Thinking of Trading my Note 3 for iPhone 5s..

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's why I have a jail broken 5S and a rooted Note 3. Love them both, and will always have both platforms that I can switch from when tired of either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be difficult for myself to maintain a two device thing going as I hate fumbling around for things...

But if it works for ya, it's cool.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and a Note 3 and to be honest, the Note 3 is a PITA. Whilst the screen is great, the device is too big and the OS is flaky as all hell.

I'm going to persevere with the Note 3 and then sell it when the iPhone 6 comes out.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That's why I have a jail broken 5S and a rooted Note 3. Love them both, and will always have both platforms that I can switch from when tired of either

Ditto here too. Having multiple OS's to play with keeps me entertained.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.

mafarth

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have both a 5S and a Note 3. The Note 3 came first, and the reason I bought a 5S was because I have an iMac desktop and Android doesn't play nicely with OS X; I find the OS X Android File Transfer app awkward and unreliable.

So I bought a 5S, and yes the integration with OS X is better. But the reason I've gone back to the Note 3 (whether temporarily or permanently I don't know) is because I just find the 5S screen too small. I do a lot of web browsing, ebook reading and emailing, and I find the 5S screen just isn't in the same league as the Note 3's, which just makes me feel good every time I look at it - especially with a nice wallpaper. I also find the 5S's on-screen keyboard too fiddly, whereas the Note's is a joy to use and - a big plus - has letters and numbers on the same screen. The Samsung will also 'learn' your written style and make intelligent predictions of the word you want. If you want to do that on the iPhone, you need to use SwiftKey (or similar) and then, because iOS SwifytKey for some bizarre reason produces an (unalterable) large font, you have to sync with Evernote and then copy and paste into Mail. The Note 3 does it directly in your email app.

The Note has 4.4 Kit Kat, which I find excellent - quick and smooth, and in my experience just as good as iOS 7.1. It will also multi-task - you can set up multiple windows on the screen. Android will give you widgets (iOS won't), which I find very useful and allow you to customize the screens in an aesthetically pleasing way.

As regards syncing with the iMac, I've now turned the Mac into a dual boot machine with Ubuntu as the second OS - problem solved; you can transfer files just as easily as you can with Windows.

Downsides of the Note are that the build quality is not as good as the iPhone (though in practice I can't say this is a problem for me), and obviously it feels bigger in the pocket. But for me, for now anyway, the pros outweigh the cons.

Hope this helps.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my Note 3 and am meeting up with someone in the morning for a 5s. It'll be my first 5s, but I've had a couple iPhones in the past. I swore I wouldn't come back until they made a bigger one, but my son has an ipod and he spends time at his mom's house so he wants to be able to facetime and imessage me. Only issue is it's an AT&T iphone 5s and I'm on T-Mobile so I'll have to pay for an unlock. Hopefully I'll be able to get the unlock done. If not, off to swappa it'll go.

godzirrasti

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just sold my Note 3 and am meeting up with someone in the morning for a 5s. It'll be my first 5s, but I've had a couple iPhones in the past. I swore I wouldn't come back until they made a bigger one, but my son has an ipod and he spends time at his mom's house so he wants to be able to facetime and imessage me. Only issue is it's an AT&T iphone 5s and I'm on T-Mobile so I'll have to pay for an unlock. Hopefully I'll be able to get the unlock done. If not, off to swappa it'll go.

If the AT&T iPhone is off of contract AT&T should unlock it for free. Tmobile may be able to unlock it as well. I wouldn't pay for that service since it is offered for free by most carriers. I Tmobile will also pay for a trade in from another carrier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
If the AT&T iPhone is off of contract AT&T should unlock it for free. Tmobile may be able to unlock it as well. I wouldn't pay for that service since it is offered for free by most carriers. I Tmobile will also pay for a trade in from another carrier.

At&t will not unlock a phone for a non at&t customer. T-Mobile cannot unlock an at&t phone. I wouldnt sell it to Tmobile just to get a small amount and have to make payments. I will pay for an unlock and if it doesn't work then I'll just resell on swappa and make my money back.

Edit: just picked up the 5s. 16gig Space grey in mint condition. Just ordered the unlock code, should take anywhere from 5-15 days to get it processed though. Damn AT&T making it harder to unlock lol. I'm okay with that though. I still have my G2 to use until the 5s gets unlocked.

Last edited:

godzirrasti

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
At&t will not unlock a phone for a non at&t customer. T-Mobile cannot unlock an at&t phone. I wouldnt sell it to Tmobile just to get a small amount and have to make payments. I will pay for an unlock and if it doesn't work then I'll just resell on swappa and make my money back.

Edit: just picked up the 5s. 16gig Space grey in mint condition. Just ordered the unlock code, should take anywhere from 5-15 days to get it processed though. Damn AT&T making it harder to unlock lol. I'm okay with that though. I still have my G2 to use until the 5s gets unlocked.

So AT&T unlocked the phone for you?