Does anyone edit Excel spreadsheets with Numbers?

George Jenkinson

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm considering an iPhone 5s as a purchase soon, but one thing I haven't been able to get an answer to either from Apple Store staff, or from the Apple website, is whether Numbers app will allow me both to save and store an Excel spreadsheet after I've opened and edited it Numbers? If so, will I be able to store it on the phone and/or iCloud too?

I know the Numbers info on the website says it can open and edit Excel, but it doesn't say you can save and store once you've opened and edited an Excel spreadsheet.

This is something I'll need for work and so would value everyone's help in finding out whether you can do this.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can store numbers on your iPhone and it would be uploaded to iCloud instantly. Be sure to create an Apple ID which includes iCloud.
You can also save and store your documents in numbers.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, with a caveat: If there are any Excel-proprietary formulas or functions in the spreadsheet - those don't translate over to Numbers... anything with standard formulas/functions should be fine.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried using it on my iPhone and the experience isn't that good. I think it's too small. Tell me how your experience goes.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have numbers on IOS and Mac, and I use it primarily as a checklist for keeping track of homework submissions (I am a teacher). I generally use it on my iPhone more for viewing; most of the editing is usually done on my iPad or macbook air.

I haven't actually tried creating new spreadsheets from my iPhone. I suppose it could be done, but that doesn't seem like a great experience from the small screen.

wildmangk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I use Numbers to track my monthly budget. I like how It syncs between my ios devices and I can pick up where I left off from using another ios device.

Sent from my iPad mini with retina

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2