I think you are hard of hearing Sean. I said the A7 is better than the A6, this goes without saying, I said that 64bit ARN s not revolutionary, it's evolutionary... Also who ever said that arm v8 is a complete redo is wrong. I too read the v8 release and what changes they made, saying AMD and Intel made a mistake in their implementation is false, x86 64 again was evolutionary increase register size, add 64 bit operation extensions same thing that was done for arm V8.

Finally, I can give examples of issues on 5s that do not appear on 5, for example opening your app list, people notes it takes longer in 5s . Which may or may not have something to do with the processor but it's just a concrete example. Bottom line you call it trolling , I call it, taking things for what they are. And not trying to state everything is better because it's newer, on most all cases I say 5s hands down, but I'm sure you will find oddities where for whatever reason 5, given 32 bit variant of application and the same variant vowing run on 5s might run slower.
    01-13-2014 12:18 PM
    I think you are hard of hearing Sean. I said the A7 is better than the A6, this goes without saying, I said that 64bit ARN s not revolutionary, it's evolutionary... Also who ever said that arm v8 is a complete redo is wrong. I too read the v8 release and what changes they made, saying AMD and Intel made a mistake in their implementation is false, x86 64 again was evolutionary increase register size, add 64 bit operation extensions same thing that was done for arm V8.

Finally, I can give examples of issues on 5s that do not appear on 5, for example opening your app list, people notes it takes longer in 5s . Which may or may not have something to do with the processor but it's just a concrete example. Bottom line you call it trolling , I call it, taking things for what they are. And not trying to state everything is better because it's newer, on most all cases I say 5s hands down, but I'm sure you will find oddities where for whatever reason 5, given 32 bit variant of application and the same variant vowing run on 5s might run slower.
    This is the only example you can come up with; app list? The rest of the phone is lightning fast, look at Safari benchmarks; this is one of the benchmarks that matter.

Not app list.

It's like saying that windows explorer under windows XP is faster than windows explorer under win 7 64(which it is). But it's a big "so what".
    Last edited by i7guy; 01-13-2014 at 02:35 PM.
    01-13-2014 02:00 PM
    Let's try this again for the hard of hearing . The A7 is better than the A6. However stating because a chip is 64 bit it is inherently faster is simply wrong, there are many reasons why the A7 performs better but boiling it down to saying its because it's 64bit is not correct, how about it has 2x FPU and Int U compared to the A6? How about increases SRAM cache for GPU, etc... Either case man done with this argent because I'm arguing with someone who doesn't isht about Processor design.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:34 PM
    Since you cannot compare 32 and 64 bit of the same processor on iPhone, the point is moot. Of course processor design has something to do with it. Every generation processor is better faster stronger.

I will say windows 7 64 runs much better/faster on my i7 than windows xp. That us about as close as I can come to an equal footing amongst instruction sets.
    Last edited by i7guy; 01-13-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    01-13-2014 04:04 PM
    Let's try this again for the hard of hearing . The A7 is better than the A6. However stating because a chip is 64 bit it is inherently faster is simply wrong, there are many reasons why the A7 performs better but boiling it down to saying its because it's 64bit is not correct, how about it has 2x FPU and Int U compared to the A6? How about increases SRAM cache for GPU, etc... Either case man done with this argent because I'm arguing with someone who doesn't isht about Processor design.
    When did I say it was faster? All I said it was better that's all. The benefits of the ARMv8 instruction set outweigh the shortcomings but since Apple most likely modified the instruction set nobody know what they changed.

The only thing I'm still trying to get is how 64-bit will improve GPU performance when OpenGL ES 3.0 is 32-bit?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    01-13-2014 05:35 PM
    When did I say it was faster? All I said it was better that's all. The benefits of the ARMv8 instruction set outweigh the shortcomings but since Apple most likely modified the instruction set nobody know what they changed.

The only thing I'm still trying to get is how 64-bit will improve GPU performance when OpenGL ES 3.0 is 32-bit?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    The gPU is power VR, and is separate from the CPU , A7 is a SoC, a system on chip, basically think of your desktop but all those discrete processors shrunk onto one chip. It's a totally different set of instructions and architecture in GPU, 128-256bit busing. CPU should help some but beyond a certain point the gPU itself is the limiter, so not sure. I'm curious about Nvidias ARMv8 Tegra K performance, implementation as it will pair armv8 CPU paired with GeForce mobile Kepler for the gPU. Anybody knows Nvidia makes some beastly graphics processors.
    01-13-2014 06:10 PM
    I know this is a long shot, but sometimes a direct approach can be successful and removes the whole beating around the bush issue...

Can you just leave iMore? Like sign out of your account and stop posting here. As soon as you make one of your comments, and someone calls you out on it, you back track and try to act like what you said was taken out of context (which it never is, you just back track like some kind of salsa dancer)...and then you go on these rants that are completely irrelevant because, for some reason, you feel people are impressed that you're not impressed by Apple's offering and you think there are better chips (on random products) out there.

So like I said, I know asking this is probably a pointless effort, but can you at least consider it? Thanks.
    Beyond Fire and mikeo007 like this.
    01-13-2014 09:30 PM
    iPhone 5S!!💁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kataran likes this.
    01-13-2014 10:16 PM
    I know this is a long shot, but sometimes a direct approach can be successful and removes the whole beating around the bush issue...

Can you just leave iMore? Like sign out of your account and stop posting here. As soon as you make one of your comments, and someone calls you out on it, you back track and try to act like what you said was taken out of context (which it never is, you just back track like some kind of salsa dancer)...and then you go on these rants that are completely irrelevant because, for some reason, you feel people are impressed that you're not impressed by Apple's offering and you think there are better chips (on random products) out there.

So like I said, I know asking this is probably a pointless effort, but can you at least consider it? Thanks.
    Yes so unimpressed that own a 5s. Seanhrcc apparently you have love affair with me, please stop hanging from my ....
    01-13-2014 10:29 PM
    Yes so unimpressed that own a 5s. Seanhrcc apparently you have love affair with me, please stop hanging from my ....
    Aww...I'm flattered, but really, Im just a little tired of seeing your screen name pop up as having replied, honestly...since you've literally added nothing of value to the community.

No big deal though, we've worked through trolls before, and we'll do it again.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-14-2014 05:26 PM
    Aww...I'm flattered, but really, Im just a little tired of seeing your screen name pop up as having replied, honestly...since you've literally added nothing of value to the community.

You still sweating me I see. Perhaps you should take off your Tin crown , a legend in his own mind. It amazes me how someone I give so little thought to think is about so much. If tired maybe you should take a nap.
    01-14-2014 07:25 PM
    You still sweating me I see. Perhaps you should take off your Tin crown , a legend in his own mind. It amazes me how someone I give so little thought to think is about so much. If tired maybe you should take a nap.
    No sweating...just watching you fade away, and taking pleasure commenting about it while it happens.

For someone who gives "so little thought to", you sure seem to make a point to come back here and reply to me more than any other activity on this forum.
    01-14-2014 08:03 PM

You must be a GPU.
    01-14-2014 08:13 PM
    I see the start of a beautiful friendship starting in this thread. To the OP go to a Apple store or best buy and play with them both and see what you want.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 08:13 PM
    Beautiful friendship indeed..😅..OP just go buy 5s if you think you can afford it..nothing to waste..

01-21-2014 02:50 AM

Can you Ban him?? (most like I shouldn't be saying this )
    01-22-2014 02:44 AM
    I had the iPhone 5 and sold it and got a 5s! Why? First thing is touch id and the other thing is GOLD because it looks so good!

01-24-2014 10:03 PM
    This has been an interesting and amusing thread. iMore forums and very different than Android Central, the moderators here are seemingly way more...tolerant.

Sent from my iRidium 128GB iPad Air LTE
    01-25-2014 07:23 PM
    I got a 5c because I liked the color. I've never had a phone on contract though. I have a very expensive habit of buying phones on a whim. I think people should buy what makes them happy. Life is so short after all...
    01-25-2014 07:36 PM
    I got a 5c because I liked the color. I've never had a phone on contract though. I have a very expensive habit of buying phones on a whim. I think people should buy what makes them happy. Life is so short after all...
    I'm quite similar. I love tech...it's not a inexpensive hobby.

Sent from my iridium 64GB 5s
    01-25-2014 08:58 PM
    I made it easy. I got both. A white 5C and. Grey 5S. One for work and one for play.
    01-25-2014 09:00 PM
    I made it easy. I got both. A white 5C and. Grey 5S. One for work and one for play.
    I got a grey 5s and a silver 5s. These are really nice devices that are quite capable. I may decide to jailbreak the silver one after a while.

zerog46 likes this.
    01-25-2014 09:48 PM
    You brought the phone just because of the colour? Thats like saying you brought a dog just because it was green
    01-26-2014 09:55 PM
    You brought the phone just because of the colour? Thats like saying you brought a dog just because it was green
    Not quite, but the point is taken. It's just a phone.

01-27-2014 03:59 AM
    Look people buy cars solely on color alone and dogs for that matter so why not cellphones there's nothing unusual about that

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    iRiidium likes this.
    01-27-2014 07:49 AM
75 123