Your on an iPhone forum, of course you'd get flack. If he went over to Android Central, he'd get flack too (and rightfully so). It comes with the territory, and if you felt froggy enough to say something like that here, more power to ya! But when you tell this guy, who is on the forum of the device he prefers, that he is not being "objective" (when the OP didn't even ask for objective discussion)...I mean it just seems odd.

It'd be like going to a Braves home game and telling fans who boo the opposing team that they aren't being objective...lol. I'm sure you understand the kind of response you'd get there...
    I hear ya

ಠ益ಠ
    01-17-2014 06:36 PM
    Iphone has a little better battery and the touch id works good but thats it. The retna display is not as good as the galaxy.I took pictures with the iphone and that same pic looks better on my galaxy. Having a micro sd card is the best you can move files with ease on iphone you cant.and i like playing games on a big screen I am gonna sell my 5s not cause i dont like the iphone its just the galaxy is better for me you need to figure that one out on your own
    01-17-2014 07:13 PM
    What do y'all think? I like the note but I think I want the 5s I never had it. What's y'all opinions? Is the camera really amazing like everyone says? Even in low light?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Do it! I did it! And I'm so happy!! The iPhone 5s is the best and the camera is amazing! I don't think you will regret it! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 07:47 PM
    I have both. 5S is my primary device. Note 3 has many things to like, and it serves me well as a WiFi phablet around the house. I wasn't as happy with the camera in low light or moving objects situations. As others have stated, the 5S camera excels all around.

While I generally like TouchWiz, there are a few bloat ware problems with the Note 3. Hard coding My Magazine to the Home Button was a real disappointment. Short of using a third party launcher as a workaround (which defeatured a few native TW options), or rooting; there's no way around that. Apple doesn't force bloat. Other apps get pushed and updated without any control over the process by the user.

Another area to consider is integration with your computing and communication ecosystems. It's easy to collaborate and communicate with others in the iOS world given all the features that iOS 7 provides. If you're a Mac user, then the integration is seamless.

iOS is not perfect and lacks a few features I'd like to see; but overall for me the hardware quality, timely updates, improving iOS features and functionality, and fantastic support are good reasons to stay with the 5S and iOS.
    Last edited by Dog5000; 01-17-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    01-17-2014 07:49 PM
    I think I might end staying with the Note 3. Someone offered me a unlocked LG G2 and 70 today but I said idk because idk much about that phone is haven't had it.

I had the LG G2 prior to getting the 5s. Great phone with a great camera. OIS is a great addition to the camera and I hope the next iPhone gets it. I gave it to my nephew and he loves it. The buttons on the back take a bit of getting used to, but the knock knock feature is very cool.

All in all there are a bunch of good phones out there at the moment.......

~S
    01-17-2014 10:13 PM
    The iphone 5s is the best in the market and it's even better jailbroken you got the best of both worlds jail broken customization of android and the stable fluid os of apple
    01-17-2014 10:56 PM
    I take the plunger..i purchase the ip5s since 5 days ago..but still keep my note 3..android making me sick with its customization..not really good at it..like the simplicity of iOS 😄

01-17-2014 11:12 PM
    I'm still debating if I should. I wanna thank y'all for all of your opinions its helping my decision. I think I'm coming close to just keeping my note 3 but I'm not sure yet. Today I payed $35 to get it unlocked on cellphoneunlocker.net

01-18-2014 06:10 PM
    Someone offered me a 64gb silver iPhone 5s with AppleCare until October 2015 for two years. But it's not unlocked. I just paid to get this unlocked for $35. I wanna trade but it's Att I have TMobile it cost $130 to get it unlocked one he unlocking websites.

01-19-2014 10:56 AM
    excuse my ignorance, but what does jailbreaking mean in this context?
    01-21-2014 02:01 PM
    excuse my ignorance, but what does jailbreaking mean in this context?
    See the information via the following link:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/200738-jailbreak-faq-common-questions-answers-read-before-posting.html
    01-21-2014 02:31 PM
    I will be going to an iPhone 5S from a Note 3 next week. Not really by choice but because my work is making me. I guess if I had to switch from the Note 3 then this would be the phone I would want to go to. I like Android but my work exclusively uses Apple so I really had no choice.

I liked everything about the Note 3, especially the size. I am a little worried about the size of the 5S but I think I will get used to it. I never used the S-Pen that much so losing that shouldn't be an issue. Good luck on your decision.
    01-30-2014 12:59 PM
    I work at Best Buy in the mobile department, and honestly we've been having a lot of people bring back their note 3 and getting a 5s(some even a 5c lol). But i've had tons of time to play with the note, and honestly the S pen and it's features aren't really all that special, I can't stand touchwiz interface either. The camera on the note is good but honestly nowhere near the 5s. Plus iphones are pretty much compatible with just about everything, meaning more apps, more accessories, etc. From a looong time android user(started with the G1) the way apple makes their intergration within their apps is second to none, i'm sooooo glad that i moved from an android phone to an iphone. Now i still have my Nexus 7 which is amazing, but when it comes to phones, iphone is the way to go
    02-06-2014 01:36 PM
    My friend did that she did for the 5c than went back and got 5s
    I have the note 2 to HTC one back to apple
    I learned my lessom

02-06-2014 07:10 PM
    I got used to it pretty easy

02-06-2014 07:11 PM
    I had the note 3, came back to apple,won't leave again.☺️

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-18-2014 02:00 AM
    I had the note 3, came back to apple,won't leave again.☺️

Welcome back.
    02-18-2014 02:09 AM
    I was LOLing at this topic when it was first posted but I just went through a weekend where my Note 3 took a walk on me (lost it in the house, so found it, huzzah!) and I ended up using my iPod for EVERYTHING over those two days. It really helped iOS grow on me. I had to set up contacts and finally use it for SMS and stuff and I found it quite satisfying.

For me the killer spec is integration between iOS and OS X. I own a Google Chromebook, and I have a Windows 7 partition on my computer, plus a Nexus 7. None of those devices offer the kind of utility that can be found between OS X and iOS. Sure I can sync SMS via Verizon web interface, but why not just iMessages? There are various ways to sync media, but iTunes does it so well. And so on and so forth.

I'm in it for the long haul with my Note 3 (which I love) but by the time the iPhone 6S comes out, I'll be strongly considering a full switch to Apple. If you use an OS X computer, integration between your desktop/laptop and mobile devices is just awesome.
    02-18-2014 08:12 AM
    Hi! i understand this is an old post but had a quick question. I like the poster am undecided about phones. I have owned iphone since the 3G, 4S and currently 5S i used to love the phone. And the 5S i find really quick an easy, but ultimately the same experience as my 4S even after ios7. On the other hand i have used an SIII for about a month or two and really liked it. A LOT. Just went back to iphone to try ios7. I have an ipad 4 and macbook air 13" 2013. And consider myself a Mac "power user". I know how to do almost everything on my iphone/ipad/mac
    But... I'm growing tired of the iphone user interface, I use my phone a lot for almost everything, music, email, social networking, and reading from the web almost all the time. Even use it more than my ipad at home, just because i have it at hand. So... was thinking about the note 3 for the screen, the stylus and the productivity as an iphone+ipad killer.
    My problem is that i love both devices for perfect opposite reasons
    5s: always at hand, easy, just works, built to last.
    Note 3: huge screen for reading, stylus for drawing, multitasking for productivity, customization.
    Basically i want everything. As a tech junky... what would you suggest?
    Thanks in advance.
    03-11-2014 06:12 PM
    Hi! i understand this is an old post but had a quick question. I like the poster am undecided about phones. I have owned iphone since the 3G, 4S and currently 5S i used to love the phone. And the 5S i find really quick an easy, but ultimately the same experience as my 4S even after ios7. On the other hand i have used an SIII for about a month or two and really liked it. A LOT. Just went back to iphone to try ios7. I have an ipad 4 and macbook air 13" 2013. And consider myself a Mac "power user". I know how to do almost everything on my iphone/ipad/mac
    But... I'm growing tired of the iphone user interface, I use my phone a lot for almost everything, music, email, social networking, and reading from the web almost all the time. Even use it more than my ipad at home, just because i have it at hand. So... was thinking about the note 3 for the screen, the stylus and the productivity as an iphone+ipad killer.
    Note 3: huge screen for reading, stylus for drawing, multitasking for productivity, customization.
    Thanks in advance.
    This is a difficult situation that many of us find ourselves in (who are not opposed to trying other platforms). The first thing I'd ask myself is why...why am I contemplating the switch. Then prioritize. I think you have done this. If near the top of the list is boredom with IOS, I think it poses a greater risk when switching. Because, you may be searching for a quench to your boredom thirst that doesn't exist. Meaning, you may become bored with Android in time once the honeymoon phase wears off. Or more so, you may find that the tradeoffs with android are larger than their worth. Of course, the opposite is also a possibility.

I left for the Note 3, only to find:
    1) the big screen was GREAT when sitting stationary and viewing but a pain when handling, trying to use one handed, fit in a pocket or cup holder, etc.
    2) I used the stylus for drawing and quickly fell out of favor with that. Ultimately, the stylus was seldom ever pulled out again
    3) multitasking for productivity - I can do as much as quickly on my iPhone, just differently.
    4) Customization, while fun, gets old. I got tired of launchers, live wallpapers, etc.

Now, obviously that is just my experience and mine alone. With the iPhone, I appreciate its one handed use, fit in my pockets, multitude of accessories, iCloud, integration with my Macbook, speed, quality of apps, ease of use, insane reliability, camera, etc. While there were cool things I could do with the Note 3, I found that they were more likely things to demonstrate to friends than things which improved my daily efficiency and effectiveness. At 38 years old and 7 years into smartphones, I can finally say I am past all of that.

Best wishes on your decision as ultimately only you can decide what is best for you. I understand the dilemma. With maturation setting in on the smart phone segment to a degree, there is less and less for us to discover and try on our phones. I am finally to the point where I just 'use' my phone...as silly as that sounds. But boring can also be a byproduct of excellence. There is little need to tinker with and solve with the iPhone. To quote the phrase that I have grown to despise and makes me cringe every time I hear/read it, "it just works".
    cwbcpa and naimmkassim like this.
    03-11-2014 06:48 PM
    As someone who has both, I completely understand this. I could never be happy with either or, only with both.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.
    03-11-2014 07:12 PM
    Thanks in advance.
    I was in the same boat til around last Thanksgiving. I had the Moto X, Galaxy s4, HTC One (I stay away from the Note series, it's just too big for me and my pockets) and I just got bored and tired of the less polished feel of Android. I love Android don't get me wrong, but there is just something about the apps in iOS I can't get from Android. I still have an Android tablet for whenever I feel the need to use it, but I think after crossing back and forth so many times, I am finally happy with iOS and I do not plan on jumping ship anytime soon. I feel that with iOS and Android, you truly get what you pay for.
    03-11-2014 07:42 PM
    For me, the ecosystem in iOS is the big decider for me, getting all my music and apps and video on one device, or two devices, a phone and tablet combo.

I used to like the Android openness, and I never had to worry about restrictions on Android, but, overall, it felt less stable. I can do pretty much the same stuff on my iPhone now, so it's easy to stay on one device increasingly.

There are certainly draws to the Note 3, as I would appreciate the advantages of having a large screen, but I see no point right now.
    03-11-2014 09:37 PM
    I just came from the note 3 to the iPhone 5s and couldn't be happier.
    I'm a loooong time android user so it's taking a bit of effort to get accustomed to iOS. But everyday I am getting more and more comfortable with the way this phone operates, and let me say that it operates really well. Giving up the larger screen of the note 3 was the biggest sacrifice but for me the trade off of a device that is easier to handle and pocket is worth it. Another reason why this is a good fit for me is on android I was rooting, modding, and changing the phone everyday but with my 5s I've just put what I want on it and enjoy using it everyday.

jaleesag88 and yungboi like this.
    03-12-2014 11:48 AM
    I just came from the note 3 to the iPhone 5s and couldn't be happier.
    I'm a loooong time android user so it's taking a bit of effort to get accustomed to iOS. But everyday I am getting more and more comfortable with the way this phone operates, and let me say that it operates really well. Giving up the larger screen of the note 3 was the biggest sacrifice but for me the trade off of a device that is easier to handle and pocket is worth it. Another reason why this is a good fit for me is on android I was rooting, modding, and changing the phone everyday but with my 5s I've just put what I want on it and enjoy using it everyday.

its been the exact same for me over the last few years. I had an iPhone 4 when that first came out on Verizon and loved the crap out of it, but after moving to the Galaxy Nexus, I became more concerned with having a bigger screen than the actual user experience. after going through numerous Samsung, Motorola, and even a couple LG phones since then, I finally broke down and bought a 5s just to see if I could manage living with a "tiny" screen compared to the Note 2 and Moto X I am currently double fisting. So far, its been a really pleasant experience. its not blowing my mind with how amazing it is, but I've been incredibly happy just using it as a multi media device. Definitely a much better experience than the "stock" android feel of the Moto X and leagues above the TouchWiz UI on the Note 2. I've already gotten completely comfortable with the screen size and one-handed nature of the phone. didn't even take a day.
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
    03-12-2014 09:38 PM
92 1234