Thinking of Trading my Note 3 for iPhone 5s..

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
That's fine, but I don't think that justifies calling out the other guys post as being unhelpful and illegitimate simply because he shared a more simple opinion (which is what the OP asked for after all). You could have done all of those things without calling him out, right?

I can only imagine the flack I would have gotten if I just posted:
"It's iOS. You couldn't give me an iPhone for free. Do not trade."
But whatever I will stop trying to be the sound of reason for OP.

ಠ益ಠ

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

ಠ益ಠ

Thank you for your opinions but I just trying to find reasons for if I shouldn't or not and you helped so thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have used both the Note 2 and the iPhone 5s. Both are great phones (and I am assuming that the Note 3 follows suit). I really liked the Note 2 for reading and playing games, but I found that I did not use the s-Pen as much as I thought I would. I switched back to the iPhone because at the end of the day the Note was just to big for everyday use. I like being able to use my phone one handed and I now have a tablet for reading. It was a bit of a change when I moved back to the iphone as it felt cramped, but I adjust rather quickly. Its really going to come down to personal preference.

My hope is that the next iPhone has a form factor and screen size similar to the Moto X.....

~S

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

ಠ益ಠ

Your on an iPhone forum, of course you'd get flack. If he went over to Android Central, he'd get flack too (and rightfully so). It comes with the territory, and if you felt froggy enough to say something like that here, more power to ya! But when you tell this guy, who is on the forum of the device he prefers, that he is not being "objective" (when the OP didn't even ask for objective discussion)...I mean it just seems odd.

It'd be like going to a Braves home game and telling fans who boo the opposing team that they aren't being objective...lol. I'm sure you understand the kind of response you'd get there...

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I think I might end staying with the Note 3. Someone offered me a unlocked LG G2 and 70 today but I said idk because idk much about that phone is haven't had it.

Secretagnt

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep and left the note 3. Don't get me wrong the note 3 is an awesome phone the iphone 5s just made more sense for me as the phone is more "pocketable" and easier to operate with one hand

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Your on an iPhone forum, of course you'd get flack. If he went over to Android Central, he'd get flack too (and rightfully so). It comes with the territory, and if you felt froggy enough to say something like that here, more power to ya! But when you tell this guy, who is on the forum of the device he prefers, that he is not being "objective" (when the OP didn't even ask for objective discussion)...I mean it just seems odd.

It'd be like going to a Braves home game and telling fans who boo the opposing team that they aren't being objective...lol. I'm sure you understand the kind of response you'd get there...

I hear ya

ಠ益ಠ

niko66

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Iphone has a little better battery and the touch id works good but thats it. The retna display is not as good as the galaxy.I took pictures with the iphone and that same pic looks better on my galaxy. Having a micro sd card is the best you can move files with ease on iphone you cant.and i like playing games on a big screen I am gonna sell my 5s not cause i dont like the iphone its just the galaxy is better for me you need to figure that one out on your own

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
What do y'all think? I like the note but I think I want the 5s I never had it. What's y'all opinions? Is the camera really amazing like everyone says? Even in low light?

Do it! I did it! And I'm so happy!! The iPhone 5s is the best and the camera is amazing! I don't think you will regret it! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have both. 5S is my primary device. Note 3 has many things to like, and it serves me well as a WiFi phablet around the house. I wasn't as happy with the camera in low light or moving objects situations. As others have stated, the 5S camera excels all around.

While I generally like TouchWiz, there are a few bloat ware problems with the Note 3. Hard coding My Magazine to the Home Button was a real disappointment. Short of using a third party launcher as a workaround (which defeatured a few native TW options), or rooting; there's no way around that. Apple doesn't force bloat. Other apps get pushed and updated without any control over the process by the user.

Another area to consider is integration with your computing and communication ecosystems. It's easy to collaborate and communicate with others in the iOS world given all the features that iOS 7 provides. If you're a Mac user, then the integration is seamless.

iOS is not perfect and lacks a few features I'd like to see; but overall for me the hardware quality, timely updates, improving iOS features and functionality, and fantastic support are good reasons to stay with the 5S and iOS.

Last edited:

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I might end staying with the Note 3. Someone offered me a unlocked LG G2 and 70 today but I said idk because idk much about that phone is haven't had it.

I had the LG G2 prior to getting the 5s. Great phone with a great camera. OIS is a great addition to the camera and I hope the next iPhone gets it. I gave it to my nephew and he loves it. The buttons on the back take a bit of getting used to, but the knock knock feature is very cool.

All in all there are a bunch of good phones out there at the moment.......

~S

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The iphone 5s is the best in the market and it's even better jailbroken you got the best of both worlds jail broken customization of android and the stable fluid os of apple

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I take the plunger..i purchase the ip5s since 5 days ago..but still keep my note 3..android making me sick with its customization..not really good at it..like the simplicity of iOS 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm still debating if I should. I wanna thank y'all for all of your opinions its helping my decision. I think I'm coming close to just keeping my note 3 but I'm not sure yet. Today I payed $35 to get it unlocked on cellphoneunlocker.net

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Someone offered me a 64gb silver iPhone 5s with AppleCare until October 2015 for two years. But it's not unlocked. I just paid to get this unlocked for $35. I wanna trade but it's Att I have TMobile it cost $130 to get it unlocked one he unlocking websites.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR