All of the colors are nice, but I went with the GOLD and LUV it ....SMILE
    I traded in my gnex for a gold 5s this week. The hardware is simply beautiful. The camera on the 5s is pretty amazing. The thumbprint thing to unlock the phone is awesome. The smaller screen doesn't bother me. The biggest adjustment I am having issues with is with the keyboard. I really, really, miss swiftkey. Everyone tells me I will adjust to the apple keyboard but it really does suck. Apple forgot to bring it out of the stone age. I'm good with everything else about the phone. The battery life is pretty sweet after years on an android phone. The apps are all about the same. You can't really go wrong with a 5s.
    01-17-2014 12:26 AM
    It seems you want the iPhone 5s for no reason at all, with which I must say consider all your pros and cons of having either device and make a proper decision that only you yourself can make. What works for you may not work for me, and vice versa

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 12:57 AM
    With the phones of today, both phones function the same. People who neg on android obviously haven't tried Jelly Bean or Kit Kat on a top tier phone. Get an iPhone if you want the "i'm cool" factor.. Brings me to a text I sent today, I own the Droid Maxx and iPhone 5s. I texted with the 5s and the first thing she said was "wow you got an iPhone finally" (because her texts were blue).. SMH Who cares ?
    01-17-2014 02:28 AM
    The size change will be a huge issue for you.
    01-17-2014 03:29 AM
    Idk later today I will be deciding for sure if I do the trade. It's a hard decision because I'm trading it with someone on Craigslist so I won't be able to just trade it back as if I got it from the store. I'm definitely going to miss the big screen and all the features. The main thing I love about iOS is there keyboard and emojis, Camera I haven't tried on 5S yet though hear it's very flawless then I hear it's not that Good I don't know about that yet. Also a big thing I know I will like is the fingerprint scanner so that's also a big reason why I want to try the iPhone 5s. And I'm stuck between Gold or the Gray I'm not sure which one yet. Also if I trade should I jailbreak the iPhone? I usually don't jailbreak my iPhones I only did once about a year ago .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 03:45 AM
    I don't have an iPhone 5S, but I just wanted to stress how amazing Apple's customer service is. I am about three weeks out of warranty, and they still agreed to exchange my faulty battery with no stress at all. Both the representatives in store and on the phone were extremely polite and actually sounded like they were concerned with my situation. Couldn't be happier with them or their products. Be it phone or other.
    01-17-2014 07:22 AM
    Idk later today I will be deciding for sure if I do the trade. It's a hard decision because I'm trading it with someone on Craigslist so I won't be able to just trade it back as if I got it from the store. I'm definitely going to miss the big screen and all the features. The main thing I love about iOS is there keyboard and emojis, Camera I haven't tried on 5S yet though hear it's very flawless then I hear it's not that Good I don't know about that yet. Also a big thing I know I will like is the fingerprint scanner so that's also a big reason why I want to try the iPhone 5s. And I'm stuck between Gold or the Gray I'm not sure which one yet. Also if I trade should I jailbreak the iPhone? I usually don't jailbreak my iPhones I only did once about a year ago .

SwiftKey Android beta now has full emoji support. The full release should be out soon. Personally I feel SwiftKey is a much better keyboard than stock iPhone. The international Note 3 has been receiving the kitkat update which also allows for full emoji support. You can probably find an APK of the updated kitkat Google keyboard if you can't wait. The fingerprint scanner is a big plus for the 5s I will give it that.

ಠ益ಠ
    01-17-2014 07:57 AM
    Not very objective or helpful.

ಠ益ಠ
    OP didn't stipulate objective (in fact, quite the opposite)...he asked "What do y'all think?" and asked for opinions. If that is what Xm_jdm thinks, it's no more or less "helpful" than anything you've said. Just because you made a paragraph to say how you don't care for iOS 7 doesn't mean it's any more legitimate than a few words reflecting how one doesn't care for Android.
    01-17-2014 08:22 AM

Hopefully prior to the trade you have at least spent some time in a local store playing with the 5S. Do your homework and test out things like the camera in the store. It should at least give you an idea on how you feel wielding a 4" device vs the Note 3, camera quality, etc.

What features specifically will you miss by trading the Note 3? I know they are feature packed, but which ones did you actually use that you will miss?

The camera is excellent, and far from flawless at the same time. It is just as capable of producing bad shots as any other camera out there. Part of the quality of shots lie with the person taking them. But on average, yes, the pictures turn out excellent.

I am curious how you are stuck between Gold or Gray if you are trading with someone on craigslist. Regardless, if you are going to put a case on the phone, then you are basically deciding between a white faced, or black faced phone.

As far as jailbreaking goes, no one can answer that for you. Give yourself an opportunity to actually use ios 7 to see if you even feel you are missing anything. If you can identify shortcomings, and through research can find that a solution to those shortcomings exists in cydia, then you will find your answer.
    01-17-2014 08:36 AM
    OP didn't stipulate objective (in fact, quite the opposite)...he asked "What do y'all think?" and asked for opinions. If that is what Xm_jdm thinks, it's no more or less "helpful" than anything you've said. Just because you made a paragraph to say how you don't care for iOS 7 doesn't mean it's any more legitimate than a few words reflecting how one doesn't care for Android.
    Point me to the paragraph explaining about how I don't care for iOS 7... It was one sentence. And that is my only gripe with the iPhone5s, I tend to like a utilitarian design. I am just trying to help him weigh the pros and cons. Making sure he isn't jumping into something he may not like, because he already likes his Note 3 and like he said if he trades on Craigslist he simply cannot just go back. Obviously we are on iMore so most people are going to suggest the iPhone, if he did this in the Note 3 forums he would get most people telling him to keep it. Just trying to be a voice of reason.
    One of the biggest selling points for the iPhone (for him) seem to be emojis which can be gotten on Android a number of different ways. 😅🍕🐢🎃😜☔😘🙋🙋🍝🚼🔑
    Last edited by Illustrator Joe; 01-17-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    01-17-2014 09:58 AM
    Go to your carrier's store and check it out. I did this and fell in love but I switched from an iPhone 5. I had both black ones - when they get dropped or scratch, beautiful silver shows through only thing I don't like is iPhone's don't have user accessible file saving storage (if that makes sense) so we're able to attach files (pdf, doc, odc) to emails. It's a process (for me) and it was easier on android. Other than that I'm #TeamIphone forever - at least until they start making see through phones.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊
    01-17-2014 11:45 AM
    I don't have an iPhone 5S, but I just wanted to stress how amazing Apple's customer service is. I am about three weeks out of warranty, and they still agreed to exchange my faulty battery with no stress at all. Both the representatives in store and on the phone were extremely polite and actually sounded like they were concerned with my situation. Couldn't be happier with them or their products. Be it phone or other.
    I've found hit or miss on this, Apple New York stores awesome service, I went to one in Menlo park mall, NJ biggest ...cks I've ever encountered I'm buying more product and they were horrible, I walked out.
    01-17-2014 01:21 PM
    Point me to the paragraph explaining about how I don't care for iOS 7... It was one sentence. And that is my only gripe with the iPhone5s, I tend to like a utilitarian design. I am just trying to help him weigh the pros and cons. Making sure he isn't jumping into something he may not like, because he already likes his Note 3 and like he said if he trades on Craigslist he simply cannot just go back. Obviously we are on iMore so most people are going to suggest the iPhone, if he did this in the Note 3 forums he would get most people telling him to keep it. Just trying to be a voice of reason.
    One of the biggest selling points for the iPhone (for him) seem to be emojis which can be gotten on Android a number of different ways. ☔
    That's fine, but I don't think that justifies calling out the other guys post as being unhelpful and illegitimate simply because he shared a more simple opinion (which is what the OP asked for after all). You could have done all of those things without calling him out, right?
    kataran and kch50428 like this.
    01-17-2014 01:39 PM
    Here's some pics I took with my 5S. I'm not the best photographer and these were just a test but it will give you an idea of what the camera is like. Thinking of Trading my Note 3 for iPhone 5s..-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1389986005.860924.jpgThinking of Trading my Note 3 for iPhone 5s..-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1389986022.249204.jpgThinking of Trading my Note 3 for iPhone 5s..-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1389986037.896651.jpg

Sent from my gold iPhone 5S
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-17-2014 02:14 PM
    Those pictures came out very clear they look great

01-17-2014 02:21 PM
    That's fine, but I don't think that justifies calling out the other guys post as being unhelpful and illegitimate simply because he shared a more simple opinion (which is what the OP asked for after all). You could have done all of those things without calling him out, right?
    I can only imagine the flack I would have gotten if I just posted:
    "It's iOS. You couldn't give me an iPhone for free. Do not trade."
    But whatever I will stop trying to be the sound of reason for OP.

ಠ益ಠ
    01-17-2014 02:47 PM

ಠ益ಠ
    Thank you for your opinions but I just trying to find reasons for if I shouldn't or not and you helped so thanks

01-17-2014 02:52 PM
    I have used both the Note 2 and the iPhone 5s. Both are great phones (and I am assuming that the Note 3 follows suit). I really liked the Note 2 for reading and playing games, but I found that I did not use the s-Pen as much as I thought I would. I switched back to the iPhone because at the end of the day the Note was just to big for everyday use. I like being able to use my phone one handed and I now have a tablet for reading. It was a bit of a change when I moved back to the iphone as it felt cramped, but I adjust rather quickly. Its really going to come down to personal preference.

My hope is that the next iPhone has a form factor and screen size similar to the Moto X.....

~S
    kataran likes this.
    01-17-2014 03:15 PM
    Thank you for your opinions but I just trying to find reasons for if I shouldn't or not and you helped so thanks

Either way you really can't go wrong, so I am sure you will be happy.

ಠ益ಠ
    01-17-2014 03:57 PM

ಠ益ಠ
    Your on an iPhone forum, of course you'd get flack. If he went over to Android Central, he'd get flack too (and rightfully so). It comes with the territory, and if you felt froggy enough to say something like that here, more power to ya! But when you tell this guy, who is on the forum of the device he prefers, that he is not being "objective" (when the OP didn't even ask for objective discussion)...I mean it just seems odd.

It'd be like going to a Braves home game and telling fans who boo the opposing team that they aren't being objective...lol. I'm sure you understand the kind of response you'd get there...
    01-17-2014 05:06 PM
    I would say pick the phone that suits your needs best.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 05:30 PM
    I think I might end staying with the Note 3. Someone offered me a unlocked LG G2 and 70 today but I said idk because idk much about that phone is haven't had it.

Speedygi likes this.
    01-17-2014 05:53 PM
    I made the switch. Honestly one of the best decisions I have made as far as phones. I love it.
    01-17-2014 05:54 PM
    I made the switch. Honestly one of the best decisions I have made as far as phones. I love it.
    The switch to what IPhone 5s?

01-17-2014 05:59 PM
    Yep and left the note 3. Don't get me wrong the note 3 is an awesome phone the iphone 5s just made more sense for me as the phone is more "pocketable" and easier to operate with one hand
    01-17-2014 06:21 PM
92 1234