It is the carrier id by the signal bars. It is called the carrier logo. In IOS6 there was a program available for download for windows or Mac that allowed you to change the logo to pretty much whatever you want. You can also create your own logo with Photoshop. This is all possible with out jailbreaking your phone. However with IOS 7 it is no longer possible to change the carrier logo without jailbreaking.
    When I was jailbroken I changed mine but I never knew it could be done without jailbreaking. Learn something new every day!
    01-21-2014 03:14 PM
    Nobody even even slightly suggested jailbreaking. The whole question that started this topic is if anyone knew how to simply change the logo WITHOUT jailbreaking. No one EVER suggested jailbreaking. Just the opposite.
    Several people mentioned jailbreaking. Anyway, I went to the website you posted and they have an update that says you can't do it without jailbreaking on iOS7.

So the answer to your question is no. At least not yet.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-21-2014 05:51 PM
    I did this back when the first jailbreak and third party app store hit the iPhone. Had a pretty colored, T-Mobile logo up there replace the standard text. Looking back on it now... Not sure why I cared.
    01-27-2014 01:02 PM
    Did you find a way to change carrier name ?? My service provider is cytamobile Vodafone, the name is too long and creates a bug/lag that slows down the iPhone 5/5S...!! That is a legit reason to change it. (Don't want jailbreak solutions as well)
    07-14-2014 12:30 PM
    Can't be done without Jailbreaking the iDevice.
    07-22-2014 10:14 AM
    I had heard of a program called Carrier Editor. Anyone hear of that? It's suppose to change the carrier name in the status bar. But that was a while back. ?

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    07-22-2014 03:34 PM
31 12