Thinking of Trading my Note 3 for iPhone 5s..

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am a tech junky and hop around from OS to OS quite a bit. My opinion of Android is that it's too fragmented and due to the fragmentation, it's harder to support and therefore less stable. Like the poster above, there is always just something wrong with whatever Android device I use that's glaring enough to irk me. I love the flexibility of Android, though, but not enough to stay with it long term. I also agree with the camera comment. Haven't seen a phone with a better camera than iPhone. BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 don't compare and neither does the N5. I take pics of my kids and it's important to me to have a quality, reliable camera. I also don't personally understand phablets. They're huge and cumbersome to tote around everywhere. I like the size of the iPhone and hope they keep making it small. Personal preference, really.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The S-Pen and the customization. But I really like the iPhone because of how smooth and stable it is. And the camera isn't flawless? Everybody keeps telling me it's the best camera compared to any phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Isn't the Note 3 pretty smooth? Personally I am not a fan of ios7 much, so that is enough to keep me away. Though touchwiz isn't better. In regards to the camera on the iPhone 5s no it is not flawless. No camera phone camera is flawless. They can ways get better and will get better. I can't say if it is better than "every other phone" because I have not used "every other phone". If you like Samsung phones maybe wait and see what the S5 is going to have in store before making your decision.

ಠ益ಠ

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
itz none other than iPhone5s is greatest latest phone for every functions as u want . powerful camera result and iOS is too best too user friendly mobile os
i have single line Simply The Best

ba_hamilton

May 29, 2011
Visit site
All of the colors are nice, but I went with the GOLD and LUV it ....SMILE

I traded in my gnex for a gold 5s this week. The hardware is simply beautiful. The camera on the 5s is pretty amazing. The thumbprint thing to unlock the phone is awesome. The smaller screen doesn't bother me. The biggest adjustment I am having issues with is with the keyboard. I really, really, miss swiftkey. Everyone tells me I will adjust to the apple keyboard but it really does suck. Apple forgot to bring it out of the stone age. I'm good with everything else about the phone. The battery life is pretty sweet after years on an android phone. The apps are all about the same. You can't really go wrong with a 5s.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It seems you want the iPhone 5s for no reason at all, with which I must say consider all your pros and cons of having either device and make a proper decision that only you yourself can make. What works for you may not work for me, and vice versa

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
With the phones of today, both phones function the same. People who neg on android obviously haven't tried Jelly Bean or Kit Kat on a top tier phone. Get an iPhone if you want the "i'm cool" factor.. Brings me to a text I sent today, I own the Droid Maxx and iPhone 5s. I texted with the 5s and the first thing she said was "wow you got an iPhone finally" (because her texts were blue).. SMH Who cares ?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Idk later today I will be deciding for sure if I do the trade. It's a hard decision because I'm trading it with someone on Craigslist so I won't be able to just trade it back as if I got it from the store. I'm definitely going to miss the big screen and all the features. The main thing I love about iOS is there keyboard and emojis, Camera I haven't tried on 5S yet though hear it's very flawless then I hear it's not that Good I don't know about that yet. Also a big thing I know I will like is the fingerprint scanner so that's also a big reason why I want to try the iPhone 5s. And I'm stuck between Gold or the Gray I'm not sure which one yet. Also if I trade should I jailbreak the iPhone? I usually don't jailbreak my iPhones I only did once about a year ago .

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 5S, but I just wanted to stress how amazing Apple's customer service is. I am about three weeks out of warranty, and they still agreed to exchange my faulty battery with no stress at all. Both the representatives in store and on the phone were extremely polite and actually sounded like they were concerned with my situation. Couldn't be happier with them or their products. Be it phone or other.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Idk later today I will be deciding for sure if I do the trade. It's a hard decision because I'm trading it with someone on Craigslist so I won't be able to just trade it back as if I got it from the store. I'm definitely going to miss the big screen and all the features. The main thing I love about iOS is there keyboard and emojis, Camera I haven't tried on 5S yet though hear it's very flawless then I hear it's not that Good I don't know about that yet. Also a big thing I know I will like is the fingerprint scanner so that's also a big reason why I want to try the iPhone 5s. And I'm stuck between Gold or the Gray I'm not sure which one yet. Also if I trade should I jailbreak the iPhone? I usually don't jailbreak my iPhones I only did once about a year ago .

SwiftKey Android beta now has full emoji support. The full release should be out soon. Personally I feel SwiftKey is a much better keyboard than stock iPhone. The international Note 3 has been receiving the kitkat update which also allows for full emoji support. You can probably find an APK of the updated kitkat Google keyboard if you can't wait. The fingerprint scanner is a big plus for the 5s I will give it that.

ಠ益ಠ

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not very objective or helpful.

ಠ益ಠ

OP didn't stipulate objective (in fact, quite the opposite)...he asked "What do y'all think?" and asked for opinions. If that is what Xm_jdm thinks, it's no more or less "helpful" than anything you've said. Just because you made a paragraph to say how you don't care for iOS 7 doesn't mean it's any more legitimate than a few words reflecting how one doesn't care for Android.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully prior to the trade you have at least spent some time in a local store playing with the 5S. Do your homework and test out things like the camera in the store. It should at least give you an idea on how you feel wielding a 4" device vs the Note 3, camera quality, etc.

What features specifically will you miss by trading the Note 3? I know they are feature packed, but which ones did you actually use that you will miss?

The camera is excellent, and far from flawless at the same time. It is just as capable of producing bad shots as any other camera out there. Part of the quality of shots lie with the person taking them. But on average, yes, the pictures turn out excellent.

I am curious how you are stuck between Gold or Gray if you are trading with someone on craigslist. Regardless, if you are going to put a case on the phone, then you are basically deciding between a white faced, or black faced phone.

As far as jailbreaking goes, no one can answer that for you. Give yourself an opportunity to actually use ios 7 to see if you even feel you are missing anything. If you can identify shortcomings, and through research can find that a solution to those shortcomings exists in cydia, then you will find your answer.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
OP didn't stipulate objective (in fact, quite the opposite)...he asked "What do y'all think?" and asked for opinions. If that is what Xm_jdm thinks, it's no more or less "helpful" than anything you've said. Just because you made a paragraph to say how you don't care for iOS 7 doesn't mean it's any more legitimate than a few words reflecting how one doesn't care for Android.

Point me to the paragraph explaining about how I don't care for iOS 7... It was one sentence. And that is my only gripe with the iPhone5s, I tend to like a utilitarian design. I am just trying to help him weigh the pros and cons. Making sure he isn't jumping into something he may not like, because he already likes his Note 3 and like he said if he trades on Craigslist he simply cannot just go back. Obviously we are on iMore so most people are going to suggest the iPhone, if he did this in the Note 3 forums he would get most people telling him to keep it. Just trying to be a voice of reason.
One of the biggest selling points for the iPhone (for him) seem to be emojis which can be gotten on Android a number of different ways. 😅🍕🐢🎃😜☔😘🙋🙋🍝🚼🔑

Last edited:

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Go to your carrier's store and check it out. I did this and fell in love but I switched from an iPhone 5. I had both black ones - when they get dropped or scratch, beautiful silver shows through :) only thing I don't like is iPhone's don't have user accessible file saving storage (if that makes sense) so we're able to attach files (pdf, doc, odc) to emails. It's a process (for me) and it was easier on android. Other than that I'm #TeamIphone forever - at least until they start making see through phones.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 5S, but I just wanted to stress how amazing Apple's customer service is. I am about three weeks out of warranty, and they still agreed to exchange my faulty battery with no stress at all. Both the representatives in store and on the phone were extremely polite and actually sounded like they were concerned with my situation. Couldn't be happier with them or their products. Be it phone or other.

I've found hit or miss on this, Apple New York stores awesome service, I went to one in Menlo park mall, NJ biggest ...cks I've ever encountered I'm buying more product and they were horrible, I walked out.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Point me to the paragraph explaining about how I don't care for iOS 7... It was one sentence. And that is my only gripe with the iPhone5s, I tend to like a utilitarian design. I am just trying to help him weigh the pros and cons. Making sure he isn't jumping into something he may not like, because he already likes his Note 3 and like he said if he trades on Craigslist he simply cannot just go back. Obviously we are on iMore so most people are going to suggest the iPhone, if he did this in the Note 3 forums he would get most people telling him to keep it. Just trying to be a voice of reason.
One of the biggest selling points for the iPhone (for him) seem to be emojis which can be gotten on Android a number of different ways. ����������☔������������

That's fine, but I don't think that justifies calling out the other guys post as being unhelpful and illegitimate simply because he shared a more simple opinion (which is what the OP asked for after all). You could have done all of those things without calling him out, right?

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Here's some pics I took with my 5S. I'm not the best photographer and these were just a test but it will give you an idea of what the camera is like. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1389986005.860924.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1389986022.249204.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1389986037.896651.jpg

Sent from my gold iPhone 5S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73