So I switch back and forth between phones and now I'm back on an iPhone 5s.

My last android phone was a moto x and it uses a nano sim as well.

Right know I cannot get visual voicemail to work or personal hotspot.

I've done everything I always do when I switch and never have had a problem.

Talked to a tech support today and I asked if it was my sim and he said it shouldn't be. But everything looked good on his end. So he created a ticket for me.

I figure when I get home I have a new sim I will test it out anyways.

Well he calls me back and said he believes he figured it out. He says that what I own is a android SIM card and I have to get an apple nano sim.

I explained they are the same and the nano sim works on any phone that takes one, he politely says that is incorrect and apple created the nano sim and android just created one recently. I just figured I'll let him think whatever since he doesn't seem to budge.

My question, so I am right, right? Second, as far as I know apple didn't create the nano sim they were first to use it right?

Also anyone know of a fix for my problem? I'm still hoping my sim someone has messed up from switching and a new sim will fix.
    01-14-2014 12:34 PM
    Also reading online appears I'm not the only told this. Lol
    01-14-2014 12:39 PM
    I used the nano sim in a galaxy note 3 using a sim adaptor and everything worked, I also used this with the motox with no problem voicemail worked and all features as i switch back and forth constantly depending on what new device comes out that gets my attention not sure what they are talking about.
    01-14-2014 02:00 PM
    I used the nano sim in a galaxy note 3 using a sim adaptor and everything worked, I also used this with the motox with no problem voicemail worked and all features as i switch back and forth constantly depending on what new device comes out that gets my attention not sure what they are talking about.
    I figured they we're full of crap as I've used the same sim before and not has any problems. Still not sure why I can't get voicemail or hotspot.

They said that visual voicemail isn't wen listed as an option anymore for me.

I still maybe my sim is crapping out. Fortunately my new iphone came with one and I have it at my house.

Or they need to fix my account. Lol
    01-14-2014 02:10 PM
    When on android I use the att app for visual voicemail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-14-2014 02:11 PM
    A SIM card is a SIM card. No such thing as apple or android sim cards. It has to do with the data plan that's provisioned on the line
    01-14-2014 02:28 PM
    When on android I use the att app for visual voicemail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always use google voice on android, I thought call forwarding was my problem but they say it isn't.
    01-14-2014 02:38 PM
    A SIM card is a SIM card. No such thing as apple or android sim cards. It has to do with the data plan that's provisioned on the line
    Yeah I was positive they were the same. But the guy was making me sound like I was the stupid one or something, read online they are saying that to others as well.

Must be their go to response when they have no clue.
    01-14-2014 02:39 PM
    So it looks like there is two different nano sims after all, the android version they referred to is a nano sim with NFC and they are saying that is what is causing my issues. So a different sim without NFC should allow my other features to work.

That actually makes a lot more since.
    01-14-2014 10:12 PM