Chipping or Scratches on Space Grey 5s

hooplvr

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same chipping/scratching issues on their Space Grey 5s as with the Slate 5. Thx

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
It's much more durable than the iPhone 5's Slate coloring, but I have gotten quite a few scratches. Majority are I'm the conferred edges around the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I want to believe that the 5s uses a tougher grade of aluminum or a more durable anodization.

Sent from the champagne 5s

demedcj

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any scratches on mine. A little chipped on the side because i dropped it. Still waiting for my case to get here :mad:

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
None here. Mine has had front/back protectors and a case since day one. I only take it out of the case for a little while when I'm home or in the office.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a scratch on mine because I have a solild case. If you truly want to be scratch-free then get a reliable case. Other than that, you will. Only a matter of time.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I only use the official leather case from apple and no screen protector...I do take the phone off the case often to wipe it down and it's spotless, no scratches at all

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I wonder about the glass on the iPhone. I've heard its not Gorilla glass but we don't how scratch impervious it is...so I'm always gonna use a screen protector. I found the tempered glass screen protectors to be great, and Zagg Invisible Shield HD is always a winner for me too.

Sent from my iRidium 128GB iPad Air LTE

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder about the glass on the iPhone. I've heard its not Gorilla glass but we don't how scratch impervious it is...so I'm always gonna use a screen protector. I found the tempered glass screen protectors to be great, and Zagg Invisible Shield HD is always a winner for me too.

Sent from my iRidium 128GB iPad Air LTE

For what it's worth I have had an iPhone 4, 4s, 5 and now a 5s and have never had a scratch on my screen. I have used screen protectors some of the time. Probably about half the time actually. I have a tech armor protector on my 5s. I like their screen protectors because I actually forget it's on the phone. I normally hate using one.

Sent using Tapatalk

demedcj

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Case after the chip huh?

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA

I ordered the case before I got the chip. I should've ordered it before I even got the phone lol. I should call UPS actually. The case has been stuck in Cali for almost 4 days for some reason.

Sent using Teletraan I

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the case before I got the chip. I should've ordered it before I even got the phone lol. I should call UPS actually. The case has been stuck in Cali for almost 4 days for some reason.

Sent using Teletraan I

That really sucks! UPS doesn't usually hold packages, that's strange. See what's going on.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh