM
    @iEd

What in the hell are you taking about? My sig is from The What, Biggie and Method Man.

"Biggie Smalls is the illest, your style is played out
    Like Arnold wondered, "What you talkin 'bout Willis?"

You think I'm claiming this as my own? it's just a play on a quote
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-21-2014 03:12 PM
    Siri doesn't seem like a male name. Maybe the name should be changed to Steve for the male voice.
    Agreed!!!
    01-21-2014 03:25 PM
    Agreed!!!
    In honor of Steve Jobs.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-21-2014 03:27 PM
    Chill guy's. I was just messing with you. Even slaughterhouse jacked it from Biggie.

Sent from my m'fkin Z10 using the Mobile Nations App.
    01-21-2014 04:11 PM
    Try apps like "Simpler Contacts" or "Instacall".
    07-20-2015 08:40 PM
    What in the hell are you taking about? My sig is from The What, Biggie and Method Man.

"Biggie Smalls is the illest, your style is played out
    Like Arnold wondered, "What you talkin 'bout Willis?"

You think I'm claiming this as my own? it's just a play on a quote
    07-07-2016 10:29 PM
    Your style is played out like Arnold and that , "What you talking about Willis"*
    07-07-2016 10:31 PM

thanks!
    My prefix of my phone number is MISsion the the following 4 numbers.

Like MISion 1111. Not my number just an example. I would dial MIS 1111. Always works.
    07-07-2016 10:35 PM